Special Ops Paintball: Pads. A necessity? - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pads. A necessity? Rate Topic: -----

Poll: Using pads (57 member(s) have cast votes)

Which knee/elbow pad configuration do you think would be best for sniping?

1. Just knee pads. (17 votes [29.82%])

Percentage of vote: 29.82%

2. Just elbow pads. (3 votes [5.26%])

Percentage of vote: 5.26%

3. Knee AND elbow pads. (22 votes [38.60%])

Percentage of vote: 38.60%

4. No pads. (15 votes [26.32%])

Percentage of vote: 26.32%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Brainshot 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 July 2008 - 01:53 PM

Just curious to see what everyone thinks. Let me know!

#2 User is offline   TheWeepingWillow 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 July 2008 - 01:55 PM

They arn't a neccesity for all but I reccomend buying whatever pads you can afford. Knee pads first then elbow. If you can afford them both, go for it!

#3 User is offline   C9H13NO3 

• Miramar Mafia
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:C9H13NO3

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:34 PM

I can't play without kneepads. I do lots of sliding and playing on my knees though. Protect them...you've only got one set of knees. I've had both meniscuses torn, and I'm not messing around with my knees any more.

#4 User is offline   Woodbender 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Woodbender

Posted 09 July 2008 - 04:17 PM

I generally don't wear the elbow pads unless its a fairly cool day but I use my knee pads all the time. Sliding or even crawling on a woodsball field can get rough on the knees. If I had some elbow pads that were not quite so warm, I would use them constantly too.

This post has been edited by Woodbender: 09 July 2008 - 04:19 PM

#5 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 09 July 2008 - 04:30 PM

Knee pads are recommend to save your knees, especially if you kneel on hard surfaces a lot. I personally don't use any, my pants have double fabric on the knees which helps enough - that and I'm young.

It really an individual opinion though, only you will know though experience what pads you should be using.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#6 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 09 July 2008 - 04:44 PM

I don't use any..but I tend to stand up and play. So far, I haven't needed to spend too much time crouching or low-crawling...I do just as well as the guys I play with without doing all of that. But, I can see myself doing it if I ever go somewhere besides my cow pasture.
The one thing missing on the list is gloves. I started playing with gloves on this year, and that has made all the difference in the world in traveling through brush and so on. I end up with no scratches on my hands, and that feel great. Big Improvement.
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#7 User is offline   Marine Scout Sniper 

• Digitaly Sniping one shot at a time
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:scoutsniper777

Posted 09 July 2008 - 05:03 PM

I use my knees more than anything. Having knee pads buys you the ability to knee on almost anything you want right then right there and not worry about much of anything. I have some cheap knee pads too. 15 bucks from Lowes and I wear them under my camies velcroed in place.

So for me it's knee pads.

Praise and Complaint Dept. (feedback) Digitally Dangerous [Cocker Owner #77] A5 RT Operator

#8 User is offline   Match99 

• Hmph. He tried to take me marker.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 July 2008 - 05:16 PM

I personally dont use pads. But once I get paid friday I might run out and buy a pair of knee pads, since I play woodball and crawl alot.

#9 User is offline   techie 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 09 July 2008 - 05:21 PM

I've never worn elbow or knee pads as I find them to be cumbersome , besides the fact that I really don't need 'em. Don't get me wrong, there's been a few moments when I wish I did have some on. To each his own though, you know?

#10 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 16 July 2008 - 11:56 AM

i own a set of redz knee/shin guards and i wouldnt play a day without them, or gloves. those are the 2 things i would reccomend EVERYONE own and use. for crawling and spending your time on the ground, a set of elbow/forearm pads would probably up the comfort scale by alot. i dont own any, but will be buying some. i also own one of those empire padded shirts and that beast is GREAT for traveling through thick and gnarly bushes... especially the spiky ones. even with my full hammer kit on i can go places most other payers wont because of the added protection. it may seem a little sissified that i have all kinds of padding (headwrap, neck protector, shin/kneepads, gloves, soon forearm/elbow pads, empire padded shirt,) and even a football cowboy pad to protect the back of my neck and shoulders (for my scuba straps), but you gotta remember ive been in multiple gunfights with over 100 players shooting at nothing but ME. slider shorts are a must as well.

if you armor up, you'll be so much more impervious to insects, scratches, welts, and even cold temperatures when it comes fall. so i say the more protection the better. you'll feel like masterchief or something. and who knows, you might be able to make a play you wouldnt have before.
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#11 User is offline   junckie25 

• Junckie25
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Junckie25

Posted 16 July 2008 - 12:21 PM

Pads come in alot of handy and can save you from getting hurt while you are laying on the ground for a long period of time.
Smile.... tomorrow will be worse.

#12 User is offline   Revenant 

• Mobile Strike Sniper
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Reno 07

Posted 16 July 2008 - 12:30 PM

I don't play with pads, the only time I tried it they slipped all over the place and got in the way of my holster, so I don't use pads, though I see a purpose in them of course. I'm just careful about where I put my knees and elbows, so it doesn't matter to me.

#13 User is offline   junckie25 

• Junckie25
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Junckie25

Posted 16 July 2008 - 12:49 PM

View PostRevenant, on Jul 16 2008, 12:30 PM, said:

I don't play with pads, the only time I tried it they slipped all over the place and got in the way of my holster, so I don't use pads, though I see a purpose in them of course. I'm just careful about where I put my knees and elbows, so it doesn't matter to me.

Well then they were probually a size or 2 too big.
Smile.... tomorrow will be worse.

#14 User is offline   South 

• HURR DURRR
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2008 - 01:26 PM

As of now, I just wear elbow pads.
I'm gonna start playing speedball a lot more here soon, so I'll probably end up buying some knee pads eventually.

OA Scenario Productions Kobra Kommand 2 Blue Team MVP

#15 User is offline   Revenant 

• Mobile Strike Sniper
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Reno 07

Posted 16 July 2008 - 04:37 PM

No, my holster is too long for my legs, and I'm looking into getting a new one. In general pads and I just don't mix, so it's not a major problem.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users