Special Ops Paintball: PM5 - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

PM5 leaking air

#16 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 07 April 2010 - 05:55 AM

I suggest you turn your main reg down and set your dwell to 20. Sounds like you are over pressurizing the marker. If you can fire at 13 ms then there is way to much pressure going in.

#17 User is offline   aslanprime 

• Tippmann Slayer
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:ASLANPRIME

Post icon  Posted 07 April 2010 - 11:29 AM

View Postslinkyaroo, on Apr 7 2010, 08:55 AM, said:

I suggest you turn your main reg down and set your dwell to 20. Sounds like you are over pressurizing the marker. If you can fire at 13 ms then there is way to much pressure going in.

Newb question, but how do I turn it down. Hex wrench counterclockwise?
Proto Matrix PM5, Toxic trigger, Shocktech clamping feedneck, Virtue Board, CP On/Off, Dye Dm4 Sticky Grips, 12" Long Shot barrel
Automaggot #26 MY WEBPAGE MY FEEDBACK GUNS FOR SALE MY BRIGADE PAGE CHEAPEST PAINTBALLS ONLINE

#18 User is offline   Mehphisto 

• JUST A SMALL TOWN GIRL
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2010 - 05:24 PM

^^To turn it down turn the allen key in (to the left). Think of the regs on the DM/PM series like a water faucet. The more you turn it out the more water(air in this case) comes out.

View Postblackcelldrumr15, on Mar 8 2010, 01:15 AM, said:

Grease the bolt like crazy. Proto and Dye guns LOVE grease!

It's better to grease your bolt often with a little amount of grease, actually.

This post has been edited by Mehphisto: 07 April 2010 - 05:25 PM

Damn it feels good to be a gangster.

ELITESPORTS OT
The only original OT team

#19 User is offline   aslanprime 

• Tippmann Slayer
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2010 - 10:19 PM

In the immortal words of Rosco P. Coltrane..."Good News! Good News!"

Tried adjusting the inline regulator, but it was already turned all the way out and screwing it in and out didn't really affect anything. So, I went back through the bolt and replaced every o-ring. The only problem I noticed was that the top hat o-ring was not sitting in it's groove...it was just laying inside the bolt. No top hat o-ring = leaks out the barrell right?

So, fixed her up and greased her...aired her up...and she's firing. It was firing really loud in the garage, so the next step will be to pull out my chrono tomorrow or sometime this weekend and see what I'm getting for velocity and make sure it fires okay with actual paint going through it. This will be my first time putting paint through it so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks for the help and I'll keep ya posted on how the "live fire trials" go.
Proto Matrix PM5, Toxic trigger, Shocktech clamping feedneck, Virtue Board, CP On/Off, Dye Dm4 Sticky Grips, 12" Long Shot barrel
Automaggot #26 MY WEBPAGE MY FEEDBACK GUNS FOR SALE MY BRIGADE PAGE CHEAPEST PAINTBALLS ONLINE

#20 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2010 - 10:40 PM

Great to hear that you got her up and running!
Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper

#21 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:40 AM

View Postaslanprime, on Apr 16 2010, 01:19 AM, said:

In the immortal words of Rosco P. Coltrane..."Good News! Good News!"

Tried adjusting the inline regulator, but it was already turned all the way out and screwing it in and out didn't really affect anything. So, I went back through the bolt and replaced every o-ring. The only problem I noticed was that the top hat o-ring was not sitting in it's groove...it was just laying inside the bolt. No top hat o-ring = leaks out the barrell right?

So, fixed her up and greased her...aired her up...and she's firing. It was firing really loud in the garage, so the next step will be to pull out my chrono tomorrow or sometime this weekend and see what I'm getting for velocity and make sure it fires okay with actual paint going through it. This will be my first time putting paint through it so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks for the help and I'll keep ya posted on how the "live fire trials" go.

When the marker is over pressurized by the main reg it blows that o-ring into the bolt housing, as you have seen.

Now turn your main reg all the way in. Set your dwell to 20 ms, then turn the main reg out to chrony at what you need.

#22 User is offline   aslanprime 

• Tippmann Slayer
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2010 - 12:54 PM

View Postslinkyaroo, on Apr 16 2010, 11:40 AM, said:

When the marker is over pressurized by the main reg it blows that o-ring into the bolt housing, as you have seen.

Now turn your main reg all the way in. Set your dwell to 20 ms, then turn the main reg out to chrony at what you need.

Went outside, aired it up and fired a shot. It chronoed at 518 and blew a hole through the thin piece of wood I was shooting at! I also noticed that the bolt was not returning far enough back to let the next ball fall into the breach. I turned the reg in and slowly the balls started to chrono at 484, 418, 388, 325, and finally in the 266-288 range. And once they started to chrono below 300, the bolt started returning all the way back. I got the balls to chrono between 274 and 288 and then fired off the rest of the hopper.

The gun, once adjusted, fired great! This is my first electro (not counting a VL Prodigy) so it was sweet to be able to walk the trigger and have the balls just come out in a string like that.

Next step will be to do some field testing. I'd like to experiment with the different modes and such. Once I verify that iit's working good and functioning properly out on the field, I'll be installing the Virtue board that I bought for it a while back. But, before I can start messing with the Matrix, I need finish breaking in and field testing my Minimag. One thing at a time...

#23 User is offline   trustme 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tippywoodsballin

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:55 PM

518fps at that kind of internal pressure your lucky your gun is still working....
setups=BT TM-7, Double Trigger, Lapco 12" apex ready, Apex barrel, Rotor
Infinity legend, 68/45, cp reg, new designz asa

#24 User is offline   aslanprime 

• Tippmann Slayer
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:50 PM

View Posttrustme, on Apr 16 2010, 07:55 PM, said:

518fps at that kind of internal pressure your lucky your gun is still working....

Absolutely!! I didn't even think it was possible to shoot a paintball at that speed. I figured the force would break the paintball before it leaves the gun. Of course, I also didn't think a paintball (non-frozen) could shoot through wood.... :P ...now I know.

#25 User is offline   aslanprime 

• Tippmann Slayer
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2010 - 05:37 PM

Any idea why at the really high pressure the bolt wouldn't return back to allow the next ball to fall in?

Also, why does the manual recommend that you change the grease and o-rings on the lpr every 40000 shots or so but at the same time not recommend that the user service the lpr? Do you guys change the grease and o-rings in your hyper 2 and lpr often or leave them pretty much alone?

Thanks.

#26 User is offline   aslanprime 

• Tippmann Slayer
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 November 2010 - 02:24 PM

Another update...

Finally field tested it a couple weekends ago.

At first, shot so awesome I couldn't believe it! I was lovin it!

Then things went downhill.

1) The Halo was being annoying. Kept stopping and I'd have to turn it on and off to get it to work. Thought it was the batteries, changed those, seemed to work, but still had problems with it later.

2) I finally took the hopper off and realized the bolt wasn't returning back far enough to let the ball fall into the breach. Then the gun was firing all eratic or not at all.

So, I got some insight on PBN, and first step was to change the battery. Did that and it seemed to cycle again well. I lubed the bolt up and installed the Virtue board, set the dwell at 16. Aired it up and it seemed to fire okay. The Halo jammed again and I had to turn it on and off...then I noticed the bolt wasn't returning all the way back again. I changed the battery to a fresh one....seemed to cycle well again and the bolt was retuning. Fired about 100 rounds through it and it seemed to fire okay. Wasn't totally smooth...might just be that I need to improve my technique...we'll see. I did replace the macro hose and the elbow fitting on the Hyper 2 because it was leaking a little bit. Maybe that will help too.

I want to go through the LPR one of these nights and get it cleaned and lubed up...make sure the o-rings are good. Same thing with the Hyper 2. I'm hesitent because I've had trouble getting at those parts and I don't want to break the marker trying to access these parts...but I need to access them eventually, might as well do it now. Then maybe tweak the LPR out a half turn from where it is now, just in case the LPR is why that bolt doesn't go back sometimes. And if everything goes smooth, I'm sort of anxious to put the baby in ramp mode and see how it can do!

#27 User is offline   Benaiah 

• If you dont get it, youre Sofa Kingdom
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Benaiah2320

Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:11 AM

if you have a virtue board it should have a new solenoid on it. try that, if it doesn't do anything you can always take it off and put the stock board back on before you send it back.

wow i totally missed the second page.

The bolt sticking out is because in a spool valve gun there is a pocket of air behind the bolt. the solenoid uses air to hold it back. When you pull the trigger, it moves the bolt forward and in some method (varies differently from marker to marker) releases the pent up air. when the air pressure behind the bolt is too great, it will overcome the pressure that the solenoid applies and push forwards, but the air will only escape when the bolt is fully forwards. With the pressure at a normal level, this shouldn't be a problem. The LPR controls the air used to operate the bolt, so that should help with your problem. (this is as what i gathered from my previous research...if im wrong let me know)

also the dwell as slimky said.

This post has been edited by Benaiah: 29 November 2010 - 06:45 AM

2 Samuel 22

#28 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 November 2010 - 06:21 AM

In winter you should have the dwell around 20.

#29 User is offline   aslanprime 

• Tippmann Slayer
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:07 PM

Went through the LPR and Hyper 2.

Now I got a new problem. Leaking air out the side of the Hyper 2 and the marker isn't firing.

Getting the little o-ring out of the Hyper 2 was a real pain, I'm hoping I didn't damage anything in there digging for it.

Any thoughts??

#30 User is offline   aslanprime 

• Tippmann Slayer
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:34 AM

I went through the Hyper 2 for an hour yesterday. I figured that I must have used the wrong size o-ring as the seat o-ring. I used a very tiny little clear o-ring but it wasn't big enough to let the tube go through and make contact with the seat. So I tried a couple different other sizes that looked right. Usually I have the o-ring I'm replacing as a guide...but this time that o-ring was destroyed in the extraction process.

I tried and tried to get the two o-rings to seat properly, but each time I would put it back together and the air would blow out the vent hole on the side of the Hyper 2 which I understand means the seat o-ring is not in place properly. I've heard it's supposed to fit in a groove, but I tried like hell to get it to go in a groove and no success.

Now I got a PM5 that's all lubed up with a brand new Virtue board...but I got a Hyper 2 that's scratched all to **** and in pieces. :( :( :(

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users