• You cannot reply to this topic

"Snipers" read it if u have an opion on snipers Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#286 User is offline   cheese_6969 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:POTATOHEAD

Posted 16 July 2009 - 06:07 PM

To those who say the sniper is a player that does just shoots people after letting them walk past their location, or who only shoots from an extremely long distance. while both are correct, to a point, they are both wrong. When comparing to are military bretheren, we are vastly different yes. 800 yard shots? not likely. but that long range shooting is not what makes a sniper. A sniper is an expert at camoflauge. A master sniper can lay in plain sight, and not even be thought of as a possible threat. A sniper needs to be a very accurate shot. Not just from long ranges, but short ones too. A sniper needs to have a ballistic advantage over his opponent. This is making his shots count, this comes from lots and lots and lots of practice. While the whole range issue has been around, the idea of a sniper shooting from 600+ yards in the military, is because he wants to stay out of the range of the majority of weapons he will encounter, the assault rifle. BUT, look at his Law Enforcement bretheren, 600 yard shots? while they may be capable, highly unlikely. 90% of all L.E. Sniper's shots come from 100 yards or less. This puts them easily in harms way from pretty much all firearms. Now i'm sure we all have seen that video where the guy tries to "mythbust" paintball snipers. That is his oppinion, and he's entitled to it. I'm gonna use this video as an example
He states a sniper in the dictionary is...

"One who shoots at other people from a concealed place" (source - www.dictionary.com)

now he goes to say, don't we all do that? that is not true, majority of players shoot from cover, not concealment.

Cover is used to protect one from incoming direct fire, as well as used to hinder someone from seeing you.

Concealment is, hiding out in plain sight, at a location that it is possible to be hit by incoming direct fire, but using the surroundings to hide you.

Now i'm sure all of that information 95% of us know here in the Sniper HQ, but for those of you who want to claim that you are a sniper, by hiding in a 2nd floor of a building everytime, i hate to say it you aren't! while this position may be advantageous for recon, once you are located, you my friend are in major trouble. unless there are multiple ways out of said building (not possible at my course, as most are just large enough for 3-4 people).

But i ranted enough,
May all your shots be straight, and your ambushes successful!

#287 User is offline   Marine Scout Sniper 

• Digitaly Sniping one shot at a time
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:scoutsniper777

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:12 AM

View PostHOTCH, on Mar 1 2009, 05:48 PM, said:

3) a sniper is over-glorified. end of story. in most paintball battles, a true sniper may get 2 kills before his trap is spooked and he gets lit up by all the more noble, default, and practical positions

This is the kind of stuff the military brought up before sniper schools became a permanent part of the US Military.

Looks like we are still doing the trade proud since we are still dealing with it. :(

I'm just gonna stick to my guns because fact is fact. The military seems to have a different opinion.

A year or two back the US Army was interviewed about the current activities of insurgent (aka border crossers) hostiles. The US Army said that they have gone to sniping. They also say the distances they noticed were very short that they were taking shots from. They also noticed they were trying new forms of concealment and they were aiming their shots so that it could have a chance to inflict the most damage possible taking into account the usage of body armor.

They had this to say.

"We feel that to be considered a sniper, distance is not a factor, anyone who aims to intelligently place shots to bring down a target is considered by the Army to be a sniper."

So considering that it is the armed forces who are the end all be all of real sniping (Which I will also say the same about the British armed forces who gave us the great idea to start with), I'll believe the US Army.

View Postcheese_6969, on Jul 16 2009, 07:07 PM, said:

To those who say the sniper is a player that does just shoots people after letting them walk past their location, or who only shoots from an extremely long distance. while both are correct, to a point, they are both wrong. When comparing to are military bretheren, we are vastly different yes. 800 yard shots? not likely. but that long range shooting is not what makes a sniper. A sniper is an expert at camoflauge. A master sniper can lay in plain sight, and not even be thought of as a possible threat. A sniper needs to be a very accurate shot. Not just from long ranges, but short ones too. A sniper needs to have a ballistic advantage over his opponent. This is making his shots count, this comes from lots and lots and lots of practice. While the whole range issue has been around, the idea of a sniper shooting from 600+ yards in the military, is because he wants to stay out of the range of the majority of weapons he will encounter, the assault rifle. BUT, look at his Law Enforcement bretheren, 600 yard shots? while they may be capable, highly unlikely. 90% of all L.E. Sniper's shots come from 100 yards or less. This puts them easily in harms way from pretty much all firearms. Now i'm sure we all have seen that video where the guy tries to "mythbust" paintball snipers. That is his oppinion, and he's entitled to it. I'm gonna use this video as an example
He states a sniper in the dictionary is...

"One who shoots at other people from a concealed place" (source - www.dictionary.com)

now he goes to say, don't we all do that? that is not true, majority of players shoot from cover, not concealment.

Cover is used to protect one from incoming direct fire, as well as used to hinder someone from seeing you.

Concealment is, hiding out in plain sight, at a location that it is possible to be hit by incoming direct fire, but using the surroundings to hide you.

Now i'm sure all of that information 95% of us know here in the Sniper HQ, but for those of you who want to claim that you are a sniper, by hiding in a 2nd floor of a building everytime, i hate to say it you aren't! while this position may be advantageous for recon, once you are located, you my friend are in major trouble. unless there are multiple ways out of said building (not possible at my course, as most are just large enough for 3-4 people).

But i ranted enough,
May all your shots be straight, and your ambushes successful!

Thank you. That was an informative post. And yes anyone who goes to the Sniper HQ can see pretty fast there is a lot more to it. It's both science and art.

I didn't get to quote the guy about being called "The Sneaky Guy" and Sniper but I'll add to it.

There is a guy I regularly play with who is Army NG and he knows I like Carlos Hathcock so He calls me Gunny because of that and from others I've been around I've heard Sniper. That's generally what I get called the most is Sniper. The last time I played him I got back from the game and he asked me. "Where did you come from?" To which I replied, I am everyone and I am no one. He laughed and said "Dude all I know was I thought the game was over and you just showed up all of a sudden. I told him "Well you know me, it's not when you hear me you should be worried it's when you don't hear me." He said "I know, I know when I find you it's either you or me. Dude you scared the crap out of me." I said "I know, you told me I make you nervous." He smiled and said "Yeah, freakin Sniper..." lol

Praise and Complaint Dept. (feedback) Digitally Dangerous [Cocker Owner #77] A5 RT Operator

#288 User is offline   pewpewkyle 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:pewpew kyle

Posted 19 March 2010 - 06:23 PM

You Arn't actually sniping, your just using the tactic a sniper would use.

#289 User is offline   Phobeus 

• You can't kill what you can't see...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Bushman

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:21 AM

I have used the first strikes in quite a few scenarios and I have spent pretty much the same amount of money on those as I did with normal paint. But I think the first strikes blow away any argument against snipers. While being a sniper is much more than being able to shoot far, the main argument against snipers is the range. Sniping in paintball is more about stealth and skill, but all the nay-sayers spout out, "Well you can't be a sniper, because you can't shoot farther than anyone else on the field". Most of my kills have been from 40 yards to 60 yards. When I shot normal paint most of my kills have been from 10 yards to 35 yards. So with the first strikes the range argument is null. SO what is left to be used against snipers?
We HAVE stealth
We HAVE gun skill
We HAVE field craft and tactical knowledge
With first strikes we HAVE the range (though it is not needed to be a paintball sniper)
I may sound like a broken record with the first strikes but every time someone calls me out on my legitimacy as a sniper they bring up the range limitations of normal paint.
and the first strikes break that argument.

#290 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:17 AM

I want to see you shoot someone/thing at 40-60 yards.
Cause me thinks that at that range, it's gonna bounce off whoever you shoot. Me thinks this, cause I've had First Strike shots bounce off me, my mask, and my gun from closer.

Granted, I'm a bouncy dude.

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#291 User is offline   TheGhillieMan 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:TheGhillieMan

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:20 AM

Well...this is one of those things that is never going to end.

I don't feel like they are overrated. Very few people see a legitimate paintball sniper. Most of the time it's a kid in a ghillie suit that camps out in one spot and just waits for an enemy. Obviously, that's not super helpful to the team, and seeing as that's what most people who call themselves snipers do, that's what people base their opinion on.

An experienced paintball sniper is just as good as any other style of play. It's not superior, nor inferior. It has its place on the field just like anything else. The technique just has to be applied properly depending on the situation. Whether this be flanking, ambushing, long range shots (with First Strike), whatever, it has to be applied correctly.

If I just lie down near the start point in a deathmatch style game, I probably won't see a soul, and therefore I serve no purpose. However, if I follow my team out and hang either slightly back or out to the side...I just have to wait until we encounter an enemy and then drop into position and my team can draw the enemy back into an ambush. Or, I can crawl out to get a shot from the side, which is a technique that SpecOps calls Ghost Flanking. Certainly, other positions can do this sort of thing (and should) but my ghillie is a big help in staying concealed. Others can do it, but I can do it better. Another example of that last sentence (but the reverse) is that I can charge into a castle with the help of suppressive fire and start taking people apart in close quarters. Does that make me a close quarters player, or a Dagger according to SpecOps? No. Sure, I can do it, but someone with a different gearset is going to do it better.

I can camp a flag in a capture the flag game and stay invisible because of my superior camoflauge (handmade ghillie suit). I can use that superior camoflauge to get a perfect firing lane on the flag and make sure that no one can take it. Someone with a different gearset can do something very similar. Maybe they get noticed due to more basic camoflauge, maybe they don't. If they do get caught, they will hold up better in a firefight than I will. Great, but I won't get caught and I will make 100% certain that they don't take that flag without picking off at least a few guys. Put me with other people, and the effect is even better.

My point is this: A paintball sniper is not overrated. They are just like any other member of a team and a good addition to a team if they actually do what they are meant to do.

As for the people who like to be picky about words...call it whatever you want. I call it sniping. When I say I'm sniping, you know more or less how I play. If I tell you "I'm a sneaky guy in a ghillie suit" you might get a similar idea, but it's a lot easier to say "sniper" than "sneaky guy in a ghillie suit".

When you go out to a field, and you run into a guy who has a ghillie suit and he ambushes your group, do you say "Guy in a ghillie suit!" or do you just say "Sniper!"? Granted, some people just shout "Ghillie", but more often than not people say sniper, it gets the message across faster, and the meaning in this case is the same.

There's my opinion on the subject.
Posted Image

#292 User is offline   Phobeus 

• You can't kill what you can't see...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Bushman

Posted 10 May 2010 - 12:18 PM

^^^Agreed

Pirate I will make a video, I have some but you can't really see me when I take the shots. SO I will make a new one that shows where the shooter is properly and where the target is. I'll post it as soon as possible for ya, but if you want to see the ones I already have go to the practice makes perfect thread in sniper hq. you can see the two I have right now.

#293 User is offline   MiguelWend 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:MiguelWendEM

Posted Today, 03:16 AM

The commonest side effects of chemotherapy are: -nausea and vomiting -hair impairment -fatigue (tiredness) -increased occasion likelihood of bruising and bleeding -anemia (smaller low-cut red blood room consider) -infection Nausea and vomiting are 2 of the most average and most dreaded side effects of chemo. Though Chinese herbs are well-known as a replacement for their effectiveness in female infertility, US had a listless point of view to endorse the use of herbs representing the treatment and most members of the territory's ordinary medical speciality explain disinclination towards prescribing herbal remedies. I distinguish it's tiring to succeed up with something new, but I hardly weigh recycling the same looks is something that should be considered talent, buy cheap clomid 25mg online. If you requite close distinction to your trim, and apparatus this regular solicit, benefits inclination be clear within 2 - 4 months. Antihistamines can also impel your dog listless and may not métier for the benefit of all dogs, and some experts say antihistamines only work in 20-30% of dogs.Non-medicinal treatmentssupplementing the allergy drug fitted your dog that you come to a decision on with non-medicinal treatment has shown benefits. They were primarily for expend in treating patients of AIDS and anemia, who were distress from extreme muscle loss. Corpulence and overweight in children, teenagers and adults are uniform on using the choppy navigate of torso pile marker table. Come what may, there are a sprinkling conditions that are more commonly treated with this procedure. A hale and hearty, by a long way balanced nourishment, is conducive to your overall trim and helps to build-up your unsusceptible system to avoid potty illnesses and infections. A closest BBC delivered the images of Augusta Mangusta from the Federal Police of Mexico along the experienced MI-24 of the Panama National Police, which fought intensely against the gangs who had taken nearby incursion the presidential palatial home in Tegucigalpa.

Share this topic:

• (20 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users