• You cannot reply to this topic

cant get on my brigade page admin help plz. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 16 March 2011 - 03:15 PM

hey i cant seem to access my brigade page at all. i played and wanted to add the info to my log, but no matter what link i click it wont go to it. did the brigade pages get wiped or something?

admins, feel free to delete thread after response. i didnt know exactly where to put it.
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#2 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 March 2011 - 09:29 PM

Yeah, it's been down for a couple days I think. I saw someone else make a post about it but can't find it.

Keep in mind that the mods here nor MO really have much to do w/ the Brigade, it's still in the hands of the original SO owners. The guys here may have some insight but I don't believe they have much control. Although, I seem to recall that the last time it went down it was because of Slinky resetting/switching the forums over, so maybe he's messing w/ the Brigade guys again :D.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#3 User is offline   Crucified Paintballer 

• Member Title Goes Here!
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Krusifyd

Posted 17 March 2011 - 03:57 AM

Wazzup guys! Same problem here. I've been trying to access the brigade, to no avail, for almost 2 weeks now. I got in touch with one of the admins recently & this was my email to them:

Hey there, Just wondering if SpecOps is planning to inform their members of the future of the brigade site, honestly i'm surprised that not much attention or concern has been shown about the brigade site, it's current status and its future. I know there have been many issues with the brigade site, currently I've been trying to get on the site for the last 5 days to no avail. I have recently used the brigade tools to help manage a fast growing attraction to the sport here locally by recruiting many interested players, educating them on how to use the brigade system & pretty much using the system for all around individual & team management. Please , if there is any info that you can pass along about the current & future plans of the brigade site; it would be greatly appreciated. again, it is unfortunate that not much information has been asked about or given on this matter. The brigade "is" a wonderful tool if used properly, I just really hope that it will not be neglected or at worst, be done with. I thank you much for your time & patience. ..

***This was the response:

We don't own the brigade. We have hosted it on our server in the past. Recently it looks like the server it was on is no longer available. Today I left a note with MOATI (SO owner) to look into this.

***And my response to that:

Thank you for such a prompt response, I greatly appreciate it. I guess my next question of caution or concern would be... since it is not technically owned by SpecOps, what will happen if the SpecOps Brigade is completely done away with by the hands of the owners? Will there be a proprietary replacement for the Brigade system? Can there be? Would SpecOps even consider or be interested in continuing some kind of management site, program or software that functions in the same manner that the Brigade does (game locators, recruiting, individual & team management, ect.) for their members? I know these are a lot of questions but, please understand that I see the potential & dependancy for such a system so much greater than most people do. To an extent, I feel that the system, even in its current state with glitches & all, has not reached the full potential of what it can do for the sport & in how it can operate for the benefit of the sport & the players. I have yet to find such a great resource tool. If you know of any other kind or type of management system out there, please let me know, although I must say that I would hate it if it was not tied-in to SpecOps directly in some way or another since SpecOps "is" our headquarters. It would be great if SpecOps can & would continue something like this considering the potential for such a system when implemented and utilized properly. I do understand that you might have to pass this along to get the answers to these questions, so I will be patiently waiting for any info you can give me concerning this matter. Once again, thank you for your time & patience............... "Krusifyd-Out"

*** I have not received a response from that one yet, I was actually wanting to take a poll to see how many of us members properly use & depend on the brigade. According to the lack of posts concerning the present condition & absence of the brigade, I't seems that interest in the brigade is very small, which is something I don't understand. For those of us that realize the potential of such a tool, it becomes a shame to know that the brigade and the tools that it offers might not be around anymore & what is even scarier is the thought that SpecOps might not replace it with their own type of an online paintball management system. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, hopefully MOATI & the guys will realise that there are some of us out here that definately benefit from the use of the brigade.
Sgt. Colón
aka: Krusifyd
Brigade ID#: 159714
Squad Commander
Team: Triumph
Alpha-1 Squad

#4 User is offline   oldhunter 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:smoke guarde

Posted 17 March 2011 - 07:23 AM

I first came to the Forms and to Special Ops becase of the Brigade. If it is gone thean mabye it is pontless to hang around this form or the sight. when i first did come there were freebees there. sadily i never had a chance to take advantege of them. :(

Oh if you guys do get control of it take of those bloody advertisments thay are anyoing. :eck:

I will keep this going until the Brigade is back up. And under control or a resblince of control.

This post has been edited by oldhunter: 17 March 2011 - 07:26 AM

repugno nex est morior inritus

#5 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 March 2011 - 07:33 AM

I certainly don't use the Brigade as extensively as you & your team seem to. I mostly use the game log to track my days of play, always noting how the game went & how I played... I could easily use my Outlook Calender or Notes to log those days if I had to. Beyond that, I don't see the real need for listing all my equipment & racking up points, I still do (sort-of) but the advantages of that part of the Brigade went away a long time ago & if I lost it I wouldn't be disappointed. As for the Game Locator, the Regional Brigade sub-forums are already used for that, I'd like to see it used more for all the smaller outlaw games that happen - that would increase traffic in those areas of the forums & they may get bigger draws at those games (if that's the desire).

If it went away I wouldn't die. There are a myriad of tools that can replace it, although not in a nice neat little package like the Brigade is. I'm not saying it should go away, in fact if people like yourself are using it effectively then I hope it stays around for as long as possible, or is replaced here w/ something similar.

EDIT: @oldhunter - "pointless to hang around"? Is the Brigade the only good part about Special Ops in your opinion? I see the Brigade as just one part of a much larger community. Special Ops Paintball encompasses a large number of smaller areas: forums, store, Recon, YouTube Channel - plus the forum has Catshack & Tyger keeping us informed & entertained (in no particular order). My point is, SO is a big world... spread your wings a little.

This post has been edited by ger: 17 March 2011 - 07:47 AM

ger

#6 User is offline   1-I 

• Creator of the number 7
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:1-I

Posted 17 March 2011 - 07:57 AM

Kinda hoped it wouldnt have taken so long but heres the heads up.

Pirats off Africas east coast have hijacked the brigade and while SpecOps doesnt have a set policy of non-negotiating the pirates demands are far to unreasonable. So we have issued Puzuma a cast iron spork and he is currently dogpaddling across the Atlantic in a rescue mission.

or

The server that housed the brigade is down and we are trying to transfer it, (This happend two days ago as Im told)

or

WE DEMAND PAYMENT FOR THE PRIVILAGE OF THE BRIGADE, send all you used toenail clippings to the new address to gain access, please note that unused toenail clippings will be returned at senders cost.

please dont honestly believe the third one.

This post has been edited by 1-I: 17 March 2011 - 07:58 AM

Posted Image

Glory is for the weak.

#7 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:01 AM

Haha. MO opening a box next week & going "What the... that's the forth one this week?!?!?"
ger

#8 Guest_MOATI_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:56 AM

View Post1-I, on 17 March 2011 - 08:57 AM, said:

or

WE DEMAND PAYMENT FOR THE PRIVILAGE OF THE BRIGADE, send all you used toenail clippings to the new address to gain access, please note that unused toenail clippings will be returned at senders cost.

If that happens, I'll track you down!

Here's the full deal on the Brigade.

Back in October of 2009, when Tiger Stripe (the original owners of Spec Ops) went out of business, the Brigade stayed in the hands of the old owners. They basically had other applications for the software that they were excited about and didn't want to sell it. In July of 2010 when I bought the brand from the original owners, they were still not willing to include the Brigade.

I haven't given up working something out with them but we need to finish up on some other issues before we can really tackle the Brigade question. I can tell you that we have discussed contingency plans that include an entirely different system that will accomplish many of the same things as the Brigade.

#9 User is offline   chinstrap 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:kl0wn

Posted 17 March 2011 - 06:18 PM

View Post1-I, on 17 March 2011 - 10:57 AM, said:

The server that housed the brigade is down and we are trying to transfer it, (This happend two days ago as Im told)

Wait...someone still has actual physical servers somewhere?

And even stranger still:

View Post1-I, on 17 March 2011 - 10:57 AM, said:

How would one go about telling used toenail clippings from unused toenail clippings?
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   1-I 

• Creator of the number 7
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:1-I

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:50 PM

How would one go about telling used toenail clippings from unused toenail clippings?

You see thats whats wrong with todays instant gratification and disposable society, no one has any appreciation of the work or process that goes into things. We just buy the new cheap junk and if it gets a ding or just looses its shine we toss it aside and get the 'new' replacement of it. No concept of ownership, no pride in the work it took to make it just casuall ignorance to the world around you, God Im only 30 and ranting like an old man. I remember when we didnt have these little phones in our pockets, when solar calculater could be used to spell 'hello' or 'boob' and we would laugh at them, but today is viral this and youtube that and after a week no one remembers the previous 'greatest thing ever' How have we lost touch, the idea that you actually hold on to something and reflect on your actual memories of it and get that emotional attachment over your precious blood sweet and tears.

Im done ranting now

Unused clippings havent been turned to jelly from the processing.
Posted Image

Glory is for the weak.

#11 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:26 AM

That was beautiful man.

I haven't lost touch...
Posted Image
ger

#12 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 19 March 2011 - 01:45 PM

Pirats off Africas east coast have hijacked the brigade and while SpecOps doesnt have a set policy of non-negotiating the pirates demands are far to unreasonable. So we have issued Puzuma a cast iron spork and he is currently dogpaddling across the Atlantic in a rescue mission.

Eleventy-four Billion Yen is hardly "unreasonable".
Or is it the fact I want it hand delivered in leather briefcases by Scarlett Johansson?

Honestly, I haven't used the Brigade in probably 5 years, if not more.

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#13 User is offline   Crucified Paintballer 

• Pip

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:25 PM

View PostMOATI, on 17 March 2011 - 11:56 AM, said:

Here's the full deal on the Brigade.

Back in October of 2009, when Tiger Stripe (the original owners of Spec Ops) went out of business, the Brigade stayed in the hands of the old owners. They basically had other applications for the software that they were excited about and didn't want to sell it. In July of 2010 when I bought the brand from the original owners, they were still not willing to include the Brigade.

I haven't given up working something out with them but we need to finish up on some other issues before we can really tackle the Brigade question. I can tell you that we have discussed contingency plans that include an entirely different system that will accomplish many of the same things as the Brigade.

@MOATI:
Thank you for the udate. Its great to know that SpecOps has thought about this already. This atleast gives me hope in that SpecOps is trying to do something or plan something just in case we loose the Brigade. I know many here have different opinions on the value of the Brigade & those opinions, whichever way they go, are well respected. As I said before, I personnally don't understand why such an advantageous program was not utilised more effectively, where else can you go to get a list of national, local games so "easily" & "effortlessly?" or, have the ability to do the recruiting and create the teams that will hopefully and possibly one day be great teams? We are not supposed to be just playing the sport, we are to also be building it, and to do that, we are supposed to use the tools that can get the job done. Here in the forums we do have the Brigade Central sub-forums where you can find alot of info regarding the brigades, and although we all know that our members have put in a lot of work to get that info in here, it in no way compares to how good it looks & how much easier to do & manage it is in the Brigade. When I first joined SpecOps I did it because of the Brigade, I did it because I had finally found a place that didn't just offer a paintball forum site but a site that seemed to offer real comradery, a common meeting headquarters for all the soldiers of Woodsball. A headquarters where we could report to and find out if we were gonna go to war on the field that week or that month. The exitement of using the tools as a command central for your own recruits & to feel part of something big, that was the coolest. That alone made me feel like I was a part of something that no other website had done, not even to this day. I personally work with a lot of "disadvantaged" inner-city (in-town) youth. In our paintball program we discipline & train in the way of the SpecOps where you have to study & learn teamwork, team positions, tactical
understanding & movements, comm. training, & so much more including how you have to continue doing good at school & at home to continue to be a part of a squad. They all love it because they feel a part of something, and when we tell the & get them involved with the brigade where they get their own Soldier ID (Brigade ID), Call Sign, Rank system with us providing rank patches and all & see that they have a headquarters, it becomes more real to them & that in turn helps us in outreach ministry towards these youth & adults alike. I guess this is why I feel so strongly about the need for the Brigade or a system like it.
Sgt. Colón
Squad Commander
Alpha-1 Squad

#14 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 March 2011 - 06:44 PM

View PostCrucified Paintballer, on 21 March 2011 - 08:25 PM, said:

I personally work with a lot of "disadvantaged" inner-city (in-town) youth. In our paintball program we discipline & train in the way of the SpecOps where you have to study & learn teamwork, team positions, tactical understanding & movements, comm. training, & so much more including how you have to continue doing good at school & at home to continue to be a part of a squad. They all love it because they feel a part of something, and when we tell the & get them involved with the brigade where they get their own Soldier ID (Brigade ID), Call Sign, Rank system with us providing rank patches and all & see that they have a headquarters, it becomes more real to them & that in turn helps us in outreach ministry towards these youth & adults alike. I guess this is why I feel so strongly about the need for the Brigade or a system like it.

:tup: Love it. Just for that I hope the Brigade system stays in place. If it helps you reach those kids & give them a positive sense of community then long live the Brigade. Good luck w/ that man!
ger

#15 User is offline   Crucified Paintballer 

• Pip

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:26 PM

View Postger, on 21 March 2011 - 09:44 PM, said:

:tup: Love it. Just for that I hope the Brigade system stays in place. If it helps you reach those kids & give them a positive sense of community then long live the Brigade. Good luck w/ that man!

Thanks ger, I truly appreciate the comment, especially when it comes from individuals that really truly care. I agree "long live the Brigade". BTW, I was going through the "We Are Woodsball" page & noticed in the articles section...".The SpecialOps Brigade" & "The Special Ops Game Locator" link, I visited the page and as I began reading I noticed how enthusiastically exciting the Brigade was being perfectly described, & even now, it still excited me as if it were the first time reading it. In that moment I remembered that when I first found out about the Brigade, it was because of that introduction that I signed up. I think we all at one point or another need to visit or re-visit these two pages & read the introduction of the Brigade & Game locator & then ask the questions.... is this cool & exciting for the sport & players?, will it help?, can it be of benefit if used properly?, & then compare the Brigade system to how much progress, if any, we have made as far as using the system or implementing another system of our very own. Man when I first seen that intro. 3 years ago I was pumped. & when I told the locals about it, they were pumped. I believe it's safe to say that any one who is just getting into the sport of Woodsball & reads that intro. for the first time, they will be attracted to it. If what SpecOps is today was due to the Brigade system (which in the beginning it was, with many members.) then we would be a bit more concerned about the Brigade, atleast more than I have seen lately. It's not about the freebies, the store or anything like that, it's purely about the amount of potential effect it can have when it affects the players & the sport that use it properly.
Sgt. Colón
Squad Commander
Alpha-1 Squad

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic