Special Ops Paintball: sewing some stock class items. - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

sewing some stock class items. fabric choices.

#1 User is offline   jderrill 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:YM_BALLERS

Posted 24 November 2009 - 07:50 PM

Hey i want to sew some stock class packs and wrist staps and such, and i was wondering what fabric i should use. Someone recommended this Fabric

Is that good? what is the difference between 1000 denier and 500 denier? Thanks for the help.
red proto slg -14inch dye ul barrel -crossfire 70/45
silver tippmann 98c -double finger trigger -collapsible stock - brass eagle red dot site -jderrill custom drop forward
cam jt tac-5 recon -10 inch striker barrel - jderrill custom hopper elbow -scope -jderrill custom drop forward

#2 User is offline   esperto96 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:esperto96

Posted 25 November 2009 - 06:02 AM

View Postjderrill, on Nov 24 2009, 07:50 PM, said:

Hey i want to sew some stock class packs and wrist staps and such, and i was wondering what fabric i should use. Someone recommended this Fabric

Is that good? what is the difference between 1000 denier and 500 denier? Thanks for the help.

1000 denier is a heavier weight/sturdier fabric than 500 denier. The term measures the size of the thread and density of the weave for the fabric. 500 denier will probably be sufficient for your needs if it is for basic stock class stuff. If your afraid of potential wear and tear or really want it to last a long time, go with the 1000 denier. The abrasion resistance is higher at 1000 denier and it is the weight often used in soft goods for police/military use.

If you do go 500 denier, you could double layer the fabric when sewing to increase strength (but then your using even more fabric).

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users