• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

night paintball gear Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   bushmaster22 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:53 PM

Ive been to a couple scenario games and my only problem ive been having comes up at night. My mask keeps fogging up and the glare from lights make it immposoble to look toward light. Im planing on buying a new mask soon so i need to know what masks work well during the night. I need it to not glare or fog up easily.

#2 User is offline   DvS21 

• Duct Tape; saving lives since 1942
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Raiden21

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:12 AM

View Postbushmaster22, on 23 August 2010 - 01:53 AM, said:

Ive been to a couple scenario games and my only problem ive been having comes up at night. My mask keeps fogging up and the glare from lights make it immposoble to look toward light. Im planing on buying a new mask soon so i need to know what masks work well during the night. I need it to not glare or fog up easily.

What mask do you use currently, and what mask(s) were you looking at?

PBN Feedback AO Feedback SOP Feedback
"We could do a raffle, I've got some random bowling trophies somewhere. Everyone needs a bowling trophy." - DigitalPirate
"No, Puzuma, please tea bag me for free......actually....after that statement....I don't even care"- Deuce
"So what? She had sex in your bed... Somebody had to, and obviously you dropped the ball..." - Jones

#3 User is offline   Iron Eagle 

• Emotionally Exhausted & Morally Bankrupt
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Angry Badger

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:36 AM

A mask that doesn't fog is all you need, otherwise there is really no specialized equipment needed. If you do have a spotlight however, those can be DEADLY. While walking around with your team mates, you hear something in the brush, turn it on for just a second and turn it off.
Ambassador of intelligence, deliverer of logic, mirror to the obvious

#4 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 25 August 2010 - 11:50 PM

^^YES YES YES!!! i carry a 15,000,000 candlepower ( yes, i said 15 million) spotlight for night games. its like the finger of god. you are 100% blinded by the beam, and it takes 20-30 minutes for the opfor to get their nightvision back, plus the time it takes them to un-sear their retinas. lol.

i had problems with my mask too at first, and brought flashlights on to help. then i got a thermal lense, anti fog spray and a fan, and i was fog free. but i started realising how hard it is for enemies to cheat and not call hits in the dark, so i decided to bring my own sun. it works. and yes, it makes you feel like god. it is that bright. buy one, it should run you 40 bucks. screw nightvision, spotlight vision.
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#5 User is offline   Iron Eagle 

• Emotionally Exhausted & Morally Bankrupt
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Angry Badger

Posted 26 August 2010 - 08:28 PM

I speak from experience, I've been on the receiving end of a spotlight :facepalm: . You see the source of the light but not the people shooting at you, and the only hope of escape is to hit the ground and shoot at the light.
Ambassador of intelligence, deliverer of logic, mirror to the obvious

#6 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 27 August 2010 - 06:29 AM

About all you really need is a good mask with a clear lens. Currently I use a JT Flex 7 for night play. Anything in the JT Flex or Spectra series works great and won't fog up because they are dual paned thermal lenses. The only issue I have is my glasses sometimes fog up, but a Vortex II fan and anti fog treatment takes care of that issue. The only true downside to the JT line is if you use a colored lens for general daytime play it would be best to have a second set of goggles with a clear lens for night play. Reason why is because JT lenses are not the easiest to change out when you have time constraints.

Other suggestions would be as follows:

V-Force line
  • Pro Vantage
  • Profilers
  • Grillz

Other lines
  • Proto Switch
  • Proto Axis
  • Dye I series (I3 and I4)
  • Empire E-Vent
  • Vents
  • Invert Avatar
  • Invert Helix

I can testify that the V-Force Pro Vantage is a great goggle for the money. While it might be a bit newbish it is an overall great goggle. My wife uses it and she had no problems fogging up at a 26 hour scenario we went to last year in October. The Pro Vantage uses the same lens as the Armor Rental which means replacement lenses are pretty cheap.

#7 User is offline   ninjasofpaintball 

• Phoenix Burn. Represent!
  • PipPip

Posted 05 September 2010 - 05:05 PM

View Postbushmaster22, on 22 August 2010 - 09:53 PM, said:

Very Simple, buy an antifog mask. Also, wear dark clothes during night scenario games. It helps you camoflauge. Also get antiglare on your mask
Check us out on youtube! Click Here!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users