• You cannot reply to this topic

Team Roles Its a group effort Rate Topic: ****- 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   wargames 

• Eat, sleep, bleed the paint
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:WARGAMES

Post icon  Posted 15 January 2008 - 03:20 PM

Let's take the positions up a notch and talk about the different team roles that can are distinct to team play.
They deserve recognition.
Flank Team
Suppression or fire Team

These are each elements to the team as a whole. Plus, they can be implemented with out a unified Team base like a public field.
Positions are great, but one man can hold out on this own. Unless its me.

Attached File(s)

I am the Paintball Stig
Do not pain searching for identity, learn to live in your period of history as a human being.
Society accepts tyranny because it fears uncertainty.

#2 User is offline   weeebeep 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:weeebeep

Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:11 PM

center team (uber killer flankers?): (the team of 3+guys that holds down the middle "third" while everyone else flanks.) ive done this before (3 guys, 2 who had markers that didnt break... lol). we all went into that patch of grass in the middle of the field (the one with the overgrown bunkers) and we waited. coincidently the field was cresent shaped so we ended up holding up an entire side of the field. only one of us got any kills, but 4 for 1 for a team is not bad! luckily i wasnt the one who's gun jammed. i wasnt the guy who got 4 kills, but oh well...
-note: i reccomend using center team to flank strong siding opponents. this works well because you are almost always going to be passed by them on one side or the other, thus opening up some killer angles.
-note2: stealth should be a priority for this
-note3: this team/positioning is SERIOUSLY under-rated. give it a try

sniper team (designated marksmen?): 2-3 guys, shooter, spotter, and backup. shooter takes shots at high value targets, while spotter calls out those shots, and both spotter and backup (if you have backup) cover the shooter in the event of a firefight.
-note: there is no such thing as a single sniper... the military has sniper units, which are 2-3 men. however the roles of the sniper team are exactly as follows: shooter, spotter, (backup). there is no sniper role in the team.
-note2: stealth should be the MAIN priority for this group. a spotted shooter is a dead (eliminated?) shooter.

entry team (from actual military training): exactly 4 guys. guys 1, 2, 3, and 4. guy1 watches forward, guy2 watches out, guy3 watches the roof, guy4 watches back. guys should be parallel to a wall right next to a door. to enter a building/door...
(0)optional: guy 4 throws a grenade into the room (warning: alerts opfor your coming)
(1)guy 1 pushes (or taps) guy behind him, guy 2 repeats, guy 3 repeats, guy 4 pushes guy in front of him, guy 3 repeats, guy 2 repeats, guy 1 enters the building. (this is to clean up delay time between separate entrys.) (should enter as a stack)
(2)uppon entry guy1 moves to furthest left corner and pwns anyone he sees, guy 2 moves to furthest right corner and pwns anybody he sees, guy3 moves in and to the left and pwns anybody he sees, and guy 4 moves in and to the right and pwns anyone he sees.
(3)continue to search possible hiding spots. (your room is now clear and secure)
-note: guy1 and 2 have the best possible weapons for urban combat, (m-4/ion/a5). guy3 is the hammer, (saw/doubleT/cyborg). guy 4 has the most useless weapon for an urban environment, (bazooka/sniper setup/grenade launcher). -subnote: this is due to the order of entry, and the fact that S.A.W.s are quite large and clumzy for an urban environment. -subnote2: feel free to mess with the order as you like, as paintball and real warefare are quite different.
-note2: it is ABSOLUTLEY IMPARATIVE that stealth is maintained untill entry/grenade throwing. this is because your likely to be taken out if theirs guys in there and the element of surprize is your best allie(sp), even more so than your buddy with the doubleT (seriously!).
-note3: all members of said team should know the tactic known as slicing the pie (incase other members are down). during this tactic you simply walk 4 or so feet away from the wall from side one too side 2 of the door while looking & AIMING inside it. this is a good way to clear 75% of a room without entering it. -subnote: when done correctly the shooting lanes gained while passing should ray out in little triangles from the location of the door. this is where the tactic gets the name slicing the pie.

hope that is what you were looking for.... sorry entry team is so long. its cuz everyone is so much more familiar with the other types of teams. (another mildly passionate post from weeebeep)

#3 User is offline   Chaos 

• RagTag Renegade
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Chaos

Posted 15 January 2008 - 09:20 PM

My team, when we get bored, has a habbit of splitting up and infiltrating the other team as spys and causing general havok.....

That count for anything? lol

#4 User is offline   wargames 

• PipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 16 January 2008 - 04:48 PM

beep hit the nail on the head. then put the nail right through the board.
I've never sent one 'sniper' out to flank or one 'dagger' to take out someone. The idea of personal roles is taken way out of context. The center team is what I'm talking about. We have a fire team, a flank team, and a kill team. The kill guys are basically snipers for wide flanking and counter flanks. If the flankers are discovered the killers flank further.

The fire team suppresses bad shooters and flankers move. its like clock work. Me and another friend are the only ones that move alone. and thats just so we can see whats going on. Teams of two or three are always better than one.

As for Chaos, anything to TINKLE the other team off is my saying. We have a guy that manages to walk all the way behind the other team. He does it all the time and i don't know how. He always gets two or three people right in the back and then gets lit-up. Anything to TINKLE them off.

Teams and squads are were its at. on one man armies. again, unless its me.
heres a pic of the sneak b.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by wargames: 16 January 2008 - 04:48 PM

I am the Paintball Stig
Do not pain searching for identity, learn to live in your period of history as a human being.

#5 User is offline   weeebeep 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:weeebeep

Posted 17 January 2008 - 06:31 PM

i dont recall ever saying anything in my "center team" post about sending one sniper out to flank or anything about sendin one dagger to take out someone. as a matter of fact i never even mentioned a dagger in my section about center teams. also, i never said "go flank". i said something more passive. i said... "they will almost always pass you on one side or the other." and you should've connected a to b and found out that i meant they would essentialy flank themselves by moving too far up the tape and not checking their flanks for ambush parties.

also the specific day at the field i talked about there was more of a good defence, as that day, they walked right into my buddy who pwned them all. i was simply making a point about holding up the center of the field.

ie: in speedball, you dont send your guy down the snake without guys in the center 40-50 to help them out. also, nobody just charges up the snake without their buddies covering them in the center. do you know why? because they will flank themselves! you get my point i know you do. and i dont wanna hear any crap about how inflatables are different from trees... i know that already! (not tryin to flame.... just being passionate) (i yell at ppl all the time at the field. cept theirs no swear filter to dive into, so i dont swear) (dont start feeling special just because your on the internet...)

and so the entire post of mine wasnt just one big giant spamming fireball, heres something of mine from another topic this guy started.

erm... thanks for reposting my poo! you did good! also thanks for telling me of the new thread.

time for more discussions on teams... (so i dont feel stupid for the short post)

urban team (entry team on steroids!):
an elite team trained in the same way as an entry team, except to a more extreeme degree. the difference is that an urban team has to deal with long narrow hallways (kinda like running the gauntlet), and firefights in a place that seems as small as a closet (try that with a 21" barrel). the urban team does not have one marker that is no-good in an urban environment. and unlike strict woodsball, accuracy is not the main factor determining who wins and who looses, its pure & simple rate of fire. also an urban team would want to go to the shortest possible barrel/marker combination, as it makes it much easier to fight in a broom closet. while other teams go for the 14" freak kit, this team thinks of that as stupid, and a waste of money. instead, the urban team will be more than happy to saw off a stock barrel to 3-8 inches in leignth. if a urban player truly wishes to buy a new barrel, he buys a short one.
-note: i reccomend using your stock barrel (& a hacksaw) for this setup. it is also quite true that in an urban environment, its VERY nice to be quiet. run for a surpressed barrel (despite the extra leignth) as opposed to a 250$ stiffi.
-note2: grenades (of all types) are the urban ballers FRIEND! if you dont like spending 5$ a peice for your 'nades, spend 1$ on a smoke instead (feild permitting). and dont forget to get liberal on your paint/grenade budget. -subnote: but, if you have a full case and 6 'nades from last time you played, good for you you saved some money! -subnote2: use all of your cheap paint, no matter how deformed it gets (within reason).
-note3: for BOINK's sake use hand signals!

looking for this one scenario position i saw that made a better team then individual, copying and pasting soon.

edit-
origional idea, from P V -

Shock trooper thread on the shock trooper: http://forum.special...howtopic=126666
it's like a seek and destroy broadsword/sniper with an electro .. just read through the thread

my responce -

i personaly like the shocktrooper variant.... it makes sence. he coveres the two wide ends of the spectrum (accurate & stealthy meets fast-shooting and bulky) but doesnt cover the middle ground that a sabre would need. ie commander, dagger. i wouldnt call it a hybrid however as shocktroopers were called stormtroopers in WWI. they practiced something known as blitzkrieg.

would be fun... all of a sudden 2 sneaky sons of canines with lack of y chromosome sneak up behind enemy lines and unleash the firepower of 5 with uncanny accuracy! think doubleT with a freak kit, stock, and red-dot scope.

themesong: dragonforce, through the fire and flames... search it, youll know why it fits so well.

also this would be a nice force for synergy with the tanks. i mean.... get something thats hard to get out behind enemy lines, then unleash a full blown assault!

translation (uber paint throwing money spenders?):
a team of 2-4 guys, each with a bulging gearkit that lacks nothing in accuracy or firepower ride on the back of a tank deep into enemy teritory and rip apart their opponents with supirior stealth (ghille), tacticts (not hard to do in paintball), and weapons (those freaked doubleT's). there job is to make themselves seem like more men (or a bigger problem) than they actualy are. they take men from the frontlines and almost pave the way for the main force (8-20 guys) kinda like paratroopers of WWII. the gearkit is the complete oposite side of the spectrum from urban warriors. instead of light weight markers and super short barrels, they would use grenade launchers on heavy "machine guns". all kinds of heavy weapons would be in the mix to tear down the enemy... rockets, mortars, you name it! in a co-operation with the urban warriors (and all conventional troops), they would hold down the outskirts of a city (mass of paintbunkers designed to look like buildings). they would rain paint on all who crossed their path. they would be a squad of sheer terror on the field. they would never go without respect.
-note: the reason i said stormtroopers is because stormtroopers would mass up suplies in secret right by the enemy lines then push with all their might right through the heart of the enemy, the objective is to create a line of resistance behind the enemy, kill them off, and advance frendly lines.
-note2: stealth seems to be an acessory to these guys. they hide in the shadows, but when the poo hits the fan, nobody can stand in their way. theyre accurate to the point of insanity, and shoot without a moments hesitation. they will pwn the individual player in a matter of 15 seconds or less. as masters of movement they always have angles on you, even when they dont know your their. they seem widely placed to you as you line up your scope, but you fail to see the one behind you, preparing to call for a surrender... a silent kill.
-note3: dont be afraid to use the grapeshot! (especialy if you run into these guys).

those are the two most effective positions i can think of that kinda break tradition like that... theres more good positions out there, some that never got any good credit. why? because ppl smack them down without even knowing what its all about. seriously, try it or dont smack it down... (btw i know the urban guys work... ive seen it all the time. something called S.W.A.T. i simply aplied what ive learned from my dad's swat-team/police officer friend to paintball.)

This post has been edited by weeebeep: 17 January 2008 - 06:33 PM

#6 User is offline   wargames 

• PipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2008 - 07:04 AM

:laugh: Beep, NO, no, no. You didn't say that. I'm saying your right.
SO and a lot of the members think a position is the answer to every thing.
I was saying that You didn't talk up those positions and your right.
And here's something on the entry tacs. CQB stuff.

http://cqb-team.com/

good stuff. And you've seen my A-5 shorty. thats cqb

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by wargames: 18 January 2008 - 03:14 PM

I am the Paintball Stig

#7 User is offline   wargames 

• PipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2008 - 03:09 PM

As for the storm/shock troops, Sounds mad as hell sign me up. The link to the thread wouldn't work but I think I got the picture. :panzer:
The idea of panic and fighting behind u hits that intimidation nerve that I think is very important in the sport.
Everything but the tanks. The 'tank behind enemy lines' defeats the purpose of having a 'human tank' in the back. Unless that's what u were getting at.

Overall it sounds like a 2 to 4 man assault on PCP. I love it. I have to find that thread.
Here's a possible name for the positions. CRASH TEAM. More original. It would be a suicide mission but that's what people love about PB. :D

I don't think accuracy would be as big of an issue as firepower. A navy man once told my that "he with the most firepower wins."(Mr. Gramm)

Now let me bring the 'stormtrooper' into reality. 1. To be effective, the field would have to be large enough to allow for that kind of maneuvering.

2. The 'front' line would have to move quickly to capitalize on the opportunity. Like the British paratroopers of WWII in Op Market Garden.
The troopers could be cutoff quickly and get knocked off before the frontline brake through.
(This isn't a factor if the 'stormtroopers/crash team' have the firepower you say they have.)
3.The last factor is enemy ambushes and counter flanks that are not know to the 'stormies'

If a section of field is know to be prime for this type of attack and players don't expect any movement there, I'd say do it.
This has potential. I might try something like this. After all, you want the other team to react to you. Not vice-verca.
Good research though. I still like Crash Team. Now what's another position that could be team oriented.

(McCain '08) PS: I found this crazy pic of the firepower you want.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by wargames: 18 January 2008 - 03:10 PM

I am the Paintball Stig

#8 User is offline   Flip 

• Liaison/Demolitions Team 10th Mountain
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Flip

Posted 20 January 2008 - 06:46 PM

This is (RP) Scenario right? Sorry if I'm off-base here but this is Scenario Positions right?

Most my guys have the roles down so I won't go there.

As far as "who does what" we go with a few point-men and are quite fluid from behind there out? We really don't have the man power (30+ members all working together) so it comes down to contact/cover/opportunity?

We are normally slated as a MRT (Mission Running Team) mostly due to experiance. :evil:

Since I am normally Demo (and Old lol) I prefer to carry the mission card and have AT LEAST 2 others designated to grab the card from me if I get hit. Normally it's the Engineer or a grunt, but all depends on the mission. Otherwise ALL members (we normally have to bolster our ranks with non-team members) know that if I'm standing there like an idiot - come get the darn card! :dry: If it's a Demo mission I prefer to keep the card unless there's a back-up Demo... then I do the suicide and hope if I don't make it I've taken enough out that they do.

I prefer to have my tourney guys as point-men but you have to make sure they turn thier "tourney mode" off. As a MRT we DON'T want contact - we try and move around fire-fights to complete the mission as opposed to get bogged down and run out of time.

One huge thing missed by some is an "RTO" - somebody in contact with both the command staff and team at the same time. I seem to have the "knack" at this ( I don't mind the ear-bud crackling most the game) so I normally keep on the comm with command.

I like to see my Pilot (with fuel card) and Engineer back in the middle of the push with me so we can take advantage of any downed or landed Helo's - they are a life-saver and a huge bonus to your General.

This post has been edited by Flip: 20 January 2008 - 07:18 PM

Flip
Liaison/Demolitions
Team 10th Mountain

#9 User is offline   wargames 

• PipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2008 - 02:14 PM

I agree one hundred percent with the 'tourney guys' up front. Running the mission oriented positions right on command when you need them sounds nice. Nice and ordered, and no one arguing.
"Smooth Operators"
I am the Paintball Stig

#10 User is offline   wargames 

• PipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2008 - 03:18 PM

:question: Anymore ideas for team ROLES/POSITIONS? ex: fire teams, specialty teams, team full of crazy people to charge the other guys, etc....
I am the Paintball Stig

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users