• This topic is locked

Sniper Code A Bible of sorts Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   killamenjaro 

• The Ghillie Man
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:killamenjaro

Posted 21 May 2008 - 02:47 PM

I've been thinking, ever since I saw the the post "Snipers Creed" why not a snipers code almost like guidelines or a bible of sorts. What I ask of you snipers to think long and hard of something that outlines what a sniper is I have two "Ezekiels" kinda that I hope kinda give you an Idea, Once i get enough, I am planning on putting them all together and getting it published, please if they are qoutes, give me a full citiation.

Well here they are.

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

"Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall wear no metals and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that gaurds the weak. I pledge my life and honor to the Nights Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."
"Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war" -William Shakespeare

#2 User is offline   Marine Scout Sniper 

• Digitaly Sniping one shot at a time
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:scoutsniper777

Posted 21 May 2008 - 06:18 PM

View Postkillamenjaro, on May 21 2008, 04:47 PM, said:

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

Nice job. That's King James Version, book of Ezekiel 25:17 as quoted from Pulp Fiction by Samuel L. Jackson's character after eating the "Big Kahuna Burger".

Praise and Complaint Dept. (feedback) Digitally Dangerous [Cocker Owner #77] A5 RT Operator

#3 User is offline   General Biggles 

• The Horde Consumes... And You're Next.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:General Biggles

Posted 21 May 2008 - 06:21 PM

Suffice it to say. God was a Badbutt. B)
What is best in life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women.

#4 User is offline   -SMITTY- 

• one of the original 27,731 members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-SMITTY-

Posted 21 May 2008 - 06:22 PM

So do you want quotes kinda like the ones you gave, or just anything about what a paintball sniper is all about?

#5 User is offline   oerllikon 

• All closed bolt.... Awwww yeeaah
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SIA5 Dagger

Posted 21 May 2008 - 06:33 PM

i know a pulp fiction quote when i see one

#6 User is offline   agurish 

• Team Member: Exiled Souls
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:AGURISH

Posted 22 May 2008 - 11:00 AM

Check the biblical reference first though gents... Ezekiel 25:17 (from the KJV) actually reads:

25:17 - And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I [am] the LORD, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them.

So while not everything in the whole movie quote is biblical, some of it is paraphrased, but it all sounds kick-butt, so run with it anyways.

-AGURISH
My Feedback Thread
Need a fan in your mask? Click Me!
Death Before Dishonor
Beware of Scammers in Renton, Washington

A liberal CNN reporter once asked a Marine sniper "What do you feel when you shoot your target?" The sniper shrugged and responded matter-of-factly, "Recoil."

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users