Special Ops Paintball: Buying gun, have money to spend - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Buying gun, have money to spend Looking for excellent accuracy/feel Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   scphantom9195 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:scphantom9195

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:20 AM

Lots of good suggestions in this thread. I myself started out using an A5, I still have it but only use it in the worst of conditions.

I shoot an Ego8 as my primary these days.

My advice is to go out and see how many different paintball guns you and get your hands on and see what you like the best.

I would recommend an electro though. They all have lower operation pressures and therefore you and last longer on a tank fill.

Good luck in your decision.

This post has been edited by scphantom9195: 07 December 2011 - 08:20 AM

"Only the strong survive. The weak are killed and eaten as fingerfood." SDI SSgt Patterson, USMC, Platoon 1077[/b]
My feedback http://forum.special...=1

www.okcompanypaintball.com

#17 User is offline   Benaiah 

• If you dont get it, youre Sofa Kingdom
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Benaiah2320

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:54 AM

View PostShipwreck!, on 06 December 2011 - 11:10 PM, said:

That's right baby! The all out, no holds bared, paintballin' awesome machine you see before you runs almost entirely on props. So keep 'em comin. Listen to Shipwreck indeed!

What? You're recommending an electro?

'C'mon Tool, do you really want your marker to be a delicate toy of a gun that's powered by a 9 volt and is gonna crap out on you every time it drizzles or you do something perfectly reasonable like smash it on some rocks under your full weight when you eat it at a dead run, or drop it in a river? Or do you want an all mechanical badass brick of a gun that's gonna fire every time like an AK, take a beating like a prize fighter, then retire with dignity at the age of 35 with mild yet permanent brain damage and still be able to whoop your ass at 70?

If you really want all those things in a marker, pick up an automag. For you, a tac one.

Initially, i was a little hesitant to suggest one because its a little complicated and theyre not as popular. But after this thread, i think that they would be perfect for you.

Automags are an age-old design, tried and tested, rugged as hell. Theyre fully mechanical ball ripping machines. Ever hear the phrase "Well oiled machine"? that machine is an automag. It gives you the ruggedness and durability of a mechanical marker with the fast shooting maneuverability of an electro. Its honestly your best bet.

Heres a link

This post has been edited by Benaiah: 07 December 2011 - 10:54 AM

2 Samuel 22

#18 User is offline   JaguarShark 

• TOTSUGEKI!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kiriyama9000

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:01 PM

I didn't catch that whole thing about electro's being delicate...

This is 2011...

At the woodsball field I frequent, most of; MOST OF, the players running in the woods are using an electro of some sort.
It could be a tourney gun or on of the BT's.

Tourney and Electro guns work just fine in the woods.

Tippmanns are not bad guns, but they certainly aren't invincible.
Posted Image

#19 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHIPWRECK!

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:21 PM

View PostJaguarShark, on 07 December 2011 - 01:01 PM, said:

Tippmanns are not bad guns, but they certainly aren't invincible.

Nothing is invincible, but anything mechanical is inherently a lot closer than anything electronic. That's just the nature of mechanics vs electronics, physical components made of metals and composits will always be harder to break than circuit boards, and as such anything that doesn't rely on electronics will always be inherently more reliable than anything that does.

So maybe electros are being made rugged enough to handle a little mud/dirt/water here and there, but they'll never be as capable of handling those things as mech markers. Like the examples I mentioned earlier, I doubt any electros would survive being dropped in a river, but I can gurantee most mechs would.
"If they wanna be asinine about this, we'll just be asinine right back."
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#20 User is offline   Benaiah 

• If you dont get it, youre Sofa Kingdom
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Benaiah2320

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:08 PM

Shipwreck:
Your faith in mechanical systems is well placed, but a little overzealous. Just as a short in the right place of an electric circuit can bring the whole thing down, a foreign object in a mechanical system can stop its operation as well. Lubrication, O-ring maintenance, sear tolerances, and pressure balances are a multitude of problems that can arise in mechanical systems. However, you use good sense and a little know how to protect it from failure. The same applies to electrical systems. A properly protected and maintained electrical system can be just as robust as any mechanical system. I will grant you that mechanical systems are more easy to repair and troubleshoot, but that shortcoming is easily overcome by the versatility and size advantage of electrical circuits. Another downfall of electrical systems is their need for power. Mechanical systems can in theory run forever, but in practice there will be a number of maintenance needs prior to failure. In contrast, electrically operated markers have a significant efficiency advantage. You could never claim the 18 pods that Bob Long says you can get from a G6r if you were shooting a blowback. You will need to carry a much larger amount of air to compensate, which will increase your load and lower your maneuverability. In addition, the most popular mechanical system is the blowback, which is relatively inconsistent and inefficient in comparison to the electronic markers of today.

Tool92:
When choosing an electric marker, you sacrifice a slight (and I emphasize slight) loss of reliability in exchange for a smaller, more maneuverable marker. As a 240 gunner, you must appreciate the advantage smaller weapons have in a close quarters engagement. While that advantage is offset by the firepower available to with a 240, in paintball everyone is shooting the same round at the same fire rate and range , so this advantage becomes negligible. If this same situation was true in actual combat, im sure you wouldn't hesitate to take the smallest, lightest, and most maneuverable weapon into combat.

That being said, an Automag is an amazing compromise. You get the reliability of a mechanical system with a dose of the efficiency and a large helping of the consistency of an electronic system. This is why im recommending it for you.
2 Samuel 22

#21 User is offline   voodoo 

• Black Ops Apocalypse Rogue Squad (B.O.A.R.S)
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Voodoo

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:17 AM

Between cyclone issues, inconsistent velocity, overall mass, length and internal moving parts mass, pita maintenance procedure, I put down my x7 (i have had 5 tippys (98s, A5s, X7)...I still have it and have been upgrading internals/cyclone/banjo fittings/lower mass bolt...etc)and picked up my love...an Ego. I had 08 Ego and mistakenly thought that I would prefer something else. I saved up for a while and got an Ego11. This marker is insanely easy to use and shoots ropes and has capped settings for 12-15 bps. You can uncap it and become a minigun, if you can afford the paint, lol. It is very light and easy to rotate in and out of rooms or around structure. I added a lapco with apex2 and the gun is a woodsball terminator.

As said by many others, I still have the tippy for rain days, swamp running or just wanting to carry something that is a better sim for certain games. An all out rugged gun, that eliminates cyclone issues is the 98 line by Tippmann. Great guns and inexpensive as well.

Try out as many other guns as you want/need to find your fit. If the Ego11 is out of your price range, look at the Planet Eclipse ETK3 AM (All Metal) for about 1/2 the price of the Planet Eclipse Ego11 and is essentialy, I believe, an 08/09 Ego with some slight internal differences.

Regards and Get Out and Play!

Good Times!
Posted Image
~XTREME REIGN~B.O.A.R.S

#22 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:30 PM

CQB is a mindset. You can effectively enter and clear rooms using a bigger gun in paintball. The more important factors in CQB Paintball play are keeping your steps quiet, controling your shadows and not ruining your location by premature equipment or body exposure.

We had an indoor facility in our town for a couple years. They had a league night...five man teams and five minute games. Two stories and somewhere around 25 rooms/hallways containing bunkers and kill holes. It was all CQB.

The first league night season I ran my Cyborg or Droid with the tank on the gun and the tip removed from my Matchstik barrel making it 5".
The second season I used my Phantom. Stock 11" barrel and a 13" L Stock. I did find out that a reddot sight is useless in a dark CQB atmosphere. Simply ruins you niht vision and reflects off your lens highlighting your posistion.

Both worked quite well.

I did forget that some of you guys actually use the sights on the Tippmann guns. I found them impractical for anything over 50'. I actully removed them from my M98 quite some time ago.
I aim down the side of the gun body and barrel. Leaves both my eyes open for excelent periphery vision use and allows me to properly see the drop in elevation of the shot.
I hate with a passion those plastic tank butt stocks. All they ever do is interfere with comfortable shouldering of the tank.

As for the recoil...you simply do no understand the difference untill you experience it. The moveing parts in my Clone and Drone weigh less than a pencil. Have you ever set the moving parts of a M98 or A5 on a scale? All that reciprocating mass means recoil And it really does change the accuracy and feel of the gun you use. Most of the heft a Tippmann hass is located in the internals.

Maintenance...by the time you get the screws out and your halves seperated...I have already removed, cleaned, relubed, replaced my drivetrain and put the gun back in its case.
Yeah, I do replace the batteries one or twice a year.
My electronics are sealed...rain is not really a problem...neither is sand. In fact, since all my internals are in sealed operational locations...rain and dirt do not get inside the important bits. And I never let the weather tell me if I can play paintball!

What I have found over the years...is that a good high quility electronic paintball gun truely operates better and more reliably than Tippmann.
I started with Tippman, I upgraded and modded the hell out of my Tippmann and in the end it was still just an entry level gun with no real value to the game other than introducing new players to the sport. And even then I found that a new player far more enjoyed the sport their first time out if they used a high quality electronic gun over a Tippmann.
I also found that I use far less paint per outing with my supergun than I do with a Tippmann. The same is true with a new player, they use less paint on their first day if they are allowed to use a good gun. Why? Simple. Accuracy and performance. Tippmann just cannot match what my highend guns offer.

But that could easily change if this deal with Angle goes through......

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users