scenario #1a From thevirginian Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   thevirginian 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:thevirginian

Posted 20 January 2009 - 07:45 AM

well, lets try it.
You have a five man fire team, including yourself. They are a team that has worked together before. Your playing a walk on game, ten verses ten. The other five members of your side are all walk ons. They are people you've never played with before. They may be good, they may not. But they will not take orders from you. Or maybe they will. The point is, you can try, but they may be noobs and just run for the first piece of cover they can find and sit. The opfor is similarly unknown. They could have a good team, they could all be disorganized. The objective is elimination. The field layout is one main trail running more or less down the middle of a lightly wooded area, approximately 300 yrds by 100 yrds. There are some pallet bunkers located at random places along the trail. All other cover is natural, eg trees, some small brush areas. The equipment is just standard weekend warior sort of paintball gear, eg no 'nades. Just markers.
what would you command your group to do?
When you call me that, smile.

#2 User is offline   Formidable Fox 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 20 January 2009 - 12:23 PM

I would lead my fire team up the middle to inspire the walk on players. When they move in behind us I will split up my fire team to take flanking maneuvers to take out bunkered opfor. I know it's not that tactically smart to go up the middle with no strategy but at least it's somethin to get the walk-ons to follow. I would love to see someone elses idea for this (I'm not being sarcastic).
"Do to others as you would have them do to you." Luke 6:31

#3 User is offline   Damifino 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:NEOG Outlaws

Posted 25 January 2009 - 06:30 AM

I would divide the noobs up 2-3 and my team up 2-3, and put noobs with seasoned players. The A-team would go up the trail to engagement. The B-team would sweep to the left up the boundary line to try and get behind the fire fight, or try to flank the enemy.

Depending on the actual terrain i might take the right boundary line instead of the left.

This post has been edited by Damifino: 25 January 2009 - 06:33 AM

If you aren't living on the edge, then you are taking up too much room.
http://midhudsonvalleywoodspaintballers.freeforums.org/

#4 User is offline   No Quarter 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Northwest Brigade ( Idaho )

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:34 AM

I'd leave the walk-ons to their own fate, and take my team down one of the sides in a strong side flank maneuver. Chances are the other team is not going to be too organized, so a well organized 5 man team who knows what they are doing should be able to wreak a lot of havoc on them.
IPB Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users