• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Grip Frames

#1 User is offline   Jaron 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Jaron

Posted 08 December 2006 - 03:41 PM

I've brought this up before and I've seen many others ask for it as well.

I cannot find a custom grip frame for an A-5 anywhere. Please, please, PLEASE can you look into making a true 1911 frame for an A-5?

#2 User is offline   THE MENACE 

• /\ jewish rambo
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:THE MENACE

Posted 09 December 2006 - 01:49 PM

i might be able to make one. are you talking wood? with that kind of frame, the mil-sim guys would be extremely happy!

I'm a gun totin' scripture quotin' truck lovin' war shovin' meat eatin' liberal beatin' CONSERVATIVE!
feedback (+26/-0)---Team Chaotic Paintball is recruiting!!!---Team Chaotic Paintball.com---IMPORTANT INFO

#3 User is offline   Jaron 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 December 2006 - 02:05 PM

No, no, no. I'm talking about making a handle for the A-5 that has the same shape and feel as a model 1911 .45 pistol. I don't see how it can be made out of wood as it would most likely need to replace the existing composite plastic grip ( the trigger mechanism can be transferred to the new frame. ) The top part that goes around the receiver would be too thin to for the pins to securely hold it. However, if an actual frame could be made to accept different grips, then yes I imagine those could be made of wood.

I don't see this as strictly a mil-sim mod, but as an ergonomic one. A 1911 frame just feels right in my hands and having that same feel in my marker would be greatly appreciated.

This post has been edited by Jaron: 10 December 2006 - 01:42 PM

#4 User is offline   stealthkiller 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Stealthkiller

Posted 09 December 2006 - 03:32 PM

why? :(
new spring kit Ergo Stock/Butt pad Tapco M4 Stock 14" Proto barrel opsgear flatline shroudflatline ricochet hopper spec ops foregrip (slightly cut to fit better) bt carry handel/scope mount red hot power tube tech t vortex mod Double trigger 20oz and 12oz co2 NO EGRIP!!! New Paint on flatline caps. (Unoticeable) Empire gun lube
AND TIPPMANN A5!!!!
PM ME FOR A TRADE OR IF U WANNA BUY IT!!! or got to...
http:// forum.specialopspaintball.com/index.php?showtopic=104263
minus the space between http:// and forum.

#5 User is offline   Jaron 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2006 - 01:26 AM

Ah, why do people get Dye stickies? Because they feel good in your hands. Why do I want a 1911 frame? Because it feels good in my hands.

#6 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 10 December 2006 - 02:08 AM

J&J made one. ANd it cost round $100-150 for it. Only worked with RT. and didnt sell well so they stopped making it. Cost too much to produce, and no one bought it. It was solid aluminum with a blade trigger and could take any 45 grips. I believe the mod 1-I has one.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users