• You cannot reply to this topic

Propper ACU Review No pictures yet

#1 User is offline   Evil_Merlin 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Evil_Merlin

Posted 16 April 2007 - 11:45 AM

This weekend allowed me to break-in my new Propper ACU's. These are offical Army issue ACU's with NIR Technology. So, the real thing.

They are 50/50 Nylon/Cotton, ripstop of course. The pants "features a leg cuff with front closure tie, which allows for more comfortable closure on the outside of the boot collar. Also features knee pouches with hook & loop closures for internal kneepad inserts, buttonfly with a drawstring, bellowed-calf storage pocket, and forward-tilted cargo pocket." The shirt, "has a madarin collar can be worn up or down, and the hook and loop sleeve cuff closure provides positive closure. A 3-slot pen pocket on the sleeve bottom and miximized shoulder pockets are designed to work as good as possible with the Army issue body armor".

I'm 5'9" about 180 lbs, medium build. I got the set in large regular, and it fit perfectly. They are MUCH more comfortable than my older Air Force Issue BDU's (well every branch uses them, mine just came from the Air Force, I don't remember the brand though).

They are made of a fairly hefty weight cloth. During the low 50 degree weather, with the standard Army Issue T-shirt under the ACU shirt, I had no issues with heat at all. I was a little cold at times when I wasn't moving, so I would rate the cloth for spring to early summer wear, it could be a bit heavy in the middle of the summer.

Storage was incredible, I had two 150 ball SpecialOps pods in each leg pocket. Two 10 ball tubes in my left shirt pocket and 1 12g CO2, a squeegie and some wipes in the other jacket pocket. And I had plenty of room to spare.

The camo performed very well in both the woods battles at P&L Paintball and in the GhostTown. In fact many people commented during Ghost Town they had a hard time spotting me unless I was running.

I've washed the ACU's twice thus far and have noticed no fading at all.

You can get a set for about 70 bucks shipped from the Propper Megastore (http://www.gearzonep...&Category=427).

All in all I HIGHLY recommend the ACU's, even over the Marine Corps MARPAT forest. Several people on the other side of the field during the woods battle were wearing MARPAT and it was quite easy to see in the wet, leafless environment. Maybe once spring finally gets here and there are leaves on the trees and bushes it will be different for MARPAT.

I hope this review helps some of you.
IPB Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users