• You cannot reply to this topic

Ion Q Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Red3244 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Evensniper

Posted 01 April 2009 - 11:10 PM

Hey guys. I live in the Pacific Northwest where it rains A LOT. I love playing in the rain but will my Ion be up to it? I know its electric but has anyone played with one in the rain and have any issues? Will it ruin the gun? I have enough money to get a Tac One. What do you guys think?
How far can you go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without?

#2 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 03 April 2009 - 10:50 AM

View PostRed3244, on Apr 2 2009, 07:10 AM, said:

Hey guys. I live in the Pacific Northwest where it rains A LOT. I love playing in the rain but will my Ion be up to it? I know its electric but has anyone played with one in the rain and have any issues? Will it ruin the gun? I have enough money to get a Tac One. What do you guys think?

It depends on how bad the rain and how many gaos there are for the wet or damp to get in. You should be able to use an Ion in the wet.

You will risk the problems of all markers in the rain - swelling paint etc.

Make sure the electrics are kept dry - ensure the body, frame and grip are assembled tightly. Consider putting something in to make better seals at the points that parts are assembled. e.g. a bit of lube grease between body and trigger frame and at the grips.

Wrap or tape the barrel porting, and try to avoid the wet from getting in the hopper.
If electrics do get wet then remove the battery untit it is fully dry.

This post has been edited by Tommikka: 03 April 2009 - 10:58 AM

#3 User is offline   Red3244 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Evensniper

Posted 03 April 2009 - 10:26 PM

Thx Tommikka! Good to know. I will keep all that info in mind when I play in the rain.
How far can you go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users