• You cannot reply to this topic

Vests

#1 User is offline   1weasel 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:1weasel

Posted 01 May 2009 - 06:01 PM

So I have been kicking around getting a vest but so far haven't been able to convince myself that I actually need one. How much do those of you who use vests actually carry around with you besides the usual pods, remote tank, maybe some tools and radio? I just can't think of much else that I would need that close to me.

#2 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:35 PM

If you are carrying that much with you on the field, how else would you carry it all unless you had a vest? In my opinion a vest is the best / most comfortable way to carry all of that.

This post has been edited by ger: 02 May 2009 - 10:35 PM

ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#3 User is offline   1weasel 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 02 May 2009 - 11:27 PM

I just use a pod harness and the pockets on my pants. I dont carry a radio, and dont really carry that many tools on me. I guess if I played in some bigger games I would probly carry more tools/parts and maybe some first aid stuff but there aren't places for a bigger game around here.

#4 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• LVL 0 Human class flanker-
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:31 AM

chest rig and a small day pack....thats one way i'd go.
Team Black Sheep, Oregon Division
ex-gunwhore
"All at is subject to political manipulation except that which speaks the language of the same manipulation."-N.S.K./Laibach
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable " - /-wear me!?

#5 User is offline   Dib 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dib

Posted 03 May 2009 - 11:45 PM

I carry 4 pods, two gernades, a small firstaid kit, and one allen wo adjust velocity. I've got a sabre vest and I never use the other two pod holders :rolleyes: I just don't use that much paint. For me 4 pod holders would be enough with two large pockets for extras.
If he rips my arms off, I'll kick him to death.
If he rips my legs off, I'll bite him to death.
If he rips my head off, I'll stare him to death.
And if he gouges my eyes out, I'll curse him from beyond the grave.

#6 User is offline   Patrick15 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Raiden205

Posted 04 May 2009 - 05:16 AM

There is a lot of stuff you can carry in a vest: Radios, squegees, grenades, allen wrenches, extra LAW rockets, etc..

Using remote lines on vests is just a lot more comfortable. You don't have the bottle sticking into your back, and the internal elastic belt keeps the vest real tight against you, making it seem like you aren't carrying anything, because everything isn't sagging down.

This post has been edited by Patrick15: 04 May 2009 - 05:16 AM

Official Sabre #809 If We Cannot Do It, It Does Not Need To Be Done

My God is AWESOME. You should get to know Him.

#7 User is offline   cary 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 04 May 2009 - 06:22 AM

I carry 4 pods, two gernades, a small firstaid kit, and one allen wo adjust velocity. I've got a sabre vest and I never use the other two pod holders rolleyes.gif I just don't use that much paint. For me 4 pod holders would be enough with two large pockets for extras.

LOL... I agree with you dude... :) :) :)

This post has been edited by cary: 04 May 2009 - 06:23 AM

#8 User is offline   Fets25 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Fets25

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:14 AM

I don't carry a ton, usually two pods, some water, my air tank, squeegee and radio. Also I use a sling, which can often be attached to the vest. To me even if I didn't carry any of that other stuff, just having the air off the gun is great. And I don't think a pod pack is a great way to carry your air, compared to the comfort and security of a vest.

If you don't run a remote, don't carry water or a radio, then a harness might be great for you. Especially for short games like it sounds like you are playing.

#9 User is offline   Spektre 

• Forum Stalker
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SPEKTRE

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:15 PM

A vest is definitely a better alternative to a harness if you run remote. It's just too much weight to have a full harness with air - too much bouncing around IMO.
SPEKTRE, Recon Element
Grim Reapers Paintball

#10 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• LVL 0 Human class flanker-
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2009 - 03:27 PM

to be honest, i dont see the need for a remote airline if the guy only gonna carry a few pods.....like i said, a chest rig with all the essentials (pods, water, tools, ID, map, wallet, keys, first aid kit) would still be less bulky than a vest...and allow for more flexibility, an allow for playing tighter in games....and you dont need to worry about pod pack shots, since all the bulk would be between your mask, hopper and marker....so its not like its gonna increase your profile by much....if the chest rig is set up properly. a molle chest rig with 2x double pod pouches on the extreme ends, and the rest in between, and a hydration pack on the back, would do you excellent....the hydration pack can be for either a bladder or if you insist on running remote, a small air tank in there, and it wont bounce around alot. :laugh:
Team Black Sheep, Oregon Division
ex-gunwhore
"All at is subject to political manipulation except that which speaks the language of the same manipulation."-N.S.K./Laibach
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable " - /-wear me!?

#11 User is offline   1weasel 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 04 May 2009 - 05:53 PM

So far I have been comfortable with my harness setup with remote line. But I also use shoulder straps to distribute the load. My pants have pockets for squeegies (fusion battle pants). I guess Ill play some more and if I can get into some bigger games, Ill look at a chest rig or something

#12 User is offline   Alix Primus 

• Poop
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ALIX POOP

Posted 06 May 2009 - 07:13 AM

For me a vest is much better suited for large scenario games. Small weekend games I find it more useless. Good for style though.

#13 User is offline   Fets25 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Fets25

Posted 07 May 2009 - 06:43 AM

View PostCamoDeafie, on May 4 2009, 03:27 PM, said:

to be honest, i dont see the need for a remote airline if the guy only gonna carry a few pods.....like i said, a chest rig with all the essentials (pods, water, tools, ID, map, wallet, keys, first aid kit) would still be less bulky than a vest...and allow for more flexibility, an allow for playing tighter in games....and you dont need to worry about pod pack shots, since all the bulk would be between your mask, hopper and marker....so its not like its gonna increase your profile by much....if the chest rig is set up properly. a molle chest rig with 2x double pod pouches on the extreme ends, and the rest in between, and a hydration pack on the back, would do you excellent....the hydration pack can be for either a bladder or if you insist on running remote, a small air tank in there, and it wont bounce around alot. ;)

It is just preference, I can't stand to ever put an air tank on my gun. It has nothing to do with how many pods I shoot (I rarely go through more than a pod in a game). I have tried on a few chest rigs and never liked them because of all the bulk up front, but they are comfortable. For me, gotta have a reliable way to carry my HPA.

#14 User is offline   Muad'Dib 

• Fremen
  • Pip

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:41 AM

I use a Scout vest, I think it is. It's perfect for me. When I have all 4 pods loaded up, my tank in the tank pouch, and my radio in the radio pouch, it feels like I'm carrying nothing at all. It works perfectly; has all the room for anything I could bring with me in a game, distributes the weght evenly and comfrotably, etc.

@ OP, if you want a comfortable way to carry your pods, tank, etc., I'd very heartily recommend a vest.
By the power of the double Windsor knot!

Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife - chopping off what's incomplete and saying "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

#15 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2009 - 02:18 PM

If he's using air-on-gun then a chest rig will do just fine. I would prefer it over a standard pod pack as I hate reaching behind me for pods. I keep my 140 round pods on my sides w/ the molle vest I am using now (vest is necessary because I run remote) + 3x 50 rounders on the front w/ my radio & when necessary map/id pouch. I've tried the 140's on my back & just prefer them to be more accessible.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users