• You cannot reply to this topic

OK I'm adicted Just introducing myself. Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   Malu 

• VSC Phantom Owner
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:AutomagSniper

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:08 AM

:D Lovely A-5! That's my primary marker too! I've built on to mine over the years. I love the H.E. grip. It has a selector switch and full-auto is just heavenly. :tup:

#32 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:31 AM

First of all, congrats on buying used... especially an A-5. Buying used is a great way to save a crap-ton of money over new. Second, I'd say you got a good deal at $100 since it came w/ a CAR stock and upgraded barrel. Most basic used A-5's are going around that price. Please take the time to play w/ it as-is & do not drop your entire next paycheck into "upgrades" for that thing. If you've taken the time to search thru other posts about the A-5 you know that all the money you put into them won't do a whole lot to make them perform better. There's a pretty decent database of A-5 info here on the forums so read up.

In the end, I'd say you did a nice job on purchasing your first marker. But, what have you done about your mask? Many here would agree that the mask purchase is more important than your marker.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#33 User is offline   Tech-D 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:17 AM

View Postger, on May 4 2010, 10:31 AM, said:

In the end, I'd say you did a nice job on purchasing your first marker. But, what have you done about your mask? Many here would agree that the mask purchase is more important than your marker.

Ger:

Yes I agree about the mask. I just picked up one yesterday at my local Army/Navy store. I'm bad, as I forget the name, I was thinking of a VForce Profiler, I wanted to stick with a Mid-Range mask. The one I got at the Army/Navy store was about the same price and seemed the same quality of the Profiler's I've seen, but it was in CAMO which I haven't seen on any other masks I've look at locally.

I did look at a few of the higher end masks at LVP South, but (call me a woosie), I didn't like how they didn't cover my entire face. I took a number of shots on the body last week and even though the stung and left a few bruises I didn't mind them too much. But something about taking one on uncovered facial area just isn't my thing. :tup:

I'm going to take the marker out again and setup some targets in the back yard to get used to the range, and handling in different situations. Standing, crouched, and laying down (which I'm going to have to get used to, since I don't have a remote feed for the bottle). :D

#34 User is offline   Silent-7 

• Christian Paintballer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Silent-7

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:46 AM

Nice buy! That's an excellent starting marker. I agree with the below post however...

View Postger, on May 4 2010, 07:31 AM, said:

Please take the time to play w/ it as-is & do not drop your entire next paycheck into "upgrades" for that thing. If you've taken the time to search thru other posts about the A-5 you know that all the money you put into them won't do a whole lot to make them perform better.

I've put WAY WAY WAY too much money into my A-5. If I had saved it, I could easily have afforded my dream marker (a certain Automag :dry: ) that would shoot so much more nicely, be so much quieter, lighter, etc... But oh well, live and learn! (And if you're smart, learn from my mistakes instead of making them yourself!)

Beyond that even - the gear you use doesn't define you! You could have a marker half as nice as that A-5 and still dominate people on the field. Just play!!!

This post has been edited by Silent-7: 04 May 2010 - 11:47 AM

Posted Image

#35 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:21 PM

Probably a JT mask, Flex 8 comes in camo & I think they have one called an Elite something that's in camo (a friend has one, that's the only reason I remember). JT is a quality company so no worries there.

Running "air-on" & using a stock can be a pain, but some guys prefer it. Definitely play w/ it a couple times like that to see if you'd want a remote, but remember remote means having to purchase a vest to hold the tank. Did the stock backplate for the A-5 come w/ the package? If so, you could remove the stock, put it on & play like that w/ "air-on" to see which way you prefer it. I personally have no stock but still run a remote for my A-5, it's not nearly as stable at high rates of fire but it's much lighter-n-tighter without "air-on" or a stock. I've tried it every way & settled on this configuration for now.
ger

#36 User is offline   Tech-D 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 04 May 2010 - 04:05 PM

View Postger, on May 4 2010, 04:21 PM, said:

Probably a JT mask, Flex 8 comes in camo & I think they have one called an Elite something that's in camo (a friend has one, that's the only reason I remember). JT is a quality company so no worries there.

No actually just checked the manual, it's a Proto Switch, not sure the model either an EL, FS, or HE.

#37 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2010 - 05:11 PM

Hehe, basically the only other camo mask that would likely be available at an Army/Navy & I left it out. The thermocuring on those aren't as nice as the V-Force line, but it'll hold up well enough, as long as you replace the lens every year.
ger

#38 User is offline   Tech-D 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 04 May 2010 - 05:35 PM

View Postger, on May 4 2010, 08:11 PM, said:

Hehe, basically the only other camo mask that would likely be available at an Army/Navy & I left it out. The thermocuring on those aren't as nice as the V-Force line, but it'll hold up well enough, as long as you replace the lens every year.

Thanks for the heads up I'll make sure I do that.

#39 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:27 PM

LOL I just got a used A5 for free. My bro-in-law gave it to me. He's a manager of an oil lube shop and traded services for two of them. And naturally he gave one to me. :P
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#40 User is offline   Tech-D 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:30 PM

View PostI.K.E., on May 4 2010, 09:27 PM, said:

LOL I just got a used A5 for free. My bro-in-law gave it to me. He's a manager of an oil lube shop and traded services for two of them. And naturally he gave one to me. :P

NOW That's a DEAL!!! :tdn:

#41 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:30 PM

View PostI.K.E., on May 4 2010, 09:27 PM, said:

I just got a used A5 for free
I'll give you $20 including shipping. C'mon, your still making money on it :facepalm:.
ger

#42 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:50 AM

View PostTech-D, on May 4 2010, 05:35 PM, said:

View Postger, on May 4 2010, 08:11 PM, said:

Thanks for the heads up I'll make sure I do that.

Did you get the mask new? I don't know this "Army/Navy" store, so I'm almost picturing a Surplus store. Unless the mask is new, I'd consider a new lens for it right away. Besides, it's always nice to have a spare for when you get hit in the lens with some really goopy, nasty paint.

Proto is a good choice. I have a couple friends that have been using theirs for years.

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#43 User is offline   Tech-D 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 05 May 2010 - 12:12 PM

View PostPirate, on May 5 2010, 01:50 PM, said:

Did you get the mask new? I don't know this "Army/Navy" store, so I'm almost picturing a Surplus store. Unless the mask is new, I'd consider a new lens for it right away. Besides, it's always nice to have a spare for when you get hit in the lens with some really goopy, nasty paint.

Proto is a good choice. I have a couple friends that have been using theirs for years.

Thanks Pirate, yes it was new. Had to take the new protective film off of the lens. :tup:

#44 User is offline   chinstrap 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:kl0wn

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:45 AM

View PostTech-D, on May 4 2010, 11:17 AM, said:

View Postger, on May 4 2010, 10:31 AM, said:

Ger:

Yes I agree about the mask. I just picked up one yesterday at my local Army/Navy store. I'm bad, as I forget the name, I was thinking of a VForce Profiler, I wanted to stick with a Mid-Range mask. The one I got at the Army/Navy store was about the same price and seemed the same quality of the Profiler's I've seen, but it was in CAMO which I haven't seen on any other masks I've look at locally.

The Profiler now comes in Multicam-friendly olive and tan. Granted it's not actual "camo" camo, but it blends in pretty well. I picked one up the moment I found out about it and have been 150% satisfied.

Behold:
http://www.ansgear.com/V_Force_Profiler_Li...e-deserttan.htm
Posted Image

#45 User is offline   bigsal39 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:29 PM

that looks like a smart parts linear barrel. i have one for my 98 and i love it.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users