SPECIAL OPS - ULTRALITE? What to Wear? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MartMan 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:MartMan

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:43 PM

Hey gang,

I'm upgrading my entire paintball wardrobe within the next few weeks. As of now I have Dick's Sporting Goods camo which is crap I bought a while ago. After reading all over the forums and the OMNIPAT website I would like to get all OMNIPAT SPECIAL OPS - ULTRALITE gear ( Jersey and Pants). But what do you recommend wearing under these? Under Armour or what?

Thanks gang

#2 User is offline   mtaylor 

• Lacking Creativity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mtaylor

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:52 PM

T-Shirt and Boxers.

<Insert Sig Here>

#3 User is offline   Steel Tiger 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Steel Tiger

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:55 PM

I wear a t-shirt and my slider shorts underneath.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   scurvy 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:SCURVY

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:58 PM

Under Armour works fine. I played in sandy soil the first time in my ultralites, and my legs weren't entirely covered. I had dirt caked on my legs where my socks didn't cover, so now I wear longer socks (Smartwool). Remember that bright colors will show through to some extent, so white t-shirts aren't as good as OD or coyote brown (my choice). The liner shorts inside the pants take care of that.
AMAT VICTORIA CURAM

#5 User is offline   predator92 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 12 November 2008 - 06:49 PM

If you don't have your mind set in stone on those exact pants/coat. I would recommend going to your local army surplus store and buy some there. I got a coat and pants for $20

#6 Guest_MOATI_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:00 PM

View Postpredator92, on Nov 12 2008, 06:49 PM, said:

If you don't have your mind set in stone on those exact pants/coat. I would recommend going to your local army surplus store and buy some there. I got a coat and pants for $20

Of course I'm biased but I'm being 100% as honest as I possibly can...

If you are on a tight budget and all you want it some camo...then certainly go to the surplus store and pick something up....but they won't come close to comparing with the paintball specific features of Ultralites and they won't be near as comfortable on warm to hot days. Not to mention the fact that nothing you find in terms of camo at the surplus store will be anywhere near as effective as OmniPat which was specifically created for paintball to be effective against the human eye at close to medium ranges.

#7 User is offline   ClumsyNinja 

• Eschew Obfuscation
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Grimace

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:32 AM

View PostMOATI, on Nov 12 2008, 08:00 PM, said:

View Postpredator92, on Nov 12 2008, 06:49 PM, said:

Of course I'm biased but I'm being 100% as honest as I possibly can...

If you are on a tight budget and all you want it some camo...then certainly go to the surplus store and pick something up....but they won't come close to comparing with the paintball specific features of Ultralites and they won't be near as comfortable on warm to hot days. Not to mention the fact that nothing you find in terms of camo at the surplus store will be anywhere near as effective as OmniPat which was specifically created for paintball to be effective against the human eye at close to medium ranges.

I'll back this up 100%!

I won't recommend something unless I really really really like to use it myself:
Last year, here in Utah, I played in a 2 day scenario where it got up to about 97 degrees. It was hot in the shade and I went through gallons of water. I was wearing ultralites with an under armor shirt, and just my skivvies under the pants. (hey, you asked) I gotta tell ya, when I found a shady spot and a slight breeze, I felt sooooo much better. I always heat up when playing paintball and I'll tell ya right now I would have passed out had i been wearing BDU's.
Trust me! Ultralites are THE most comfortable paintball clothing you can wear!
Yeah this may sound like a commercial, but that's because I love my ultralites so much. In fact, for the same scenario this year, I bought a second set in the Omnipat pattern, and I hid within feet of the Spec Ops Factory Team and was able to take out about 5 of them. No dodgy!!
You get what ya pay for....They're worth the money!!

This post has been edited by ClumsyNinja: 13 November 2008 - 12:41 AM

"Hi, I'm not the local nut, but ClumsyNinja is..."--Styro

CONFESSIONS OF AN ARMCHAIR NINJA..NOWUPDATED!!

#8 User is offline   methusaleh 

• Living the life
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 November 2008 - 01:57 AM

My team uniform is Omnipat, I have both Ultralite and Fusion versions, and we chose it for a reason, because it is simply the best! One memorable all-day scenario this year I wore the Ultralight top with nothing underneath after sweating about a gallon during the first hour of play with an undershirt. I do lots of crawling and even with the Ultralight my arms were not terribly scratched or dirty at the end of the day.

Great stuff from SpecOps :)

EDIT TO ADD: And the Omnipats aren't my first Ultralite set, I had digital woodland a couple years ago before these...and they still rocked!

This post has been edited by methusaleh: 13 November 2008 - 02:01 AM

#9 User is offline   Niceguy74 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 November 2008 - 06:52 AM

the Omnipat is a TON better than any kind of BDU you can get from an army surplus.

during the summer, its an under armor t-shirt and shorts under it. during the winter, anything that will keep you warm.

the best thing, is having the ability to crawl right up on the enemy without them having any clue you are there. it hides you well.

#10 User is offline   scurvy 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:SCURVY

Posted 13 November 2008 - 10:32 AM

Ultralites also dry when they get wet. A few minutes in the sun and you are good to go. Wet, heavy, thick BDUs are not the way to go if you have a choice. With the exception of snow or driving rain, I think I prefer ultralites. When it gets cold, my fusion pants are a nice substitute. OMNIPAT all the way. Thanks, MOATI.
AMAT VICTORIA CURAM

#11 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:45 PM

Ultralights are fantastic. At OK D-Day, I was wearing suplus CADPAT BDU pants, and my legs were practically melting.

#12 User is offline   predator92 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 14 November 2008 - 09:11 PM

I personally, have never played in ultralights. i have played in other higher end paintball clothing though. and i can honestly say, the surplus camo has kept my legs and arms les scratched up and just feels right, i mean for me it makes the game just that much more real for me.

#13 User is offline   raptorbite 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:raptorbite

Posted 15 November 2008 - 07:08 AM

Ultralights are purely amazing.
i have a pair,never use anything else.
the only thing that can beat them is probably wearing only a tanktop,but then agian you could just wear nothing under the ultralights and they would beat the tanktop.
they arent easy to tear either,where i used to play is pure pricker bushes,and after all my running through them,not one tear in the ultralights.
I miss the old days of sword beach and such

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users