• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Bull pup Ion simple yet Awesome!

#106 User is offline   Pilsburry 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 August 2007 - 08:25 PM

Would it be possible to have a smaller barrel? 18"ers are somewhat gas hogs.
IPB Image

#107 User is offline   CERBERUS 

• Wicked Ace
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Dane

Posted 21 August 2007 - 03:27 PM

View PostPilsburry, on Aug 20 2007, 09:25 PM, said:

im sure that a 16 incher could be used, but typically accuracy continues to increase with barrel length UP TO 18 in. and the main goal, other than looks (which requires 18 in.), is maximum accuracy and efficiency.

even though the ion can go very fast, this style will limit speed and that will help to out weigh the gas consuming barrel. the efficiency is not really hindered with the extra two inches. if youre looking to save gas by shortening the barrel, youll need it to be MUCH shorter.

#108 User is offline   CERBERUS 

• Wicked Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 06 September 2007 - 08:19 PM

hey everyone its been a while. no posts recently, please give your opinions. this thread is groing nd the more opinions and idea reviews, the more specops will pay attention. the squeeky wheel gets the grease.

thanks
CERBERUS

(formerly THE DANE)

#109 User is offline   SPEDcial Forces 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 September 2007 - 08:25 PM

View PostCERBERUS, on Aug 21 2007, 03:27 PM, said:

View PostPilsburry, on Aug 20 2007, 09:25 PM, said:

im sure that a 16 incher could be used, but typically accuracy continues to increase with barrel length UP TO 18 in. and the main goal, other than looks (which requires 18 in.), is maximum accuracy and efficiency.

even though the ion can go very fast, this style will limit speed and that will help to out weigh the gas consuming barrel. the efficiency is not really hindered with the extra two inches. if youre looking to save gas by shortening the barrel, youll need it to be MUCH shorter.

Eh...Accuracy dosn't increase too much beyond 12", maby 14". "16 or 18" is just for poking around bunkers and through bushes and such.
"A bad day of paintball is one where I never get hit. If I don't look like I got date-raped by an octopus by the end of the day, thats a bad thing."

So you want to know why it's called an A5?

If I could assemble a new regulator for a paintball gun, I could build a liver. How hard could it be?

Automaggot #79

I'll bet you $10 the above post is telling you to buy an automag.

#110 User is offline   The Desacrator 

• You called down the thunder. Now reap the whirlwind.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Desacrator

Posted 06 September 2007 - 09:26 PM

That would be cool, to make, but how much in wieght are we talking here?

Pura Vida My Feedback +8/-0 My Sale "Pump players for the most part I mean they're kind of disturbed
individuals from what I can tell. These are the kind of people that go hunting with a spear." - Mike Philips

#111 User is offline   CERBERUS 

• Wicked Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 07 September 2007 - 09:47 PM

very light actually. it would be using ion guts so it would be really light there, and the body would be fiber glass reinforced plastic.
lighter than most any A-5s.

#112 User is offline   CERBERUS 

• Wicked Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 06 November 2008 - 03:57 PM

up

#113 User is offline   betasniper 

• A four dimensional object
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:betasniper

Posted 08 November 2008 - 11:30 AM

dude, it's been over a year! Only post if you have pics of it finally becoming complete.(do you have pics?)(please)
Wikipedia is the Walmart of knowledge, they have everything, but it is all tainted one way or another. If you spit on your monitor, your saliva becomes a rainbow, this is Microsoft's form of "optimism". One way to know if your lazy is if you use print preview, because you can't press the print button your self.
Zdspb-Marker Animations Long list of working markers, visit if confused Click here!!! Auxiliary Grammar Police #13 225Bp
If you collect coins, you're an economist. If you collect rocks, you're a geologist. if you collect death threats, you're the president.
"Most people swear by there A-5 I tend to swear at mine instead."-Long Wood, MY AWESOME WEBSITE!!!once you've gone shameless, you'll never go blameless As I lay in bed, I looked at the stars and thought, where the hell is my ceiling? "I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car..

Share this topic:

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users