Special Ops Paintball: T9.1 vs K-Series Elite Pro (POST-AFTERMARKET) - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

T9.1 vs K-Series Elite Pro (POST-AFTERMARKET) Looking to get substantial feedback from a sniper-oriented community Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   sieg777 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:23 PM

Hey everyone, looking to get some honest guidance here. I've been out of Scenario/Milsim, or paintball in general for about two years now; previously was a regular at CQB in Toronto. My previous setup was a T68 Gen4 (or 5, can't remember) with a 552. Nothing fancy. Anyway, onto the point of this post.

The two guns I am looking at are the T9.1 and the Milsig K-Series Elite Pro MKII 2012. To eliminate any discussion over certain topics, magazine size does not matter, and also, I will not be using FS rounds - just regular paint. When it comes to just build quality and consistent accuracy, which one of these guns with aftermarket barrels are the most reliable?

I understand that you cannot really "snipe" in paintball, and I am not expecting to shoot across retarded distances, and its more about being concealed, but I want to know which one of these two guns will have the most consistent groupings, and at what range does it start to deteriorate. If you can recommend aftermarket products to enhance the accuracy, please state them here. I am looking to use a 3-9x50 scope on it.

Thanks a ton :]

#2 User is offline   Simmons 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:22 PM

That's an extremely specific question and I don't think you're going to ever get an answer to it. But first, why are you so dead-set on a magazine-fed marker?

Most things that make firearms better make paintball markers worse.

1. Scopes have no place in paintball.

For two reasons: paintballs do not travel that far and paintballs are not that accurate. The term 'paintball sniper' is a marketing ploy that some companies will use to sell you crap. A paintball will travel about 150 feet. Period. Real sniper rifles shoot great distances because of very high muzzle velocities. Paintballs travel between 280 and 300 feet per second, so it will only go so far before it drops to the ground. The biggest factor in accuracy is the quality of paint you shoot. Poor quality paint will not have a consistent size/shape, so each paintball will have a different trajectory. Good quality paint will be consistent. With decent quality paint a good barrel will help a bit, but most of the hype surrounding barrel accuracy are just gimmicks.

2. Magazines will only limit your ammo capacity.

I suppose there's something to be said about removing the hopper as a target, but I get shot more on my body than I do on my gun. Magazine-fed paintball markers are useful for law enforcement training, but are really not practical on a typical paintball field. They greatly limit your ammo capacity and you end up hauling around a bunch of plastic/metal that you really don't need. Magazine-fed markers are designed to look, feel, and operate like real firearms. But they're not. You'll be much better off playing paintball with a marker designed to be a paintball marker.
Work hard. Play hard.

#3 User is offline   redthirst 

• AVOID THE NOID!
  • PipPip
  • Location:The South <-- this used to be more specific... but then somebody snitched on me.
  • Brigade Name:WrightPower

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:38 AM

I don't know if you'll see this since the thread's almost a month old, but here's my 2 cents:

1. If you're not using FS, there's no practical reason to use a mag fed gun over a hopper.
2. If you're not using FS, there's no practical reason to use a scope.
3. Unless one gun is wildly inconsistent over the chrono or has a barrel that's extremely out-of-whack then both guns will shoot roughly the same with the same paint.

Honestly, I don't know why you'd refuse to shoot FS paint - you want a mag fed gun with a scope that's as accurate, consistent, and has the longest effective range possible - you are the epitomy of the target audience.
Masters of awesome whom I don't BOINK with: Montresor, long_baller, JerseyPaint, Deschaine, brokepballer, Frontier Bill, Bookworm, TREE FITTY (he's a zombie), THIS COULD BE YOU!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users