• You cannot reply to this topic

MR2 longbow? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Skinny White 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Skinny White

Posted 01 April 2008 - 11:25 PM

ive been looking for something similar to the longbow kit for the MR2. might there possibly be a kit in the making or any way of rigging one up to make it work? if not, is there anything similar to this other then the Q-Loader system? i like that kit a lot but i have heard how loud it is, and i dont want to put something on my gun that is going to give my position away like that would...

thanks.

#2 User is offline   JackRock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JackRock

Posted 02 April 2008 - 11:22 AM

Last time I spoke with SpecOps people, they had no plans to make he longbow for any other kits, though, I'd love to see one for the Spyder.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless. I must type my sig true. I must spell better than my enemy who is trying to judge me. I must type before he ridicules me. I WILL... My sig and I know that what counts in this forum is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the splatter we make. We know that it is the hits that count. WE WILL HIT... Before the Admins, I swear this creed. My sig and myself are the defenders of my forum. We are the masters of our enemy. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY PROFILE. - Tippmann Owner #pi

#3 User is offline   artillerist90 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:artillerist90

Posted 02 April 2008 - 01:46 PM

Using or referencing the words "Qloader" and "loud" in the same sentence is straight blasphemy son. Unless you were referring to something else and I missed it.

This post has been edited by artillerist90: 02 April 2008 - 01:49 PM

phoom...phoom, phoom...phoom, phoom, phoom...PHANTOM.

#4 User is offline   JackRock 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 April 2008 - 01:51 PM

Yeah, the Q-Loader is definitely not loud, so I'm not sure what you've been hearing. And the only alternatives to the q-loader that I know of are a regular hopper, or a Tact-mark or Tiberius magazine, but those are marker-specific and cannot be used on any but their own markers.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless. I must type my sig true. I must spell better than my enemy who is trying to judge me. I must type before he ridicules me. I WILL... My sig and I know that what counts in this forum is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the splatter we make. We know that it is the hits that count. WE WILL HIT... Before the Admins, I swear this creed. My sig and myself are the defenders of my forum. We are the masters of our enemy. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY PROFILE. - Tippmann Owner #pi

#5 User is offline   -SMITTY- 

• one of the original 27,731 members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-SMITTY-

Posted 02 April 2008 - 02:03 PM

without some serious modding, you couldnt do it. Longbow system needs a vert feed. there is a guy who longbowed an A5 though, see if you can find out how he did it...

#6 User is offline   JackRock 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 April 2008 - 02:13 PM

View Post-SMITTY-, on Apr 2 2008, 03:03 PM, said:

without some serious modding, you couldnt do it. Longbow system needs a vert feed. there is a guy who longbowed an A5 though, see if you can find out how he did it...

If I'm thinking of the same one, he custom milled a longbow mag adapter that fit on to the cyclone attachment points, and fed "into" the finger on the right receiver half. The mag ran forward, along the right side of the barrel, instead of on top.

#7 User is offline   Skinny White 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 02 April 2008 - 05:29 PM

is there a reason you cant just mount the longbow kit off the horizontal feed neck? or off an elbow?

and do either of you (or anyone else) have a link or pics of that A5? i would like to see that!

#8 User is offline   Tenacious221 

• ELITE Member, now with matching elite patch!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Tenacious221

Posted 02 April 2008 - 05:33 PM

View PostJackRock, on Apr 2 2008, 04:13 PM, said:

If I'm thinking of the same one, he custom milled a longbow mag adapter that fit on to the cyclone attachment points, and fed "into" the finger on the right receiver half. The mag ran forward, along the right side of the barrel, instead of on top.

Cut the finger off...it ran backwards...the mag receiver already has something to guide the balls.

As for your MR...I'm just gonna say it'd be easier to use the MR1 because it's already got weaver rails...all you'd have to do is mill a new vertical hole, and patch up the old hole.

-Tenacious

#9 User is offline   Skinny White 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 02 April 2008 - 05:45 PM

the MR2 also has weaver rails on the top of the gun, under the carry handle. so might you just be able to mount a qloader to the MR2 just like you would an MR1?

and as for my comment about how much noise they make... i take that back. i was just checking out some videos on youtube, and none of those guns seemed to be making as much (if any) noise as the one i heard.

#10 User is offline   -SMITTY- 

• one of the original 27,731 members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-SMITTY-

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:15 PM

Qloaders are very quiet B) . The reason you cant mount a longbow system on an offset feedneck, or an elbow with modifications is becausse the longbow receiver mounts on a weaver rail.
EDIT: you shouldnt have much trouble mounting a Q on the MR2. I think they make an adapter kit for it. check Q loaders website. (www.qloader.com)

This post has been edited by -SMITTY-: 02 April 2008 - 07:18 PM

#11 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 April 2008 - 09:59 PM

View PostJackRock, on Apr 2 2008, 02:13 PM, said:

The A5 that you two are discussing about is Coroner's Custom Dragunov A5.

View PostSkinny White, on Apr 2 2008, 05:29 PM, said:

is there a reason you cant just mount the longbow kit off the horizontal feed neck? or off an elbow?

and do either of you (or anyone else) have a link or pics of that A5? i would like to see that!

It can be done, but it would take some serious Modding and using simple Tools like a Dremel is not going to cut it.

As for the Pic of the A5, PM Coroner...he might still have it or look in the Tippmann Picture Thread.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users