Dangerous power ideas

#16 User is offline   French 

• Group:Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:QC MAD KID

Posted 22 June 2008 - 10:41 PM

View PostPaintsoilder, on Jun 22 2008, 12:05 PM, said:

You can find 68/45s for between $130 and $200 brand new. But, I'm sure you can find them cheaper used. BTW, just an FYI if you go cheap and get an eggy for your hopper, it won't ft in the fusion's feedneck easily, you'llhaveto use tape to secure it.

nope just tighten the hex screw
INFLUENCE 09 Vaughan Vipers RXL 2k10
WARNING HEAVY METAL click me /Here my feedback
Tdot feedback Group banned# 13 MCB feedback

#17 User is offline   Paintsoldier 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 June 2008 - 07:33 PM

You can't get it tight enough to grip the feedneck well. Mine was sanded down a little, but I couldn't get it tight enough and still be able to clamp down the lever.

This post has been edited by Paintsoilder: 25 June 2008 - 07:34 PM

a.k.a. old_school_player (techpb), paintsoldier (MCB), paintsoldier8 (PbN)

#18 User is offline   M.O.P. 

• Group: Penquin Mafia ....... no you can't join.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 July 2008 - 07:26 PM

wen u say eggy do u mean that funky one that has the tube way up front
................ Flippy the Wonder Bunny, Ace and MaDuce like ducks with a passion. My color is white. Morrowind addict.

#19 User is offline   Paintsoldier 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 July 2008 - 07:31 PM

Yes. There is the eggy 2 nd 3 btw.

#20 User is offline   M.O.P. 

• Group: Penquin Mafia ....... no you can't join.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:01 AM

well ive decided on the fusion f7 (for price and looks) any experience with it any bad things i shuld know about
................ Flippy the Wonder Bunny, Ace and MaDuce like ducks with a passion. My color is white. Morrowind addict.

#21 User is offline   Paintsoldier 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:12 PM

Yeah, I've heard of probs with the LPR. Mine was fine from the factory, but your local shop may have messed with it. Also, DP is reflashing boards for free I belive for the new PSP limits. Um...oh, CRAZY bounce of the trigger if not set right. It's no RT, but you can definatly sweet spot it...Um...Um... I guess the raps can be hard to de-gass. Other than that, not much. Enjoy your new marker and shoot some faces!

P.S. I know this is unrelated, but, I may pick up an Ego 05 soon... :D

#22 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 13 July 2008 - 08:30 PM

i own an F8 and i adore it. DP has some of the best customer service out there, and their products are freakin great quality!!! i slapped a magna hopper on it, and added my tank, and it shot 25 bps out the box with no prolems whatsoever. i was able to shoot my own balls in midair. needless to say the sound caught alot of attention as well.

i love having a hand held buzz saw. ;)

but honestly i would go with the f8. its supremely simple, efficient, very hands off, and the instruction manual is about as easy to read as a billboard.

10/10
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#23 User is offline   Paintsoldier 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2008 - 09:28 PM

I have a friend who's getting his F8 this week. BTW if you get a Fusion F7, you can jsut remove the gauge and plug it without teflon tape or loctite becuz there's an oring behind the gauge. Haha, the only reason I know this is becuz I stripped the gauge threads and had to plug it but, it's much more comphy now.

#24 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2008 - 10:11 PM

View PostIron__Man, on Jul 13 2008, 11:30 PM, said:

i own an F8 and i adore it. DP has some of the best customer service out there, and their products are freakin great quality!!! i slapped a magna hopper on it, and added my tank, and it shot 25 bps out the box with no prolems whatsoever. i was able to shoot my own balls in midair. needless to say the sound caught alot of attention as well.

i love having a hand held buzz saw. :rolleyes:

but honestly i would go with the f8. its supremely simple, efficient, very hands off, and the instruction manual is about as easy to read as a billboard.

10/10

I think the hitting your own balls in mid air is more of a bad thing (though when are you ever going to, or need to, shoot 25 bps? Its not really a problem or anything), it just means that you're shooting too fast for your reg to properly recharge, so you lose consistency, and some balls move slower, making them get hit by the faster balls in mid air.

This post has been edited by d4rkmonkey: 13 July 2008 - 10:11 PM

Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

#25 User is offline   Panzer1992 

• Rugby Guy
  • Pip

Posted 13 July 2008 - 10:29 PM

I own a Fusion F7 and I love it, it's light and fast and I like the way it feels. However my reg was all over the place when I got it, even after I cleaned it, so you may want to consider getting a new one. Also I saw a post about the gauge being uncomfortable but you can move it if you take the reg off the gun. Then you look inside where the reg screws in (vertical ASA) and you will see a screw that you can loosen with an allen key. Loosen it and you can remove or rotate your vert. ASA, then just tighten it back up and put your reg back on.

#26 User is offline   Paintsoldier 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 July 2008 - 01:22 PM

View Postd4rkmonkey, on Jul 13 2008, 11:11 PM, said:

View PostIron__Man, on Jul 13 2008, 11:30 PM, said:

i love having a hand held buzz saw. :D

10/10

I think the hitting your own balls in mid air is more of a bad thing (though when are you ever going to, or need to, shoot 25 bps? Its not really a problem or anything), it just means that you're shooting too fast for your reg to properly recharge, so you lose consistency, and some balls move slower, making them get hit by the faster balls in mid air.

This is the guy who wanted to make a full suit of body supports so he coud use 8 A5s and carry a giant scuba tank. lol :D

As for a new reg, you have to put a few cases through just about any highend to break in the reg. So, don't just go off and buy a new one, spend the money on paint.
EDIT: Yes, I know you can move the gauge but, I just took it off and I like it better that way. The gauge only shows you the input pressure and as long as you're not messing around with the LPR you'll be find. And you can adjust the LPR anyway.

This post has been edited by Paintsoldier: 15 July 2008 - 03:05 PM

#27 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 July 2008 - 10:22 PM

^^^ and i still plan to.. someday. besides, i ALREADY wear 2 scuba tanks. :P

but no, it was a good thing. i aimed up, shot, then ramped and utterly destroyed my own paintballs in mid air. (it was gnarly. i have witnesses.)
of course you cant use 25 bps field legally, i just like being able to do it. lol. besides, i have an unnatural obsession with firepower.

but for all intents and purposes, the f8 is one of the best designed and built markers i have had the privelige of playing with, and would reccomend it to everyone. the low maintenance, ease of changing modes (that alone sold it in my eyes), and the accuracy are incredible, for half the price of an ego... which ive said before, most people mistake my f8 for.

#28 User is offline   Jonas 

• Woodsball? Sounds fun.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:H

Posted 14 July 2008 - 10:29 PM

You have too much money ironman, or at least you did until you bought all your paintball stuff :P
Yeah I use an M-16 grip, wanna fight about it?

Best webcomic ever.

#29 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 July 2008 - 10:53 PM

HAHAHAHA!! the truth is sad.

:D

#30 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 July 2008 - 11:10 PM

View PostIron__Man, on Jul 15 2008, 01:22 AM, said:

^^^ and i still plan to.. someday. besides, i ALREADY wear 2 scuba tanks. :D

but no, it was a good thing. i aimed up, shot, then ramped and utterly destroyed my own paintballs in mid air. (it was gnarly. i have witnesses.)
of course you cant use 25 bps field legally, i just like being able to do it. lol. besides, i have an unnatural obsession with firepower.

but for all intents and purposes, the f8 is one of the best designed and built markers i have had the privelige of playing with, and would reccomend it to everyone. the low maintenance, ease of changing modes (that alone sold it in my eyes), and the accuracy are incredible, for half the price of an ego... which ive said before, most people mistake my f8 for.

Again its not a good thing... If you gun had time to recharge, balls would not collide in mid air. You're shooting fast for your reg (either tank reg or gun reg) to recharge, it doesn't mean its extremely accurate or anything...

How is the f8 easier to change modes? You have to open up the grips, and flick a couple switches. If anything thats harder. I just wish that the two buttons on the back were to change modes, not just turn it on and turn eyes on/off.

Whoever mistakes your F8 for an ego is fairly dumb, they look completely different. Its probably people who think all poppets are egos...

Just curious, but with your obsession with firepower, how many balls do you go through on an average day?
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users