Special Ops Paintball: Smoking on fields - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Smoking on fields

Poll: Smoking on the fields (39 member(s) have cast votes)

How often do you see someone smoking with their mask off on the field

1. Never (32 votes [82.05%])

Percentage of vote: 82.05%

2. All the time (2 votes [5.13%])

Percentage of vote: 5.13%

3. once in a while (5 votes [12.82%])

Percentage of vote: 12.82%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 User is offline   Mike68 

• "Have a sense of preservation!"
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 July 2010 - 12:41 PM

Closest I've ever seen to someone smoking on field is a guy running around in a top hat, clutching an unlit cigar in his left hand and a Tac 8 in his right. It was a WWII scenerio, he was Winston Churchill. :facepalm:

But yeah. I smoke in the staging area, but never on field. I don't know anyone that is so addicted to cigarettes they need to have one in the middle of a paintball game.
"My greatest fear is that when I die, no one will remember me."

-Some dead guy

#17 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 18 July 2010 - 09:44 PM

View PostDark Shadow Hunter, on 13 April 2010 - 10:08 AM, said:

MDK that would be a JT Pro-flex more than likely.

Or the Flex 7. That's what I have.
One game, my role-player card (I volunteered for the role) said 'Easily recognizable by his trademark cigar'. I decided that was important, and immediate when down to the gas station near the field and bought a few Swishers (since I was just gonna be chewing them, I wanted some flavors). Wore my Flex-7 with the bottom flipped up and cigar sticking out all weekend. For the final battle, I actually had a legit cigar in (Cheaper Romeo y Julieta) and lit it. At one point, I was in a bunker, and stopped for a little smoke break (the bunker was getting hammered by paint, so I just chilled). Some guy runs up to the bunker, slides in, then starts complaining about my smoke. I was like 'Dude, I was here first. If you don't like it, go to another bunker.'

Best part was when some little kid asked what I was doing with the cigar. I told him "I'm making a smoke screen."

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#18 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:03 AM

View PostPirate, on 18 July 2010 - 11:44 PM, said:

One game, my role-player card (I volunteered for the role) said 'Easily recognizable by his trademark cigar'. I decided that was important, and immediate when down to the gas station near the field and bought a few Swishers (since I was just gonna be chewing them, I wanted some flavors). Wore my Flex-7 with the bottom flipped up and cigar sticking out all weekend. For the final battle, I actually had a legit cigar in (Cheaper Romeo y Julieta) and lit it. At one point, I was in a bunker, and stopped for a little smoke break (the bunker was getting hammered by paint, so I just chilled). Some guy runs up to the bunker, slides in, then starts complaining about my smoke. I was like 'Dude, I was here first. If you don't like it, go to another bunker.'

Best part was when some little kid asked what I was doing with the cigar. I told him "I'm making a smoke screen."

AHAHAHAHAHAHA now thats funny!
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#19 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:46 PM

i drilled a hole in my headshield (only wear it while playing as hammer) for a black and mild. cigarettes are a nuisance with masks. they burn fast ans scorch the plastic. the black gives you like 20 minutes of nicotine fix without fumbling around.

i actually had a few newbies at a scenario come up to me while i was guarding a base and tell me second hand smoke was worse than first hand. i took a HUGE drag and blew it out, then said "then im glad i made the right choice". i dont think they were willing to argue with someone carrying a DT and an attitude. lol. now if i get my own tank i'm gonna mount a hookah in it and smoke while i drive it around and shoot at people. it'll stay lit for like an hour, tastes better than cigarettes, and smells better. (and im talking tobacco, not cigaweed)

personally i think if you've got the need to smoke on field without moving your mask off your eyes, go for it. maybe you'll get lucky and ash on a sniper. :huh:

This post has been edited by Iron__Man: 24 July 2010 - 09:49 PM

Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#20 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:38 PM

View PostThumper113, on 19 July 2010 - 03:03 AM, said:

View PostPirate, on 18 July 2010 - 11:44 PM, said:

AHAHAHAHAHAHA now thats funny!

friggin hilarious

View PostIron__Man, on 25 July 2010 - 12:46 AM, said:

i drilled a hole in my headshield (only wear it while playing as hammer) for a black and mild. cigarettes are a nuisance with masks. they burn fast ans scorch the plastic. the black gives you like 20 minutes of nicotine fix without fumbling around.

i actually had a few newbies at a scenario come up to me while i was guarding a base and tell me second hand smoke was worse than first hand. i took a HUGE drag and blew it out, then said "then im glad i made the right choice". i dont think they were willing to argue with someone carrying a DT and an attitude. lol. now if i get my own tank i'm gonna mount a hookah in it and smoke while i drive it around and shoot at people. it'll stay lit for like an hour, tastes better than cigarettes, and smells better. (and im talking tobacco, not cigaweed)

personally i think if you've got the need to smoke on field without moving your mask off your eyes, go for it. maybe you'll get lucky and ash on a sniper. :P

hahahah .... people will think its on fire or somethin and come runnin out of the woodwork trying to help you ... then you can just light em up ( pardoon the pun ) ... hahahaha

#21 User is offline   DawnnaDukes 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Stryker Brigade

Posted 20 June 2011 - 01:24 AM

I am not in support with smoking whether it is at plying or walking. It is injurious to health. I will frankly suggest to the chain smoker that they must try to leave smoking for their good health.
Life is a game.

#22 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHIPWRECK!

Posted 20 June 2011 - 01:28 AM

I have a friend who drilled a hole in his mask so he could smoke in game.
"If they wanna be asinine about this, we'll just be asinine right back."
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#23 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• I am Become Death, Squeegier of Worlds.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BattleSpam

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:38 AM

for rec play, smoke off the field. If you cannot go 10-15 min without smoking.... yeah. Now for scenario games where you are on the field all day, i can see problems. Deadzones i guess, but I can agree with a field owner who prohibits smoking on the field. Parents see their kids playing around second hand smoke is not good for business. I'm a smoker myself, but adrenaline of being shot at beats out the nicotine fix, so i don't need to smoke on the field.
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Paintball Sniper has already done the first step: convince you they don't exist.
Allied Superior Meritorious Service Medal recipient: D-Day 2008
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#24 User is offline   Madbubba 

• The medic with the spiked mask.
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:madbubba

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:09 PM

i've seen a mask with a metal tube fixed in the mouth area of a mask. guy smoked on field the whole scenario!

#25 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 21 July 2011 - 03:04 PM

Voted, but I don't smoke anyway so expect it to be biased. :D

And who cares, they are killing themselves anyway why not mess up their face/teeth :dodgy:

And madbub, that wouldn't be a good idea with the proflex's at all.

This post has been edited by shadow_772: 21 July 2011 - 03:04 PM

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users