• You cannot reply to this topic

Tippmann X7 Advice Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   EchoXero 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:EchoXero

Posted 16 May 2009 - 03:41 AM

I am looking to purchase a new Tippmann X7 for my next marker. Is there anything I should know about this marker before I buy it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Additionally, it comes with a remote line and 20oz CO2 tank. I prefer to use HPA. Will the remote line work with my HPA tank?
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security, will deserve neither and lose both."
~Benjamin Franklin

#2 User is offline   Wrzesinski 

• Gives his $.02
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Wrzesinski

Posted 16 May 2009 - 03:50 AM

they tend too be crazy loud right out of the box...this can be a good or bad thing. but yea :P
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.
Being too awesome :P

Who has the best girlfriend in the whole wide world? ME!

#3 User is offline   EchoXero 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 16 May 2009 - 03:57 AM

Are there ways to make them quieter?
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security, will deserve neither and lose both."
~Benjamin Franklin

#4 User is offline   Wrzesinski 

• Gives his $.02
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Wrzesinski

Posted 16 May 2009 - 06:23 PM

stiffi makes a really quiet barrel, but its super expensive. j&j ceramics makes one that is cheaper, both are good barrels and will make your marker quieter. if you polish the internals it will help a little but it will also make your shots more consistent. a low pressure kit will make it alot quieter [low pressure air expands less than high pressure air!] if you cant afford a ceramic barrel get one that's well ported [i have the longer version of this one smart parts tactical barrel review
and it makes it MUCH QUIETER [there is porting down the side to allow the air to dissipate slower resulting in a smaller pop] it uses more gas and is psychotically long [a butstock helps counter it ] but the sound factor is worth it.

This post has been edited by Wrzesinski: 16 May 2009 - 06:25 PM

The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.
Being too awesome :P

Who has the best girlfriend in the whole wide world? ME!

#5 User is offline   Kontract Killa 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kontract Killa

Posted 16 May 2009 - 06:57 PM

They are decent guns, polishing the internals, and adding a carbon fiber or ported barrel will quiet it a little, but being a Tippmann, its gonna be loud. That can be a good thing, if you like loud guns. Its a decent gun, there are a lot of haters, especially if you plan to do any milsim mods to it. The little experience i have had with them has all been good, they are decently reliable guns, and pretty easy to work on and maintain. Id suggest a better barrel ASAP, as the stock ones are usually lacking. I have had decent luck with them so far, all of the ones i have had ended up being somewhat accurate, but a better barrel is still preffered. J&J, Hammerhead, LAPCO, PPS, SLY and ST!FFI all make good barrels for them, with J&J being the cheapest of them all.

Im pretty sure you can use the Remote Line with HPA, as long as its rated to the same PSI as the tank you are using. A 3K line wont hold up to a 4.5K tank, i think. I dont run HPA remote, so dont quote me on that :)
The Free 19th.

#6 User is offline   Dib 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dib

Posted 16 May 2009 - 10:57 PM

I love my X-7. Easy to maintain. Solid construction. Great variety in mods, cosmetic and other. Can be a little on the heavy side depending on additions, but adds to the real rifle feel. An upgrade barrel with mucho porting is recommended for noise and accuracy. Hair pin trigger kit from TechT is also a good investment as it shortens the trigger pull. I got a new powertube right off the bat, because I wanted a metal one instead of the stock plastic one, personal preferance. I run remote with a 4500 tank, works fine. Hope you have as much fun with your X-7 as I have with mine. :dodgy:

This post has been edited by Dib: 16 May 2009 - 11:32 PM

If he rips my arms off, I'll kick him to death.
If he rips my legs off, I'll bite him to death.
If he rips my head off, I'll stare him to death.
And if he gouges my eyes out, I'll curse him from beyond the grave.

#7 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2009 - 11:24 PM

You can run a remote line on a HPA tank. The regulator on any HPA tank will lower the PSI leaving the tank to around 850 for a high pressure tank, lower for a low pressure one. You're remote line will work perfectly fine with a 3000 or 4500 PSI tank!
Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper

#8 User is offline   EchoXero 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 17 May 2009 - 01:51 AM

Thanks for the advice. One other question, what about a flatline barrel?
~Benjamin Franklin

#9 User is offline   Perinhawk 

• Will Work for Paintball Cash :)
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Perinhawk

Posted 17 May 2009 - 03:44 AM

View PostEchoXero, on May 17 2009, 01:51 AM, said:

Thanks for the advice. One other question, what about a flatline barrel?

I have used a flatline with my 98, and it takes a LOT of time to adjust it to make it actually go straight instead of going in crazy curves. It is hard to adjust with the shroud on, and easy to mess up your adjustment with the shroud off. I sold mine, it's definitely not worth what they charge you for it. EDIT: Flatline fans, please don't flame me, I'm just stating my opinions/experiences using this barrel. If you can make this barrel work, great for you, I can't. I'm only stating my experiences using this barrel, and if you disagree, tell echoxero, not me.

This post has been edited by Perinhawk: 17 May 2009 - 03:48 AM

"Paintball is my art, and your mask is my canvas"- Me
Addicted to Paint

#10 User is offline   Minnesota Sn1p3r 

• Back on the Attack!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MN Sn1p3r

Posted 17 May 2009 - 04:09 AM

I have heard that they are really loud, they are basily an A5, and that they tend to chop A LOT!!! So, Idk, it sounds like a pretty good deal though. As for the Remote Line, im not sure because I dont know the brand, but I dont see y it wouldn't work.

~~Shockwave~~ :P
"Its better to out-think your enemy than to out-fight them" - Sun Tzu

"I dont like paying for the same realestate twice" - General George S. Patton

#11 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2009 - 11:43 AM

Upgrade the cyclone ratchet to one made of metal/not made by Tippmann.

That, or buy a ton of spares.

They break all the time (more than once a year for sure). Tippmann simply was not thinking when they made that part.

If you really want a flatline like effect in a barrel, buy an Apex tip instead. It allows you to turn it off when it's unneeded and it can be placed on many barrels for improved accuracy when the tip is not in use.
Member of Team Akkadian

#12 User is offline   Polar Sparky 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:POLARSPARKY

Posted 17 May 2009 - 12:16 PM

I use an A-5 but i hope to get a X-7. I bought an apex barrel because it works better for me to be able to make the ball curve any way i want it to.

if you aren't aiming to be a sniper when sound is not really an issue. By the time paint starts flying they can find you eventually. And there will always be someone with a louder marker, I like how my a-5 is intimidating with the sound it makes.

#13 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2009 - 01:28 PM

Hey Polar, an X7 is basically an A5 in a different body. Don't waste your money on getting something you already have bud!!
Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper

#14 User is offline   Silent-7 

• Christian Paintballer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Silent-7

Posted 17 May 2009 - 01:36 PM

View PostMinnesota Sn1p3r, on May 17 2009, 05:09 AM, said:

and that they tend to chop A LOT!!!

This hasn't been my experience at all - the cyclone on my A-5 feeds unbelievably reliably. The only breaks I've ever had were thanks to liquid CO2 in the gun, or were barrel breaks which are to be expected if you use cheap paint in a flatline like I was doing. :D

View PostThalion, on May 17 2009, 12:43 PM, said:

Upgrade the cyclone ratchet to one made of metal/not made by Tippmann.

That, or buy a ton of spares.

They break all the time (more than once a year for sure). Tippmann simply was not thinking when they made that part.

Again, this hasn't been my experience, but I have heard a lot of people saying things that would back up your statement. I must have gotten lucky, because I haven't had to replace my ratchet yet after several years of playing.

Maybe some of these kinds of things are different between the A-5 and the X-7, but I haven't heard anything along those lines so far...
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 17 May 2009 - 01:42 PM

And the A-5 is just a 98 Custom in a different body. They're all inline blowbacks, you can expect similar performance. It's just a matter of getting the features you want. It should not chop, no marker should chop paint provided the paint is fresh and it is being fed correctly.

I wouldn't worry about the noise. They're loud markers. Even with a quiet barrel they will still be relatively loud. There's nothing wrong with a loud marker, its part of the fun of using a blowback. It's not like someone isn't going to hear you shooting.

A barrel and a spring kit are the only recommended modifications I would make. I prefer either a Lapco or Palmer's brass barrel. CP's one piece barrels are also very nice if you don't want to spend much. The spring kit for its price improves your air efficiency a significant amount.

That's really all you need. Too many people get caught up thinking that "upgrades" are actually going to make the marker better. The fact of the matter is that the more upgradeable a marker is, the more it was missing to begin with. They really don't have any more practical improvements than any other marker. You can spend a lot making it all mil-sim or tactical, but in the end its like thousands of others who did the same thing.

As for the cyclone breaking, my experience with it is that they tend to break when its cold out, and the user is shooting lots of paint using CO2. Tippmanns aren't quite built like they used to be, they used to work off pure liquid. However, with the use of plastic parts, the pressure of liquid CO2 has a tendency to crack the plastic. It usually the powertube, but cyclone internals aren't that far off.

This post has been edited by Piller: 17 May 2009 - 01:48 PM

Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users