• Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Bobbjoe

Posted 06 October 2007 - 04:29 PM

View Postlight-u-up, on Oct 6 2007, 05:48 PM, said:

View PostOrpackrat, on Oct 6 2007, 05:55 PM, said:

View PostTippyFreak, on Oct 6 2007, 02:40 PM, said:

View PostOrpackrat, on Oct 6 2007, 02:12 PM, said:

View Postlight-u-up, on Oct 6 2007, 01:15 PM, said:

A 3" barrel isn't going to make the paintball come out less than 300fps. 300FPS is 300FPS.

The shorter the barrel the less space the paintball has to accelerate to full speed so you need to fire the paintball with more power so it can reach normal velocity before exiting the barrel. A 3" barrel isn't as bad but a 1.5" barrel needs the velocity turned fully up for 300FPS. 300FPS on one of these short barrels = 350+FPS on a regular barrel.

where did you hear that ??? :laugh:

Where did I hear it? Did not need to hear it, we tested it before a game. Same results from a LAW, shortening the barrel = less range and speed, lengthening the barrel = greater range and speed (but there is a limit to how long a barrel can be before it takes away speed and range). To get the same range from the short barrel as the long, a grater volume of air is needer.

lmao, try searching some threads on here.

His state ment is partialy true. As the barrel is shortened, the speed a which a ball travels at a set amount of a air released is greater than a longer barrel powered by the same blast. Barrel lenght = friction. Friction = speed decrease.

I Choose not to Conform to the Stereotypical Conformities that Stereotypical Conformative Society Conforms to.
What now?

#17 User is offline   Ryan J. 

• Life begins at the break and ends at the 50.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TheJudge411

Posted 06 October 2007 - 04:35 PM

I put the virtue chip in my VLocity today and shot my closer at 32bps. A woodsballer goes full auto just takes the fun out of it. I said come over here as i swicthed my gun into semi and shot a good 19bps for him. No woodsballers tried playing speedball that day. Normally they do.

.......But i dont try to intimidate noobs, only people i love to scare are people whos moms, or grandmothers pay for EVERYTHING they have and use. Theres this one fat little spolied kid at my field whos Gma bought him a brand new 07 ego new pants jersey gloves and mask to match and everything for his b-day. I had to teach him how to click the bolt into the rammer. I told him flat out "you dont deseve this gun" and started walking away with it. I gave it to our store owner (whos mad cool) and i said PLEASE BUY IT BACK FROM HIM!!!! People like that i love to see crap their pants when a good player is shooting 32bps at him. And thats the only time i would shoot that fast at someone.

#18 User is offline   Tots 

• Yup, thats me ^
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:whitefox2474

Posted 06 October 2007 - 04:44 PM

View PostRyan J., on Oct 6 2007, 06:35 PM, said:

I put the virtue chip in my VLocity today and shot my closer at 32bps. A woodsballer goes full auto just takes the fun out of it. I said come over here as i swicthed my gun into semi and shot a good 19bps for him. No woodsballers tried playing speedball that day. Normally they do.

.......But i dont try to intimidate noobs, only people i love to scare are people whos moms, or grandmothers pay for EVERYTHING they have and use. Theres this one fat little spolied kid at my field whos Gma bought him a brand new 07 ego new pants jersey gloves and mask to match and everything for his b-day. I had to teach him how to click the bolt into the rammer. I told him flat out "you dont deseve this gun" and started walking away with it. I gave it to our store owner (whos mad cool) and i said PLEASE BUY IT BACK FROM HIM!!!! People like that i love to see crap their pants when a good player is shooting 32bps at him. And thats the only time i would shoot that fast at someone.

I....love.....doing.....that....

I hate it when people don't work for their stuff. I had to work 2 years to afford my 1400$$ setup (hey I'm a teen and was without a job, what was I supposed to do?). And now that I play/buy things with my own money, it's a good feeling.

#19 User is offline   OmgItsAFire 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 06 October 2007 - 05:27 PM

View Postpaintslinger99, on Oct 6 2007, 06:25 PM, said:

funny story about this. i put my moms super stock on ramp (ramping on sundays) and i went to chrono it for her. i shot off about 30 rounds and this noob looks at me and says "dang i wouldnt want to play against you" i said "this is my moms gun." look on his face (or his eyes through the mask) was PRICELESS!

I wish I was there... really bad.

#20 User is offline   death's assailant 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:snipachibi

Posted 06 October 2007 - 05:52 PM

im a noob i was just bored and thought of a cool way to carry gear and had nothing better to do. heck i havent even started paintball. im not gonna start for like six months till i can save of 900 bucks for my equipment

9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. If your one who stayed true to metal put this in your sig.

#21 User is offline   Epic Change 

• XAPB.com
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2007 - 06:29 PM

Hey. How about helping them and not scare them away from this great sport? Take them under your wing and help them out. Be there bigger brother for a day. They will definitely come back to play and more people the better. So next time instead of being a jerk and trying to scare them. How about help them. Think about it.

Fv2
Hello everybody. Im back.

#22 User is offline   Oni Kuro 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Oni Kuro

Posted 06 October 2007 - 06:30 PM

tell the newbie to read the whiteboard and then tell that what the refs do to the players in the comic is true
help oni trade up to a paint gun? Trade up please help

#23 User is offline   Oblivious 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Oblivious

Post icon  Posted 06 October 2007 - 06:47 PM

The best way to scare newbs... is to do really good each game and be respectful, then come and play on the opposite team of them.

#24 User is offline   death's assailant 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:snipachibi

Posted 06 October 2007 - 08:03 PM

jeez i was joking and how could i teach them anything i havent even started paintball yet and considering that wouldnt that make me even worse than a noob

9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. If your one who stayed true to metal put this in your sig.

#25 User is offline   SKC 

• So Others May Live.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SKC 1.5

Posted 06 October 2007 - 09:07 PM

you nooblet!!! :P
I proudly endorse:
Bob Long Markers - Empire Loaders and Apparel- Hybrid Apparel - Ninja Air Systems - VForce Masks

U.S. Navy AIRR

#26 User is offline   French 

• Group:Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QC MAD KID

Posted 06 October 2007 - 11:25 PM

View PostTots, on Oct 6 2007, 03:44 PM, said:

View PostRyan J., on Oct 6 2007, 06:35 PM, said:

I....love.....doing.....that....

I hate it when people don't work for their stuff. I had to work 2 years to afford my 1400$$ setup (hey I'm a teen and was without a job, what was I supposed to do?). And now that I play/buy things with my own money, it's a good feeling.

indeed me too except my dad pay first i pay him back

View PostJK, on Oct 6 2007, 05:29 PM, said:

Hey. How about helping them and not scare them away from this great sport? Take them under your wing and help them out. Be there bigger brother for a day. They will definitely come back to play and more people the better. So next time instead of being a jerk and trying to scare them. How about help them. Think about it.

Fv2

im scaring noobs not newbies there is a difference i helped the new player but the stubborn spoilled brat BOINK them
INFLUENCE 09 Vaughan Vipers RXL 2k10
WARNING HEAVY METAL click me /Here my feedback
Tdot feedback Group banned# 13 MCB feedback

#27 User is offline   JKLNHYD 

• OG Newb...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2007 - 11:36 PM

The only way I can AVOID scaring people is to put my mask on. I am naturally intimidating.. :unsure:
My senior member list, Pm me if you think you should be on it. PUZUMA Tyler MurderDeathKill Animal Mother BlackOpsghost Evil Finger Uwannago Weapso Tyger Dr. Wiggy The Stuntman Cops911 Riddick Twistedpsyche Custom Cowboy CamoDeafie Redleg64 ClumsyNinja DigitalPirate Slinkyaroo The Dirty Samurai Neo Enhander AirHOg shadow 772 LONGBOW deltapaintball Styro shadowlord Gunslinger7 Enders War Prodigy evillepaintball Deus Wolf Rifleman ghost93 luke-inator
My New Homie List. PM me
agentM192 nos4atu florentine PhantomAssassin thebostinian T-Freak Ka1iBuR StealingYerMail Not You
My Profile Friend's List, who wants on?
"Calm you down? Done. Enjoy your vacation."- PuzumaClick the link

#28 User is offline   viper_72 

• Death Dealer
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:AgentSmith_72

Posted 07 October 2007 - 12:36 AM

View PostEvil Fingers, on Oct 6 2007, 02:40 PM, said:

Scaring New Players is not the way to Support the Sport of Paintballing, because We/Us paintballers want the Sport to Grow and scaring New Players would make them think that the Idea that Paintballing is not a Fun Sport to Play.

View PostRyan J., on Oct 6 2007, 04:35 PM, said:

That was really funny to read!!! I really hate the VISITORS that get everything handed to them and have no respect or care for their equipment. But in all seriousness, why scare noobs...?! whats the point?! thats just like those poachers that go after all the noobs during a game. If you have to intimidate noobs or go after them, what does it say about your game...?! Thats just really weak in my opinion...
Excerpt from "Invictus" by William Ernest Henley

"In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloodied, but unbowed."

#29 User is offline   Fenix 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 October 2007 - 06:38 AM

I showed up with my stock A5 and they were a bit intimidated by that "cheater gun".
Funny thing was that on that particular day it was a paint mixer and I couldn't hit anything :wub:

98% of people on this forum will say that Tippmann pwns all. If you are one of the 2% that disagrees put this in your sig
Automaggot #116

#30 User is offline   theLizzard 

• I feel loved
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:theLizzard

Posted 07 October 2007 - 10:59 AM

Scaring "noobs"... yeah, that's a productive use of time and money. :dry:

Why not work on your skills so that when the newbies see you play they are awed by your paintballing ability? Why not be that cool person at the field who's always willing to help out the new kids with a technical help or giving them a tip to improve their skills? Why not strive to be that guy that 99% of the players at your field look up to because he's a good player, a good guy and a real asset?
Good luck, Goldy.
ZombieAtak rules.
Z?
"Sometime from now you'll bow to pressure, some things in life you cannot measure by degrees"
"The nerd is an empire..." -Legato

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users