• You cannot reply to this topic

Tippmann Makes a deal with HK ya.. really.. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 27 August 2010 - 01:40 PM

just saw it on facebook.

We wanted to let all our fans know that Tippmann Sports just finalized an agreement with Umarex, the worldwide exclusive Heckler & Koch (H&K) licensee for paintball products. Under terms of the deal, Tippmann and its customers will be able to offer paintball accessories bearing the official names and authentic looks of popular H&K mod...els, including the MP5, G36 and UMP. The greatest impact from this new partnership with H&K will be evident on our popular X7 platform, where we will continue to offer various H&K looks, which will allow the X7 to maintain its status as the most customizable paintball marker in the world. To check out all the X7 Phenom options, go to our fast growing e-commerce site at http://bit.ly/FB_X7Phenom and watch for more exciting news soon.

Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#2 User is offline   Spitfire151 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 27 August 2010 - 02:02 PM

NO NO NO.....NOOOOOO.

However, I can not blame H & K for seeking legal action...but still this overly cheapens the marker in my opinion...I'd really rather not be carrying a miniature billboard. And extra glad I got my Phenom prior to this.

This post has been edited by Spitfire151: 27 August 2010 - 02:07 PM

SpecOps Feedback
SpecOps Products owned: Scout Vest; Two Custom Vests; Collapsable Pod Loader; Allied and Axis Bandanas; Remote Line and Hopper covers.
Reviews: Spec Ops Custom Vest
Mods: Minor Mask Mod

#3 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 27 August 2010 - 02:26 PM

View PostSpitfire151, on 27 August 2010 - 04:02 PM, said:

NO NO NO.....NOOOOOO.

However, I can not blame H & K for seeking legal action...but still this overly cheapens the marker in my opinion...I'd really rather not be carrying a miniature billboard. And extra glad I got my Phenom prior to this.

i think its just a deal that allows tippmann to put out kits that make the marker look like a mp5, g36c ect.

Posted Image
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#4 User is offline   laxkid101 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:laxkid101

Posted 27 August 2010 - 02:48 PM

they already put out those kits, the "x36" is a g36, and the "x5" is an mp5... just without logos basically. I'm sure H&K/Umarex threatened a lawsuit. It wouldn't be the first time H&K filed a lawsuit against a paintball company. (BT with the TM7)
Ions: Great guns, until they break...

I'm 13 and I pay for my own equipment!

Part time paintballer, part time laxer.

#5 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 28 August 2010 - 11:55 AM

Amm, yeah dude. They filed a lawsuit against Tippmann the same time they did the BT one. Basically they told the paintball industry "If you're going to make stuff that looks like ours, then you're going to throw our logo on it and give us a cut. Or you're not making it at all."
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#6 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 28 August 2010 - 12:31 PM

Basically the same message as Pirate sends out to people that type in his font color. :)

#7 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 28 August 2010 - 12:33 PM

Ugh it's so greedy ... I mean honestly, how much money could they possibly be making compared to selling the actual weapons worldwide? Sheesh. How many wars are being fought right now? How many tactical units and police services use these types of weapons? -_-

#8 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 August 2010 - 01:10 PM

View Postcdrinkh20, on 28 August 2010 - 02:33 PM, said:

Ugh it's so greedy ...

No, it's not. It's cutthroat but good business.

If people are willing to do that to sell likeness of your product, good for you to charge for it if you legally can.

I mean honestly, how much money could they possibly be making compared to selling the actual weapons worldwide? Sheesh. How many wars are being fought right now? How many tactical units and police services use these types of weapons? -_-

Money is money.

And every major conflict in the world, right now, is primarily fought with weapons made by companies other than H&K. Most of the weapons in the wars of the world today were made by the Soviet Union or another ComBloc nation. The next biggest contributor to worldwide weapons at war is FN (who makes nearly everything the US uses in any quantity, from M240s and M249s to the licensed M4s our troops see these days)
Member of Team Akkadian

#9 User is offline   town saber 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:hicksniper

Posted 28 August 2010 - 08:30 PM

they better make an HK21 mod or this deal is pointless
official sabre recognition group # 156,

if we cant do it it dosent need to be done...

when in doubt...RUSH!!!

#10 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2010 - 02:21 PM

View PostThalion, on 28 August 2010 - 04:10 PM, said:

View Postcdrinkh20, on 28 August 2010 - 02:33 PM, said:

Ugh it's so greedy ...

No, it's not. It's cutthroat but good business.

If people are willing to do that to sell likeness of your product, good for you to charge for it if you legally can.

I mean honestly, how much money could they possibly be making compared to selling the actual weapons worldwide? Sheesh. How many wars are being fought right now? How many tactical units and police services use these types of weapons? -_-

Money is money.

And every major conflict in the world, right now, is primarily fought with weapons made by companies other than H&K. Most of the weapons in the wars of the world today were made by the Soviet Union or another ComBloc nation. The next biggest contributor to worldwide weapons at war is FN (who makes nearly everything the US uses in any quantity, from M240s and M249s to the licensed M4s our troops see these days)

If I was in their position, I would probably be doing the same thing. Let's face it, they went through a bunch of R&D to bring these guns into existence. I don't blame them for wanting royalties for things that they created.

Let's think about this in musical terms, because that's just the way I think:
If I write a song, and someone takes it and plays it. I get royalties, because they are making money off of something that I created. Just the way the world goes round.

If Anything, this might be a good thing for Tippmann, they may be able to bring out more mods this way!
Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users