• You cannot reply to this topic

Actual BPS did some testing Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Sheriff Matt 

• GI Matt
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Sheriff_Matt

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:49 PM

I've got half my rig so far(wont get the other half till tuesday because of the holiday :laugh: ), which is basically just an A-5 with the brackets and mounting hardware and one of the cranks. I decided to try out just the one A-5 with the crank and see how fast the chrono says it's going and the fastest I could get it up to was 11. I was cranking that thing as fast as I could and it sounded a whole lot faster than that...but 11 BPS was the highest I got it to read.

Does anyone else have this problem? I'm trying to figure out how you guys can get up to 13 BPS let alone 15+ with the cranks. Maybe there's something I'm missing, or I'm not doing it right...I don't know.

Anyway...on a side note...I don't even have the thing done yet and I'm already trying to figure out how much it would take to make it a triple setup...it's a sad thing...I guess once you start down the road of overkill it's a long, steep, downhill journey.

#2 User is offline   DOC92 

• Quadzilla not gojira
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DOC

Posted 21 January 2008 - 09:42 PM

Spinning the crank fast takes a bit of practice. My DoubleTrouble kit in the pics on the site has over 250 cases through it. And I'm still on the original cranks!! I've gone through a pile of cyclone parts. :ghillie: Now use techt. Look in the videos topic for my "ramp-up" and "FreeFinale charge" videos. The ramp-up video hits 32bps. As with a few other things I've read about, it's all in the wrist....

Crank speed is also improved if your A5 trigger spring is "broken-in". New trigger springs cause a bit more resistance on the cranks.

If the DoubleTrouble is mounted securely, either on a tripod or on the player, the DT won't wobble as much and will make the cranks easier to turn.
32bps+8hours+12cases=MMG http://doubletrouble.21.forumer.com/ My tech guy: DoubleTrouble2

#3 User is offline   Sheriff Matt 

• GI Matt
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2008 - 10:49 PM

View PostDOC92, on Jan 21 2008, 10:42 PM, said:

Spinning the crank fast takes a bit of practice. My DoubleTrouble kit in the pics on the site has over 250 cases through it. And I'm still on the original cranks!! I've gone through a pile of cyclone parts. :laugh: Now use techt. Look in the videos topic for my "ramp-up" and "FreeFinale charge" videos. The ramp-up video hits 32bps. As with a few other things I've read about, it's all in the wrist....

Crank speed is also improved if your A5 trigger spring is "broken-in". New trigger springs cause a bit more resistance on the cranks.

If the DoubleTrouble is mounted securely, either on a tripod or on the player, the DT won't wobble as much and will make the cranks easier to turn.

Thanks for the tips! I'll keep it in mind. The rest of my kit should arrive tommorow after the USPS is done holding it hostage for the weekend.

#4 User is offline   RogueShooter 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:roguefaktion

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:18 AM

Yeah I found it a little tricky to get the most speed out of the crank. To me, it almost seems as if you have to crank a little slower than your maximum speed to be able to get the max ROF... It kind of annoyed me how inconsistent the cranks seemed to be which is why i slapped on two egrips and set them to 15 bps ramping where allowed...
"Use humility to make the enemy haughty. Tire them by flight. Cause division among them. When they are unprepared, attack and make your move when they do not expect it." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Jay, AKA Rogue... Chairman, Imminent Threat Scenario Paintball Team Proudly Sponsored By Urban Ops Paintball and Cousin's Paintball NJ

#5 User is offline   Sheriff Matt 

• GI Matt
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:27 PM

Well...I was thinking to myself "Matt...it sure does sound like that thing is pulling the trigger faster than the chrono was reading." so I decided to do a bit of a test. I recorded a short video to catch the audio(clicks) of the crank pulling the trigger. After I loaded it into vegas I enlarged the timeline enough to clearly see each click of the trigger, and I counted each one in every second. I recorded about 11 seconds worth of cranking and it was a consistent 17 BPS with a few peaks at 20-21. This was about how fast I had been cranking at the chrono last saturday so now I'm wondering what's going on. I think my cyclone feed is having a bit of a hard time keeping up. I was using co2 at the time...the bottom was vertical, and I was using a remote coil..I didn't think it would give me that much of a problem, so I don't know if it was the gas. Maybe I have a blockage or obstruction in the airline running to the cyclone feed?

#6 User is offline   phantom in the mist 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 24 January 2008 - 12:03 PM

View PostSheriff Matt, on Jan 22 2008, 10:27 PM, said:

Well...I was thinking to myself "Matt...it sure does sound like that thing is pulling the trigger faster than the chrono was reading." so I decided to do a bit of a test. I recorded a short video to catch the audio(clicks) of the crank pulling the trigger. After I loaded it into vegas I enlarged the timeline enough to clearly see each click of the trigger, and I counted each one in every second. I recorded about 11 seconds worth of cranking and it was a consistent 17 BPS with a few peaks at 20-21. This was about how fast I had been cranking at the chrono last saturday so now I'm wondering what's going on. I think my cyclone feed is having a bit of a hard time keeping up. I was using co2 at the time...the bottom was vertical, and I was using a remote coil..I didn't think it would give me that much of a problem, so I don't know if it was the gas. Maybe I have a blockage or obstruction in the airline running to the cyclone feed?

Just To clarify... the trigger is bein pulled but the cyclone isnt loading fast enough? Have you upgraded the cyclone any? If not try gettin the TechT upgrades. (TechT Quick Exaust Piston Housing, TechT Lightning Rod, and the Vortex upgrade).

Just my 2 cents... that i shouldve used to buy paint.

-Phantom
HAMMER MOTTOS
1 case, 1 kill. - We spray, they pray. - We play Hammer... AND WE MAKE IT RAIN!

#7 User is offline   Sheriff Matt 

• GI Matt
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2008 - 06:04 PM

View Postphantom in the mist, on Jan 24 2008, 01:03 PM, said:

Just To clarify... the trigger is bein pulled but the cyclone isnt loading fast enough? Have you upgraded the cyclone any? If not try gettin the TechT upgrades. (TechT Quick Exaust Piston Housing, TechT Lightning Rod, and the Vortex upgrade).

Just my 2 cents... that i shouldve used to buy paint.

-Phantom

Well, I'll have to test it a little bit more before I say for sure that's the problem. I finally got the rig together today and everything is working properly, I just have to air it up and give a rip. I'll probably wait until tommorow to test it out though(it's snowing pretty hard out right now).

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users