• You cannot reply to this topic

Indoor fun with Vballs Target that will not bust! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Godtoldmeto 

• Dutch Mafia
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Dutch Mafia

Posted 14 December 2006 - 04:22 PM

I am a 26 year old pastor and I did some research about 5 months ago on safe indoor reusable target balls and ended up buying a 100 rounds of vballs and a target just to try them out. Now it is my duty to let all of you woodsballers who just need to shoot their markers indoors especially on those sub-zero Iowa winters.

Here is what I did:
I have a roughly 60 by 25 foot unfinished basement that has an old wooden 3 sided office cubicle in it which seemed like a great safe spot to practice shooting from 20 feet off from a preachers stand that I rigged to craddle my marker.

Here is what I found:
- With my A5A2 with RT on comp. air / J&J ceramic barrel. single shots were quite accurate. Accurate enough to put a vball in a 2 inch by 2 inch circle all of the time. Using the RT the shot spread to a pattern roughly 12 in. round.
- Shooting at the target at a range closer than 10 ft. causes the velcro to not stick.
- Shooting at the provided target without something solid behind it seriously destroys the target causing the stitched seams to rip.
- Shooting at velocity of more than 240 fps causes the fuzzy side of the velcro to peel off the rubber ball but Gorrilla Glue works wonders if you are careful not to get it on the fuzzy side of the velco as to not damage your barrel.
- Didn't have any problems with the balls scratching or wrecking the barrel, cyclone, springs at all! Of course I clean my marker every time I shoot on or off the field.
- THE TARGET THAT THEY SEND WITH THE BALLS SUCKS!

Here is what I did next:
- Didn't have enough fun shooting at just 20 feet. (I mean come on.) I moved all the junk so I could shoot the full length of the basement 60 ft. or 20 yards. Still no long shot by any means but enough to practice snapshots and have a little more fun but the target was pretty much toasted even after sewing it back together a couple of times. So, I made my own target / targets. Here is how:

1. 1/2 plywood cut to whatever shape or size you want. I made mine 2' x 2' because I like the idea of a dart board looking target.

2. Buy enough Velcro brand velcro from the girly craft stores which is usually cheaper than buying it in 3' strips from Walmart. The widest velcro that I could find that I did not have to order off the internet was 2". However, after Googling "Velcro" I found that you could order it in sheets! The possibilities with this are endless.

3. You MUST use 1" thick yellow foam egg-carton mattress bedding to put in between the plywood and the velcro. I tried pretty much everything I could think of that would help make the balls stick and wouldn't break when shot at a lot. Quilt batting, carpet foam... all do not work.

4. Glue foam to wood. Gorrilla glue works best!
5. Sew 2" velcro strips together. Takes a lot of work if you don't have a sewing machine handy.
6. Attach velcro using 5/16th in. apolstery staples.
7. Draw on the velcro whatever pattern you want with a Sharpee marker or if you just have to visit the craft store again now that the clerks know you as the guy who bought 45 feet of velcro you can get some yarn which you sticks to your new vball board like glue.

YOU now are the proud owner of a VBALL target that will not bust!

I made mine to play the baseball dart board game on which is a ton of fun with some of the boys.
I Shoot People in the name of Christian Fellowship!

#2 User is offline   THE MENACE 

• /\ jewish rambo
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:THE MENACE

Posted 17 December 2006 - 09:27 PM

exellent review, man! welcome to the forums.

I'm a gun totin' scripture quotin' truck lovin' war shovin' meat eatin' liberal beatin' CONSERVATIVE!
feedback (+26/-0)---Team Chaotic Paintball is recruiting!!!---Team Chaotic Paintball.com---IMPORTANT INFO

#3 User is offline   usxzbarrel 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:usxzbarrel

Posted 30 December 2006 - 06:30 PM

cool!!!!!!!!!

#4 User is offline   Huff n Puff 

• Elite Sabre
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HUFF N PUFF

Posted 30 December 2006 - 09:38 PM

Good review. I've been looking into getting a set of vballs, and the problems with the target was one of the biggest problems that people complained about. So the instructions for making a target will help me out a lot.
Elite Team 6 Rocks
Fire? Yes Please

#5 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:39 PM

Good review but one other thing I found while using mine is that they are not qloader friendly at all. It will feed the first 4-5 balls and then stop. So if you want to be using a qloader I suggest reballs.

#6 User is offline   Godtoldmeto 

• Dutch Mafia
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Dutch Mafia

Posted 21 January 2007 - 11:11 PM

Attached File  Homemade_VBall_Target.JPG (17.54K)
Number of downloads: 15

Finally got a picture up. In addition to Q-loaders, VBalls do not work with spring fed mag's like that on the Longbow and most pistols.
I Shoot People in the name of Christian Fellowship!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users