Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ion vs. Diablo Which is beter? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Weigel21 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 March 2008 - 11:12 PM

I'm looking for a marker better suited for speedball/Rec play than my BT-4 Assult and Trilogy Tactical. I genrally play and prefer woods, but many of the guys I found to play with play speedball a most of the time and I need/want a fairly cheap marker better suited for that type of play. I am wondering what you guys and girls think about the Ion or something from Diablo such as a wrath, Mongoose, or slayer, as they seem to be selling fairly cheap on EBay.

#2 User is offline   druid 

• Celtic Warrior - Mo Anam Cara
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:druidsdecendant

Posted 06 March 2008 - 12:00 AM

my personal choice would be the Ion over a Diablo product...but that is not to say that I don't like the Wrath either...

I think the Ion is better suited for upgrading user-specific desires than the Diablo markers are...but that's just one opinion.

Now the Diablos are better looking than the Ion and perform about the same (given certain criteria) so it's really just a matter of choice in the long run for you and that marker...
Warped A5; M98; 68 Magnum w/ AGD 6-Pack, Automaggot #92 Custom Modder #5
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#3 User is offline   Weigel21 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2008 - 01:20 PM

Well, I kinda like the looks of the Ion a little better, but looks mean nothing in paintball when your in play. I would prefer to buy new, not used as you never know what kind of abuse the marker has seen and what not, plus theres no warrenty should anything go wrong with it, even if it does have $100 in upgrades.

I relize that the Ion is easier to upgrade and personalize, but truth be told, I'm not a hard core Speedballer/Tourney player, so I wouldn't be upgrading much if any. For the most part either marker would remain mostly stock. I'm just a weekend Rec/Woods player who plays maybe a handfull of times a month.

The Diablo Wrath can be bought for about $50 less than an Ion, so that would leave me with $50 more for upgrades, such as a barrel or a different Vertical reg or whatever it is, as I really dislike the placement of the PSI guage on it.

The Wrath is semi only I think and the Ion has multi modes which is nice. Only the Mongoos and Wrath LTD seem to have multi modes and the Mongoose looks to be a blowback action marker, which I'm thinking isn't as good, but I may be wrong. The Wrath LTD is nolonger in production and hard to find even used, but would probably be the one I'd choose from Diablo.

Now I know that both fail in comparision to Angels, Mags, Bob longs, and other high end markers, but I'm not willing to spend that much on a marker and like I said, I don't wish to buy used, even if it is a Automag with $100+ in upgrades for only $350.

If anyone else has any experiance with both, please let me know what your impressions were. As it stands, I'm leaning twards the Ion due to the greater avalibility of parts and that it has multi modes.

#4 User is offline   aqua_scummm 

• one half of the wonder that is legaqua
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:aqua_scummm

Posted 06 March 2008 - 01:22 PM

Not one of the ones you're looking at, but for about $250 shipped (off of a dealer on PBN), you can get one of these: http://cgi.ebay.com/Proto-Matrix-Rail-PMR-...2QQcmdZViewItem

A little more woodsball themed, with more performance of the markers you posted, and not too much more $$....

This post has been edited by aqua_scummm: 06 March 2008 - 01:23 PM

#5 User is offline   Weigel21 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2008 - 02:09 PM

I see you have said that Indian Creek ICD ProMasters are better and even a little chaeper than Ions aqua_scummm. Even though they are no longer made they can be bought off ebay for under $155 shipped. That seems like a great price to me, but I've never heard of them before. Reviews on pbreview.com seem good though. Do you think I'd be better off buying one of these instead of an Ion or a Diablo?

Anyone here have any experiance with ProMasters?

#6 User is offline   BigWoolly 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 06 March 2008 - 02:28 PM

I actually have a Diablo Wrath LTD that is basically brand new if you are interested at all. I bought it as a backup to my Ego and used it couple times to try it out, but the Ego never breaks so it has sat around since. I have gotten a lot more into scenario gaming so I don't really need it any more. It has been adult owned and taken care of. It is totally stock, but it doesn't sound like you are looking for much more than stock. It takes Autococker barrels so if you have a nice one for your trilogy it will fit, so that might save some more $$ as well. Here is a pic if you are interested let me know. http://www.paintboll...equip/wrath.jpg

#7 User is offline   Weigel21 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2008 - 02:31 PM

What are you asking for it?

#8 User is offline   Weigel21 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2008 - 02:38 PM

Also, do you have everything that came with it, such as the box, owners manual, barrel plug/sock, wrenches, or extra parts?

#9 User is offline   BigWoolly 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 06 March 2008 - 02:43 PM

View PostWeigel21, on Mar 6 2008, 02:38 PM, said:

Also, do you have everything that came with it, such as the box, owners manual, barrel plug/sock, wrenches, or extra parts?

I was looking for like $150 plus shipping. I have the box, owners manual (which sucks since they never made one for the LTD just the regular Wrath. . .there is good info online if you need it), blank warranty card (not sure if that will do you any good), not sure if it came with anything else, but I will look when I get home from work and let you know.

#10 User is offline   aqua_scummm 

• one half of the wonder that is legaqua
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:aqua_scummm

Posted 06 March 2008 - 02:45 PM

Yeah, my buddy had a promaster, it was a good little shooter... Not much to say about them, same operation as an intimidator or ego, just lower end

#11 User is offline   Weigel21 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2008 - 03:42 PM

Well, I'm leaning more twards an Ion or Promaster at the moment, but let me know after you get home. I may be interested. Thanks.

This post has been edited by Weigel21: 06 March 2008 - 03:44 PM

#12 User is offline   Weigel21 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2008 - 06:37 PM

Does anyone know if the ICD Promaster has multi firing modes such as three round burst or full auto? If not, is there any after market boards that will enable it to do so?

#13 User is offline   BigWoolly 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:46 AM

There was nothing else that I can find that came with it, but I have plenty of barrel socks if you want one, and I am sure that you have hex wrenches for your other markers, no special tools needed. I also have some AC threaded barrels that will fit the Wrath if you are interested too. 14" Stiffi .689, 12" CP .689, 14" Evil Pipe kit with 5 backs. I have other equipment too if you are looking for anything else. Just let me know if you change your mind on the ICD and are interested.

#14 User is offline   druid 

• Celtic Warrior - Mo Anam Cara
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:druidsdecendant

Posted 07 March 2008 - 05:53 PM

weigel...I believe ScenarioDreams makes a board with multimodes for Diablo markers.
Warped A5; M98; 68 Magnum w/ AGD 6-Pack, Automaggot #92 Custom Modder #5
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#15 User is offline   focus 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Focus

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:27 PM

Not to confused things even more.. But if you want ION like performance, at a lower cost, then the Smartparts Vibe may interest you.. I say ION 'like' because there is no doubt that the ION is currently a more flexible/upgradable marker, and in stock form the ION has a higher bps cap. But the Vibe is very reliable, smooth, easy to setup/tune compared to the ION, doesn't break paint (yes, even without eyes), and just simply just works.
I bought my SP-1 (milsim vibe clone) at the same time a friend of mine bought an ION XE.. I've never missed a game or had any trouble with my marker, but my friend seems to be struggling with the proper dwell and other settings that need to be tuned on the ION.

The Vibe retails brand new at $139, has multi-firing modes, capped at 11bps (vs the 17 of the ION). I think it would make a great 2nd marker for the budget you had in mind.

Work hard, play hard.. In that order.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users