GunCam

#2 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:56 PM

Those have been out for a little while.
I'm looking at that or the Contour Roam for next season.

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#3 User is offline   paintman2151 

• COMMAND SERGENT
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:48 PM

I don't like any camera that is attached to a gun because of the choppy footage. The intense movement of the gun, typically outmanuvers the frames per second of any camera you mount to it, making the person watching the video feel intensely confused if they can keep up with it. If you can attach the camera to your mask, im sold.
Check out my D-Day Scenario Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw31DMkJWl4...re=channel_page

^^^^WATCH THE VIDEO^^^^

#4 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:44 AM

Pretty much every camera out there worth buying comes with multiple attachments. I know Contour, Tachyon, and Drift all package their cameras with strap mounts.
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#5 User is offline   FreeEnterprise 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:04 AM

View Postpaintman2151, on 15 November 2011 - 04:48 PM, said:

I don't like any camera that is attached to a gun because of the choppy footage. The intense movement of the gun, typically outmanuvers the frames per second of any camera you mount to it, making the person watching the video feel intensely confused if they can keep up with it. If you can attach the camera to your mask, im sold.

It totally depends on the "camera guy"...

A good cameraman, knows how to play AND get good footage from a gun cam, usually it is better than a helmet cam as it is easier for the viewer to "follow the shot" as the paint flies, if it is set up correctly. I also use a camera with tons of image stabilization, and ZOOM, so you can SEE what is happening... Action cams can't do what my camera can do. Plus it is in 1080HD with 5.1 surround sound!

But, like anything, it isn't easy. Subscribe to my channel, I don't put "garbage" footage on youtube. I only put up stuff that makes YOU feel like YOU are playing...

youtube.com/trailsofdoom

Here is a video I put up two weeks ago, almost 800 views already. (good way to tell if someone puts out good footage, they have lots of views on their "new" stuff)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users