• You cannot reply to this topic

Vforce Grill yes, another review lol

#1 User is offline   THE GIVEN DEATH 

• BYAH!!!
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:THE GIVEN DEATH

Posted 23 April 2007 - 10:13 PM

Alright ladies and gentlemen, this is a review on the new Vforce Grill paintball mask, just purchased today at East Coast Paintball. I guess you can say this is my first real review, but I did do one when I was a little to excited to see my friend's Barret Kit. Anyways, on with the review.

THE VFORCE GRILL

Purchase Price : 89.95

Color : Reverse Olive Drab

I must say, upon first inspection, I was very skeptical about this mask. I have been using a set of Vents Helix thermals for quite a few months now, and felt no need to get a new mask. They were comfy, they never fogged, they were low profile, and had excellent visibility. Then along came the Grill.

-The first thing I noticed about the Grill is the incredibly PERTURBED-off demeanor of the mask. Someone on the forums said it the best, it makes you look like a PERTURBED-off bug. But that is not a bad thing. This thing has very attractive and agressive styling. I don't think I would be scared if I saw someone wearing it, but it may scare some of the newer and/or younger players a little bit.

-The next thing I noticed was the comfort, as I HAD to try it on. It is extremely comfortable, it fits my face like a glove. I did not even have to adjust the strap, as it's already quite snug. It's foam was a LITTLE bit less comfortable than my Helix, but i'm sure that will change once it's broken in. One thing I did find to be a GREAT idea by Vforce are the temple pads. They really boost the comfort of the mask, because instead of hard plastic or rubber rubbing up against your head, it's nice soft foam. They actually sit right behind your ears, which i'm sure can be a problem spot for some masks out there. Another nice feature is the removable foam, so if you get it all sweaty, you can pop it out and put some dry foam in there. Also included is a chinstrap that you can opt to put on, or keep off. I would say to use it as it helps keep the mask on nice and sturdy.

-The lenses are also very nice. I tried a profiler on too, just to see if the view was in any way impeded by the smaller lense, and the difference was totally negligable. Having never owned a profiler though, I can not comment on the differences between the removal system. It is very simple, just as easy as changing the lense on the Helix. You remove the locking clips on the ends of the strap from the side panels, pop the panels off, then remove the lense. Removing the foam is only two more steps, you twist a small lock on the side (pennies work great) and pop out the foam. Replacing everything is as simple as reversing the steps. I can not wait for the PhotoChromatic lenses to come out, they are the most killer thing I have ever seen.

-I did find one thing that I did not really like though. It's not really much of a big deal, but attaching the visor was quite a challenge. The visor has three small notches that go through the foam, and you put a small o-ring on them to keep it locked on the visor. Even with me, my girlfriend, and a small set of pliers, it still took us almost 45 minutes to get the rings on. Then, in my infinite wisdom, I discover that Vforce recommends removing the foam, attaching it directly to the foam, and then replacing it. 45 minutes after we struggle to get them on. So my advice, LISTEN TO VFORCE!!! Take the foam off first, put the visor on the foam, and replace. Oh, and this mask does look a LOT better with the visor on, and it protects your forehead a little better. My advice would be to definitely use it. I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. If it saves you a headache, why not?

I have yet to use it in a game, but if all goes well, it will be used this coming saturday. Overall right now, I will give this mask a 9 out of 10, only because I can't judge it's performance in a game yet. I won't deduct anything for the visor, as that was kind of my own stupidity. This thing looks absolutely amazing in Reverse OD, it's insanely comfortable, and it stays put with or without a chinstrap. It is a bit of a hefty purchase at $90, but a mask is one thing that I think NOBODY should be cheap about. Save a few bucks, or save an eye? As I stated earlier, I tried the Grill, Profiler, and I also tried on a set of I3 Pros. The Grill was my mask of choice for a good reason. Having never owned any Vforce products either, I figured I may as well check them out. Definitely a good buy.

FINAL SCORE : 9 out of 10

I'll update as soon as I get a chance to play, and not actually sit around and look cool but PERTURBED at the same time.
"So apparently, my entire team felt that it was totally necessary to storm up the left side and get wiped out, leaving me with two pods, half a hopper, and thirteen trigger happy psychos bearing down on the last player left alive thirty seconds into the match. Thank you, guys." -Me at my last game.

My Feedback

#2 User is offline   little_ben 

• Cowards die many times before their death
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:little_ben

Posted 27 April 2007 - 01:44 PM

the only bad thing about the grill IMO, the visor is attched to the foam so if you want to change the foam, you have to take off the visor.

#3 User is offline   Varnel 

• Team F.E.A.R Co-Captain
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Varnel

Posted 14 May 2007 - 02:19 PM

Great review
I've ran with my grills in a handful of games and I've got nothing but great things to say about them. Never fogged once, very comfy, and look great!!!
The only grip I have about them is my visor falls off very easily, but who runs with those on anyways....

#4 User is offline   Vrysius 

• Fire breathing dragon?
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Vrysius

Posted 14 May 2007 - 02:22 PM

View Postlittle_ben, on Apr 27 2007, 03:44 PM, said:

the only bad thing about the grill IMO, the visor is attched to the foam so if you want to change the foam, you have to take off the visor.
you don't actually take the visor off it just comes off with the foam frame but it is still attached

View PostVarnel, on May 14 2007, 04:19 PM, said:

Great review
I've ran with my grills in a handful of games and I've got nothing but great things to say about them. Never fogged once, very comfy, and look great!!!
The only grip I have about them is my visor falls off very easily, but who runs with those on anyways....
I do. My visor has never come off if you put the rubber things on underneath it the right way.

This post has been edited by Vrysius: 14 May 2007 - 02:23 PM

#5 User is offline   little_ben 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2007 - 02:33 PM

i meant if you want to exchange foam, you have to take the visor off to put it on the new foam.

#6 User is offline   Camo Charlie 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 22 June 2007 - 07:31 PM

I have the same Grill -- reversed OD. I switched out the lens to smoke, so I don't use the visor. Excellent goggle. I love 'em.
Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

#7 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 22 June 2007 - 07:36 PM

Are the smoke lenses still light enough to see well in the woods? I think I'm a little light sensitive... I can't look around without squinting a lot on a regular summer day :sleep:.

-J'92

This post has been edited by Jaeger1992: 22 June 2007 - 07:36 PM

Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#8 User is offline   little_ben 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2007 - 12:46 AM

i recomend the amber lense, its awesome.

#9 User is offline   tubby ted 

• stick it to the man
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tubby ted

Posted 26 June 2007 - 08:09 PM

pics, anyone??
"The speakers on the outside are a nice touch... soundtrack to the mayhem"-I.K.E
"Only someone too bloody stupid to tell the difference between a cat & a fish would ever join PETA anyway...." -The Stuntman
Music is like candy... You should always throw away the rappers
VIVA LA CHRISTMAS REVOLUTION!

#10 User is offline   little_ben 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 June 2007 - 06:37 AM

go to the grill owners group page. (link in sig) lots of pics in there.

#11 User is offline   motoguy1251 

• Mustache Afficianado
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:motoguy1251

Posted 27 June 2007 - 06:55 AM

I was an RTard and thought the o rings were flashing and threw them away. I might email-call Vforce and get new ones.
1Ill be on you like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snow storm!!
2Games: Americas Army, Battlefield 2,2142,1942,vietnam,Fear, CSS,Red Orchestra,DOD, Oblivion,GaryMod,more

#12 User is offline   little_ben 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 June 2007 - 07:14 AM

flashing?

#13 User is offline   motoguy1251 

• Mustache Afficianado
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:motoguy1251

Posted 27 June 2007 - 07:27 AM

Left over from the molding process.
1Ill be on you like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snow storm!!
2Games: Americas Army, Battlefield 2,2142,1942,vietnam,Fear, CSS,Red Orchestra,DOD, Oblivion,GaryMod,more

#14 User is offline   little_ben 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 July 2007 - 01:35 PM

o

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic