• You cannot reply to this topic

Mercy kill rules? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   happycamper 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:happycamper

Posted 12 September 2006 - 06:52 PM

Well i went paintballing last night with the team and on of the guys on the other team had ran around behind me and shot me in the back of the neck pointblank. the ref seen this and warned him he was getting to close but he kept coming. this shot not only hurt but it brought me to the ground faster than anything befor. so i get out of the arena went to the washroom to find i was bleeding bad from the back of my head. after the bleeding stops i head back to play some more rounds to find this guy had been removed from the arena and banned from over half the paintball places in my city. As a ref i would of not kicked him out if he hadnt hit a nother player in the neck. i would give on warning. out of curiosity what would you do in this situation?

and btw my whole back of neck is black and blue and cut open

#2 User is offline   Tenacious221 

• ELITE Member, now with matching elite patch!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Tenacious221

Posted 12 September 2006 - 06:55 PM

That could be assault...technically...

The field owner was doing what he felt nessisary to protect himself from you...other people may have blamed the owner for not doing anything if he hadnt...

-Tenacious

#3 Guest_Mitch likes Pumps_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 12 September 2006 - 07:02 PM

Yes thats quite the situation, but I personally feel that mercy rule should be enforced in just good ol' outdoor fields, so the walk-on's and youngers kids day doesn't get ruined.

Mitch :ph34r:

#4 User is offline   Pneumaniac227 

• Certified Pump Paintball Crash Dummy
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 September 2006 - 08:56 PM

^^^Agreed. And if people like that would actually aim, then they could hit you in the pod pack, or somewhere where it won't hurt so much.
Digi Camo Program Web Dog Radio The Whiteboard
"Hype, cease and desist orders, and lawsuits are ruining our sport" club member #4
My Feedback (+8/-0) My Stuff For Sale!!! My Website
"The Ironmen though, are like the Yankees. I dont really care for them, but I would still place a bet on them." -ghostinthewood

#5 User is offline   Dr. Wiggy 

• "God. Duty. Honor. Country."
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dr. Wiggy

Posted 12 September 2006 - 09:09 PM

All very true.

what would you do in this situation?

I'm not really sure, I guess it would depend on all the veribles(SP)..........

God Bless,
Doc

The honorable freak of nature; Dr. Wiggy presiding.
Posted Image
The "Suicidal Ref"

Become Elite. Don't Cheat.

#6 User is offline   JesterTLS 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 September 2006 - 01:31 AM

It would depend on the field rules. In speedball, bunkering is part of the game. In the woods, we have a 10 foot rule. And I only ref woods and scenario. I can see kicking someone out if you warned them not to get that close and they did it anyway. Yeah, that is bare minimum sitting them out for a couple of games.

It comes down to 1) they did what a ref told them not to do. Dont do that. 2) it is a safety concern. The other players are there to have fun, not get injuried. 3) They hurt someone, maybe a youngster, and they aint gonna come back no more. That hurts the sport, and it hurst the revenue of the field. No revenue, no field.

This is why you try to keep the hard core players, may they be scenario or speedballers seperate from the church groups. We had a group of scenario guys, that get pretty darn aggressive. The other scenario groups love this kind of play, but it is too much for the younger and newer players. Try to keep these kind of players seperate from the other. Like the tourney speedball teams, they may be out there to practice for a tourney, and are going hard core, jumping over bunkers and poping people from a foot away. The new people aint gonna like that. At bare minimum warn the newer players what the deal is, and tell the hard core guys to go easy. If they have honor, they will tone it down.

This post has been edited by JesterTLS: 13 September 2006 - 01:40 AM

Team ODX (Operational Detachment X-Ray)
OSF Operator's Strike Force
www.scenariosupply.com www.cdpaintball.com

#7 User is offline   Dr. Wiggy 

• "God. Duty. Honor. Country."
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dr. Wiggy

Post icon  Posted 13 September 2006 - 01:29 PM

If they have honor, they wouldn't be shooting people that close in the first place......... <_<

They would know what it feels like to get shot that close, therefore, they wouldn't do it........

God Bless,
Doc

The honorable freak of nature; Dr. Wiggy presiding.
Posted Image
The "Suicidal Ref"

Become Elite. Don't Cheat.

#8 User is offline   Josiah 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 13 September 2006 - 02:22 PM

View PostDr. Wiggy, on Sep 13 2006, 01:29 PM, said:

If they have honor, they wouldn't be shooting people that close in the first place......... <_<

They would know what it feels like to get shot that close, therefore, they wouldn't do it........

God Bless,
Doc

i agree
Im The Dagger Your Commander Warned You About

SWIFT. SILENT. DEADLY.

Gun Control is Aiming,Pulling The Trigger,and Hitting The Intended Target

#9 User is offline   happycamper 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 13 September 2006 - 08:03 PM

heres a pic after like 45 mins to a hour

The bleeding had stoped and i got it cleaned up.
Posted Image

This post has been edited by happycamper: 13 September 2006 - 08:05 PM

#10 User is offline   zWarlord 

• Thought Police
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:zWarlord

Posted 13 September 2006 - 09:32 PM

I have kicked&banned someone off the field for that. I watched the guy creep arround a corner of a bunker and was less than 2ft from an opponent who had no idea he was there, now being the simpleton i am <_< I assumed that a surrender option would be given........My friend (in the bunker) got plastered on his shoulder 7 times and the guy had the nerve to argue that he gave the surrender call when i was standing less than 6ft from him at the time. ;) My friend had trouble lifting his arm for a week. Turns out the guy had taken an allen wrench on the field too, he was shooting 320, and he was ramping(we only allow semi) Yea he wont be let back.
Proud USF Bull

I am but a lifeguard in the human gene pool

#11 Guest_Mitch likes Pumps_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 14 September 2006 - 02:00 PM

View PostzWarlord, on Sep 13 2006, 09:32 PM, said:

I have kicked&banned someone off the field for that. I watched the guy creep arround a corner of a bunker and was less than 2ft from an opponent who had no idea he was there, now being the simpleton i am <_< I assumed that a surrender option would be given........My friend (in the bunker) got plastered on his shoulder 7 times and the guy had the nerve to argue that he gave the surrender call when i was standing less than 6ft from him at the time. :D My friend had trouble lifting his arm for a week. Turns out the guy had taken an allen wrench on the field too, he was shooting 320, and he was ramping(we only allow semi) Yea he wont be let back.

That story just prove's some people are patheitc cheaters and paintballers a like. AS IF the guy wouldn't have accepted the mercy option, also your supposed to say mercy in an elevated tone for better results. (otherwords scream at the guy) Shooting at 320 is just plain dangerous and just ruins the victim of the paintball's fun. Also if your that close to someone, shooting overboard, you might as well barrel tag them just for giggles.
God, some people :angry:

But anywho I don't see much like that at my field, the refs do a good job and there pretty strict.
But there is the occasional cheater.. :angry:

Mitch :ph34r:

#12 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 15 September 2006 - 12:50 AM

If someone does that after he's been banned from other fields, he's gone. Period. He's clearly a bad egg if being banned everywhere else wasn't sufficient warning to cut the crap.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#13 User is offline   happycamper 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 16 September 2006 - 12:02 PM

I went back again last night with the team this time it was a great day better refs and it was a over all good night!

#14 User is offline   Brownies 

• ^hehe^
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:GHILLIE SNIPER

Posted 18 September 2006 - 05:41 PM

kicked out, and yes that is assault with a deadly weapon, but i wouldn't file charges
IPB Image
yay! finally a sig that obeys the guidelines

#15 User is offline   Splatter 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SPLATTER68

Posted 23 September 2006 - 08:09 AM

View PostYOU DON'T NEED A NAME, on Sep 18 2006, 05:41 PM, said:

kicked out, and yes that is assault with a deadly weapon, but i wouldn't file charges

"Assault": possibly, depending on what state or province you're in, but usually assault cases with paintball markers only are pertinent if the victim is not actively participating in a paintball game, or if the perpetrator has performed a willful act such as freezing paintballs, using objects other than paintballs, or actually clubs the other player with the marker. In acts such as this one, where the guy was just an asshat, and the victim was willfully participating in a paintball game, it is EXTREMELY unlikely that you could file criminal charges.

"Deadly weapon": absolutely not. Just like a hammer is not considered a deadly weapon, even though you could kill someone with it, a paintball marker is not, and hopefully never will be (for all our sakes, and the sake of the future of the sport) considered a "deadly weapon."

Years ago, in the days before semis, I played a game in which some scumbag was shooting frozen paintballs. He broke a player's finger, and cracked several players' goggles. I'm not condoning my actions, but I was young and a lot less in control then, so I tanked him. We never saw that guy again. Of course, as a ref, I would be forced to ban both players involved in an incident like that today. I think the ref who banned the offensive player in Happy Camper's instance thought quickly and rationally, and I'm glad Happy Camper was more mature than I was years ago.

This post has been edited by Splatter: 11 October 2006 - 09:56 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
SpecOps Brigade #72314
Having an argument in online forums is like competing in the Special Olympics - even if you win, you're still retarded!

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users