• You cannot reply to this topic

Virture visible-beam Eyes for Ions

#1 User is online   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 24 March 2009 - 10:46 AM

So I bought this only because the old eye in my Ion broke...after 3 years, the connector finally broke on the stock eyes.

Theres not a whole lot to say...which in my mind is a good thing. This is the kind of product where if its working right you'll never even know its there.
The unit installed fairly easily, although its sized a bit larger than the stock eyes...which can be a bit alarming as you have to bend the diodes back slightly to fit. Other than that no problems, works fine with the stock Ion board as well.
The visible beam is a neat gimmick...cant figure out how this makes the eyes actually work any better than non-visible beam models, but it is cool to look down the feedneck & actually see the beam indicating the eyes are active. Available in several beam colors - red, blue & green (I got the green). Played a full day with no breaks, jams, or other mishaps.
Overall I give it a 4.5 out of 5...this product works exactly as advertised, ansd seems like a slight improvement over the stock eyes. At 24.95, its slightly cheaper than the stock eyes directly from SP so its a bargain. I wouldnt bother with this kind of upgrade for its own sake, but if you actually NEED to replace the eyes in your Ion, replace 'em with this.

Attached File(s)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users