• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

StarGate SG - 1 :) Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Silvrdog 

• De dog is in da house...
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 08:49 AM

I liked it, I loved it and I still love it!

I just watched the 1st 2 seasons this past week, (5/7 - 10/7) I got to say that "StarGate SG-"1 is my "Star Trek" I grew up with "StarGate SG-1".
I cannot wait to own all the seasons on DVD. :dry:

I would have to say that on Season 2 of SG-1 that the "Tok'ra Part 1" and "Tok'ra Part 2" are best Episodes for that season except "A Matter of Time"

Any 1 here a fan as well?

Note: I have seen all the Seasons, but not on DVD, I am slowly buying the entire collection.

This post has been edited by Silvrdog: 10 July 2008 - 08:50 AM

They who sacrifice liberty for safety...deserve neither.

~Benjamin Franklin~

People need not fear their Government, but the Government should fear their people.

#2 User is offline   Ashrak 

• Precipice
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 July 2008 - 08:52 AM

What do you think of my name? Does it ring a bell?

I have all the seasons and The Ark of Truth. We just added Stargate: Atlantis Season 4, which we have yet to watch. I have seen all the episodes multiple times, and am a huge fan. As you can tell.
Alea iacta est ~ The board is set, the pieces are moving.
~ Like the leaves of the forest when Summer is green, That host with their banners at sunset were seen:
Like the leaves of the forest when Autumn hath blown, That host on the morrow lay withered and strown. ~ Destruction of Sennacherib

~ Believe me, dear Sir: there is not in the American states a man who more cordially loves a union with his country than I do. But, by the God that made me, I will cease to exist before I yield to a connection on such terms as the United States Congress proposes; and in this, I think I speak the sentiments of America. ~ Thomas Jefferson (modernized)
Summertime Blues

#3 User is offline   MaDuce 

• Grab your gun and bring the cat in.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MaDuce

Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:05 AM

SG-1 was a good show...

...not as good as the X-Files, but nonetheless, a good show. :dry:
"Its very hard to grasp the idea at first but once you accept it, it makes A LOT of sense!" -- Minnesota Sn1p3r on conspiracy theories
"Everyone instantly jumps the conclusion that the government is out to get us." -- SWAT SAINT
"Bad Duce, bad." -- Ace-014
"Good man, Duce, good man." -- Tryon
"Also accepting female snipers." -- Lt.Col.Vortex

#4 User is offline   Painkiller Jane 

• It's a Pirate's life for me!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Painkiller Jane

Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:09 AM

good show... got kinda.... weird there for a bit... but deffinatly good. i watched every episode while i was living with theLizzard and dillz.... took me about 2 or 3 months but yeah... i watched all of sg1 and atlantes

pkj
PBP Pirate Ninja Alliance AGWS!
PKJ + Legato = WAFFLES!!!!!!

[I USE DIRTY WORDS TO BOOST MY SELF ESTEEM] according to Spec Ops Forum

#5 User is offline   MaDuce 

• Grab your gun and bring the cat in.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MaDuce

Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:13 AM

TV shows have two routes they (the writing staff) can take during the course of a show:

1. Stay original and fresh every season.

2. Tell a long, but epic story.

Kudos to SG-1 in their more or less, successful attempt at both.
"Its very hard to grasp the idea at first but once you accept it, it makes A LOT of sense!" -- Minnesota Sn1p3r on conspiracy theories
"Everyone instantly jumps the conclusion that the government is out to get us." -- SWAT SAINT
"Bad Duce, bad." -- Ace-014
"Good man, Duce, good man." -- Tryon
"Also accepting female snipers." -- Lt.Col.Vortex

#6 User is offline   Jungle 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Jungle

Posted 10 July 2008 - 10:23 AM

I grew up with Star Trek but I have to say I liked StarGate SG-1 better. Favorite episodes, "The Other Guys", "Fragile Balance", and "Window of Opportunity". I even had an SG-1 uniform for a costume party last Halloween but I look more like Coombs (The Other Guys) than O'Neill :laugh: . Anyone know where I can pick up a G8-Wep jacket like they wore in the series?
We may throw the dice, but the LORD determines how they fall. Proverbs 16:33

#7 User is offline   dislexiclawyer 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 10 July 2008 - 03:18 PM

I loved SG-1. The only season I own is 10 because I didn't get to see the episodes when they aired. I also need to buy the Ark of Truth because the only version I have seen was missing special effects and on the internet ;) Also Continuum should be sweet! It is too bad Don Davis had to die ;) I would say 200 is my favorite episode of all time, and "Bad Guys" would be runner of for season 10. There are a few other episodes that I will watch no matter what when they are on.

I just recently got into Battlestar Galactica too. Although I tend to like the older seasons with more space battles and such. It seems like it has turned into more of a drama now as opposed to a Sci Fi/ Drama/ Action show. I still like it though.....it fills the void, although there is no Richard Dean Anderson.

#8 User is offline   The Angry Platypus 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 July 2008 - 12:03 AM

Great show, I liked it better before they got that Paul Mitchell guy on though.

This post has been edited by The Angry Platypus: 12 July 2008 - 12:03 AM

Thalassa kai pur kai gune, kaka tria.
To gar hedu, ean polu, ou ti ge hedu.

#9 User is offline   Ashrak 

• Precipice
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 July 2008 - 06:54 AM

^Cameron Mitchell.

aka Shaft.

I like him, though not as much as Jack O'Neill. Remember it's two L's. Can someone name the episode?
Alea iacta est ~ The board is set, the pieces are moving.
~ Like the leaves of the forest when Summer is green, That host with their banners at sunset were seen:
Like the leaves of the forest when Autumn hath blown, That host on the morrow lay withered and strown. ~ Destruction of Sennacherib

~ Believe me, dear Sir: there is not in the American states a man who more cordially loves a union with his country than I do. But, by the God that made me, I will cease to exist before I yield to a connection on such terms as the United States Congress proposes; and in this, I think I speak the sentiments of America. ~ Thomas Jefferson (modernized)
Summertime Blues

#10 User is offline   Shalendar 

• The kittens of my bone marrow are pleased
  • PipPip

Posted 12 July 2008 - 10:32 AM

View PostAshrak, on Jul 12 2008, 08:54 AM, said:

^Cameron Mitchell.

aka Shaft.

I like him, though not as much as Jack O'Neill. Remember it's two L's. Can someone name the episode?

i can't name the episode, but i've seen it. the one where this one guys trying to expose the stargate program.

i have seasons 1-4, we're slowly buying them up. and i have my DVR set to record about 3 per week.
Window of Opportunity is, without a doubt, one of the best episodes.

Edit: Urgo, and 1969 are really funny too.

This post has been edited by Shalendar: 12 July 2008 - 10:47 AM

"thats my goal, get sigged by everybody on the forums" - Spades -- "who knows when I'll need a barrel in my ASA?" - MIR Sniper
3 types of people in the world: Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs. I am a Sheepdog. -- My feedback (+3/-0)

#11 User is offline   jag06 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:jag06

Posted 12 July 2008 - 01:17 PM

I have seen every episode and there is a good chance we have all of them on tape, we tape them every week. Loved Ark of Truth, cant wait for continuum. Have watched every episode of Atlantis since the pilot. Loved episodes Urgo, the 100th episode but I dont remember the name, 200 was the best of all time, Windows of opertunity would be runner up. Its a shame Don S. Davise died, they said he makes a apearnce in Continuum.
My Feedback +7/-0 Gore Family Paintball field
Digitally Dangerous member #3

#12 User is offline   Deschaine 

• To understand da living, ya got to commune wit da dead.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Deschaine

Posted 12 July 2008 - 05:28 PM

My fave so far is where Shepard hands a lemon to Mitchell to keep McKay in check.

I think it's interesting how the ship design evolved from the 302 to the 303. Always thought the Prometheus was kinda clunky looking.
Only the strongest will survive... Lead me to heaven when we die... I have a shadow on the wall... I’ll be the one to save us all

#13 User is offline   Cassius Allanus 

• Your God
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:CassiusAllanus

Posted 12 July 2008 - 07:32 PM

I don't mean to nitpick, but I think you mean the 303 to the 304. The F-302 is the fighter. B)

In any case both Stargate series (SG-1 and Atlantis) are awesome, as well as the films. I'm hoping Stargate Universe (or whatever they decide as the finished title) will be great too.
AIM: CassiusAllanus | MSN: Brendon.Allan@shaw.ca | XFire: enlighteneddespot | E-MAIL: Brendon.Allan@shaw.ca | ESO2: HG_CassiusA | Steam: cassiusallanus

The OFFICIAL Tiberius Arms forums are up!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users