#46 User is offline   SKC 

• So Others May Live.
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:SKC 1.5

Posted 14 September 2005 - 06:45 PM

MOATI, on Aug 9 2005, 10:25 PM, said:

EliteSniper, on Aug 9 2005, 08:05 PM, said:

an moati ive asked u this before bout the accuracy compared to the flatline....how much more accuraute is this? more accuraute isnt enough for me. im all about the accuracy :)

It's not as accurate as a kit or say a Stiffi...but when used as a normal barrel (spin turned off) I'd put it on par with a J&J ceramic or a Lapco Big Shot. When in Flatline mode, it's hard to compare it to anything other than to say it's "more accurate" than the Flatty since the Flatty is the only other barrel getting that range. I haven't had the chance to do any precise field testing yet but from 100-150 feet, you'll be hitting your mark probably 90% of the time. When in "Super Flatline" mode, there is simply nothing to compare it to. I would primarily use this mode for supression fire though so simply the fact that it can put it out that far is enough. There is alot of spin though so there is a noticable "floating" to the ball.

actually my flatty is probably more accurate than the apex w/ tuning and little bit of time about thirty minutes it as accurate as a stiffi
I proudly endorse:
Bob Long Markers - Empire Loaders and Apparel- Hybrid Apparel - Ninja Air Systems - VForce Masks

U.S. Navy AIRR

#47 User is offline   Maj Tom 

• This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 19 September 2005 - 04:12 PM

You tell'm tacoma my flatty is now sitting amongst a family Apex's but neither can touch my hammerheads accuracy at 90ft but after that distance Apex all the way. It contributed to two kills that a group of three flatty's could come close to in TWC.

#48 User is offline   Repins 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 September 2005 - 06:11 PM

elite14, on Sep 14 2005, 06:45 PM, said:

MOATI, on Aug 9 2005, 10:25 PM, said:

EliteSniper, on Aug 9 2005, 08:05 PM, said:

an moati ive asked u this before bout the accuracy compared to the flatline....how much more accuraute is this? more accuraute isnt enough for me. im all about the accuracy :D

It's not as accurate as a kit or say a Stiffi...but when used as a normal barrel (spin turned off) I'd put it on par with a J&J ceramic or a Lapco Big Shot. When in Flatline mode, it's hard to compare it to anything other than to say it's "more accurate" than the Flatty since the Flatty is the only other barrel getting that range. I haven't had the chance to do any precise field testing yet but from 100-150 feet, you'll be hitting your mark probably 90% of the time. When in "Super Flatline" mode, there is simply nothing to compare it to. I would primarily use this mode for supression fire though so simply the fact that it can put it out that far is enough. There is alot of spin though so there is a noticable "floating" to the ball.

actually my flatty is probably more accurate than the apex w/ tuning and little bit of time about thirty minutes it as accurate as a stiffi

are my eyes playing tricks on me or did you seriously just say with 30 mins of "tuning" your flatline is as accurate as a stiffi?

well for one thing a flatty is not a car, you cant "tune" it. It is either you put it on right or you dont. If you dont put it on right and you take it off to put it on there right that isnt considered "tuning"

Oh and if anyone is wondering about the accuracy of an Apex. check this out....

Apex Review

This post has been edited by Repins: 19 September 2005 - 06:13 PM

#49 User is offline   broadsword79 

• SHOOT TO KILL
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:BROADSWORD79

Posted 22 September 2005 - 08:01 PM

I dont know what the guy who started this topic was thinking. Are you even a real Broadsword? This is the ultimate Broadsword and Hammer barrel. It destroys the flatty in shooting distance and accuracy. Youve gotta be smoking something.

#50 User is offline   Heavy Rifleman 

• Captian Rank-Master Broadsword
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Heavy Rifleman 13

Posted 24 September 2005 - 07:32 AM

I was piceing info of what i heard
A.T.V. (Assault Team Vector) Broadsword/Commander
puzuma make me a sig!!! please (i used to be macewinduo)

#51 User is offline   guinnessboy 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:guinnessboy

Posted 21 October 2005 - 10:40 AM

I have the Apex and I've used it alot. In regards to a few people asking about barrel breaks, yes it happens. . . . I have my on a Spyder Pilot with the ACS. The ACS is fantastic and I've never chopped a ball while using it. BUT, when I started using the APEX, I chopped. I was shooting rather fast in Superflatline mode, laying suppressive fire down . . . I broke two balls and all hell broke loose after that. I used a squeegee but the barrel was never really "clean". The ramp still had paint on it and it effected the performance of the barrel for the rest of the game.

The Superflatline mode is horribly inaccurate but who really cares when you're 300ft away from some punk shooting no farther then 150ft? The whole psychological game you play with someone from that distance is good enough for me, and if it makes them take cover becuase of it, I'm helping my team out by allowing them to move unseen.

The curve and dive bomb modes are the real deal . . . I took out a handful of people that were hiding behind trees and bunkers with that mode, but you have to have a good distance in order for it to really work well. And, you need to shoot a few to get the actual angle down pat.

As for getting shot up while adjusting .. . . . . a big hoax. If you know the what you want to do right away and, you'll be fine. And, with every barrel, after your first shot or two, you need to adjust your aim, so that's not a huge factor either.

I like the Apex because my stock spyder doesn't have the distance of a flatline and this lets me compete a bit more with my opposition. I definitely would not use this barrel for speedball. I don't think it would be that useful because the game is so much quicker then woodsball.

Any questions let me know. I just touched on some of the things that have continually came up in this thread.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users