• You cannot reply to this topic

Buying a phantom I need your help Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   the hittmann 

• I'm watching you
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:the hittmann

Posted 02 August 2008 - 05:15 PM

I am looking at getting a phantom finally after using t0ast's and other, I think I am ready.

I want to see what you guys opinions are on wht exactly my set up should be.

What I want so far

-vsc
-15rd feedtube
-ghost ring
-rear pressure gauge
-orange and black acid wash ano(unless there is one you guys think is cooler).

So give me your opinions phantom owners.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car..
9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. if you're one of the ones that stays true to proggressive metal/classic rock,put this in your sig.
My favorite mode on a smart parts gun is OFF!!
Save a rock throw an ion.

#2 User is offline   Jobless Elite 

• is made of Win
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2008 - 05:35 PM

The anno is really up to you. We've had multi-page discussions on what we think the best anno is, imo it is either blue/yellow or purple/silver.

The gear you have sounds fine except for one thing, 10 round tubes/ a pack. Cause I don't know about you, but I like being able to reload.

Pump Discussion Thread
Looking for a jungle sunset micromag

#3 User is offline   Jonas 

• Woodsball? Sounds fun.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:H

Posted 02 August 2008 - 05:42 PM

I doubt you'll really need a ghost ring. Think about it, the sight is about two inches up from the barrel, I don't think that's very useful. Other then that, it's pretty good. Nice to see someone going with the O&B anno, should add to the resale value since it's not so common.
Get at least 20 tubes with your purchase, take advantage of the cheap price!

This post has been edited by Jonas: 02 August 2008 - 05:42 PM

Yeah I use an M-16 grip, wanna fight about it?

Best webcomic ever.

#4 User is offline   BAGELS 

• good stuff^
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I3agels

Posted 02 August 2008 - 05:56 PM

I just bought a phantom too. Get it from Wevo. It was great dealing with them. Get a black phantom with Burnt orange acid wash. That would be sick. I went with the new green/black. Green is like my favorite color, and I haven't seen any pictures around with the new green so I wanted to check it out.

Things I got that you should consider
-detents
-stock-I got an L stock
-harness-I went with the pbmafia leg harness

THE INVISI-SIG!
I have no sig, because I am cool like that.
I love my phantom, because it is cool like that....schweet

#5 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 02 August 2008 - 06:11 PM

Definitely be sure to pick up a set of detents with your order. Even if you use large bore paint, you never know when you might have an issue with roll outs.

One other thing you might want to consider is a trigger shoe. It's not really a necessity, but if you don't like the narrow stock trigger it can make a difference. I personally like Palmer's trigger shoes. The CCI ones are a little small, and feeling the edges of them is kind of annoying.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#6 User is offline   Stock Class Phantom 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2008 - 10:28 PM

Piller, you sound like a great guy so don't take any offense to this, but I HATE trigger shoes, they make your trigger really bulky in my opinion. I would recommend using a trigger shoe before buying.

#7 User is offline   xkpxfattyxx 

• Say WHAT?!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2008 - 10:42 PM

Trigger shoe ftw. Get one and detent rings.

#8 User is offline   Wibbit 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 02 August 2008 - 10:56 PM

don't get the ghost ring, its a waste of money. you cant even call it a sight since it has no rear reference point, its a tube with a pin at the front.

do get the trigger shoe so that it is acid wasted when the marker is made, its a small price for something that 20% of the people don't use, personally i think they are a must.

do get some tubes and a ability to carry them onto the field, like the mafia leg harness, though FYI a shotgun shell harness accommodates the tubs and 12grams just as good. i use a 5 round sleeve that i can fit onto my for arm for 12grams.

DO DO DO get some detents, don't even think that you will never need them as you will at some point and if don't have them then your going to kick your self in the butt for not spending that extra $9

as for the butt stock, i would not get it right away and look for a paintball shop or someone at a field with the L or T stocks too see if you like them or not, as in the end you might not care.

in the end save that money on the ghost ring and get these other items, then again at a feild ask someone if you can try there ghost ring but honestly they cause problems not fix them, if you know anything about sighting then you can figure out why.

This post has been edited by Wibbit: 02 August 2008 - 11:00 PM

#9 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 02 August 2008 - 11:20 PM

i woudl highly advise spending the $5 on the trigger shoe. They are sooooo worth it. As to the ghost site, i love mine. Some people don't. Some prefer red dots, others just nothing, they just point and shoot. I can point and shoot fine, but i am a hell of a lot more accurate with a ghost ring. I use some Carbon Fiber ones that Aardvark made. Light weight and works well.

which reminds me, i have two more CF ghost rings coming to me, after i get them i think i will karma one off with another nice prize. Gotta wait for my sales to finish though before i make that official.

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#10 User is offline   the hittmann 

• I'm watching you
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:the hittmann

Posted 03 August 2008 - 07:43 PM

I have about 200 10rd tubes from previous pump guns I have. I will get a 10rd pb mafia harness. But I was just seeing stuff for the actual gun I know everything I will need for pump play. I will def. get a trigger shoe, and will probably get a l stock and ghost ring and if I do not like them I will take it off.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car..
9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. if you're one of the ones that stays true to proggressive metal/classic rock,put this in your sig.
My favorite mode on a smart parts gun is OFF!!
Save a rock throw an ion.

#11 User is offline   xVIPERx 

• Acta Non Verba
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:xVIPERx

Posted 04 August 2008 - 03:20 PM

I dont mean to jump in on your thread Hitman, but where would you buy Detents and how do you install them?
Acta Non Verba-"Actions Not Words"

#12 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 04 August 2008 - 03:34 PM

You can get them from pretty much anyplace that sells phantoms. You can also get them directly from CCI.

You basically just take off the barrel and drop in the correct sized detent for the paint you are using into the breech. There's a little step that it rests on and you screw the barrel back on. They come with instructions so it's pretty easy. The Phantom Owners Group recommends putting your detents on a carabiner so you don't lose them.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#13 User is offline   stevezissu 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:stevezissu

Posted 04 August 2008 - 04:54 PM

get an 11in barrel and buy from krazy8 who is a great guy here on the forums who is a cci dealer

#14 User is offline   Jonas 

• Woodsball? Sounds fun.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:H

Posted 04 August 2008 - 04:58 PM

I just keep my detents in the bag that they came in, and I keep that bag in my gear box. I'd be afraid they'd get smashed while on a karabiner.
Yeah I use an M-16 grip, wanna fight about it?

Best webcomic ever.

#15 User is offline   Wibbit 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 05 August 2008 - 12:30 AM

i went and got a small container for my detents, what i got was one off a rack from a pharmacy that holds one days worth of meds, i think they are perfect since they lock good and tight.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users