South African Woodsballer Looking for Woodsballers in SA Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Daemienwrath 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 August 2006 - 02:06 AM

View Postmt84, on Aug 25 2006, 01:48 AM, said:

Daemienwrath good day

I've pinned this and change the title to reflect its new place in the international brigade.

If you disapproved let me know and i'll return it to where it was. :D

mt84

Awesome Thanks

#17 User is offline   Daemienwrath 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 25 August 2006 - 02:14 AM

yeah have been researching it even tried to organise a couple games which went off ok but getting regular players is a different story.

Yeah pretty much what I am trying to do is find people who i can play with once or twice a month. As for getting more people involved generally I usually get questions asked when I pull out my modded A-5 and tell them about the whole woodsball concept and well they get excited. Unfortunately in South Africa the people generally suffer from a lets talk about stuff instead of doing it attitude. Would like to change that. My plan is for tomorrow is to go and rock up at my local field and well try and get a game in with some people.

Thanks big time for the feedback Fix.

#18 User is offline   mt84 

• You Talk the Talk, but Can you Walk the Walk
  • PipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:MT84

Posted 25 August 2006 - 07:26 AM

Well good luck and have fun with it, keep us informed on the appening in your part of the world.... :wacko:

P.S Daemienwrath, you might want to join the brigade, Link below.

Special Ops Brigade

With that you will be able to post youre game in the game locator, if there are more paintballers like you, they may see youre game.

This post has been edited by mt84: 25 August 2006 - 07:30 AM

mt84
You Talk The Talk, But can you Walk The Walk.
RSM (Retired Service Member), Jaded Geezers Paintball Group.

#19 User is offline   Daemienwrath 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 27 August 2006 - 11:29 AM

Already a brigade member :D heck one of the first things i did was sign up.

#20 User is offline   Gladius 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 05 September 2006 - 01:01 AM

Hi DamienWrath

Firstly, HOWZIT! I am also in SA but in Cape Town, where it is reversed, we play mostly "woodsball" here and not Speedball. Some of our guys just took part in the East vs West Scenario in the Tsitsikamma forest.

Its cool to know theres another from my country on the forum.

Gladius
;)

#21 User is offline   The Joker898 

• SpecOps GFXT #1
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 September 2006 - 11:06 AM

View PostPAINTBALLACE, on Aug 24 2006, 09:21 PM, said:

View Posttippmann crazy, on Aug 23 2006, 11:41 AM, said:

View PostDaemienwrath, on Aug 23 2006, 07:37 PM, said:

Ok i live in one of the countries with some of the most awesome pieces of nature and areas to play woodsball but i have only heard of one group playing scenario games actively (in the entire country). So my question is are there any people in Johannesburg South Africa that play woodsball? And where do you play and would you mind a walkon ever now and then?

Also why is woodsball so small here, I mean every second dude is a speedballer from what i can tell. Nothing wrong with speedball just we have so much nature here why not put it to good use. To be honest I may still be living under a rock and just didnt hear about them.

why do u live in south africa??

Why do you live in America? :blink: Wow, there are people living in South Africa, omfg.

haha yes why do i live in america?? i dont i live in germany :huh: but anyways i wish i could go to sa the reason i asked was becasue you spoke so good english so i was wondering if u were african or american
"I see nothing wrong with sarcasm. But, for the good of the Forum, maybe I'll try and turn over a new leaf, and be more like you Aussie. Except I won't post extremely profane videos with graphic violence. - Ashrak"

#22 User is offline   Ghost Outlaw 

• Ghost Outlaw
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ghost Raptor

Posted 12 September 2006 - 03:25 AM

Hey,

I live in Canada but Im working in Joburg, for the next 7 months, SA is an awesome place deffinitly my second home :rolleyes: . When I do play paintball here I play at Paintball City, Its deffinitly not like Canadian woodsball but hey its great just to be able to go out and shoot some of my friends.

Back in Canada Im the Commander of the Canadian Free Militia, and the G.C.B.M
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

You'll never know...for death is silent and quick...and in that way you recieve mercy...

#23 User is offline   Daemienwrath 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 18 September 2006 - 01:22 PM

Should try river raiders in Fourways a bit more rustic, and I also hear that the Woodsball field at Gotcha in Pretoria is freakin cool.

#24 User is offline   Ghost Outlaw 

• Ghost Outlaw
  • PipPip

Posted 23 September 2006 - 03:06 AM

Thanks I have been trying to find other places to play, Paintball City was the only one I could find that was open. Pretoria is only about 30min away from me, I'l have to try it out.
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

You'll never know...for death is silent and quick...and in that way you recieve mercy...

#25 User is offline   Shados 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:\Shado/

Posted 27 October 2006 - 12:02 PM

Hey Ghost. Go look up featherheads creek. Its quite a big place compared to paintball city. I think its the only field in the whole of the Yellow pages 2006/7
And Dirt Ryders for that matter, they are close to were I live.

This post has been edited by Shados: 04 November 2006 - 12:21 PM

#26 User is offline   Ghost Outlaw 

• Ghost Outlaw
  • PipPip

Posted 09 November 2006 - 01:32 PM

View PostShados, on Oct 27 2006, 01:02 PM, said:

Hey Ghost. Go look up featherheads creek. Its quite a big place compared to paintball city. I think its the only field in the whole of the Yellow pages 2006/7
And Dirt Ryders for that matter, they are close to were I live.

Awesome, now I have more to look forward to when I get back from West Africa...Benin... I will definitely look into all those places. Thanks alot.

This post has been edited by Ghost Outlaw: 09 November 2006 - 01:38 PM

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

#27 User is offline   QUIK2KILL 

• Tokin247
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:QUIK2KILL

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:15 PM

View PostDaemienwrath, on Aug 23 2006, 12:14 PM, said:

5. Some of the best looking women in the world are here.

:| woah no! thats like the oposite man... well maybe unless u live in a rich area... which in SA is pretty rare.. but yeah w.e that aint tru ;)

I, AM A STR8BALLA. REPRESENT!

If you're against electro's put this in your sig.

#28 User is offline   barryusmc716 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 12 April 2008 - 06:05 PM

View PostDaemienwrath, on Aug 23 2006, 08:37 PM, said:

Ok i live in one of the countries with some of the most awesome pieces of nature and areas to play woodsball but i have only heard of one group playing scenario games actively (in the entire country). So my question is are there any people in Johannesburg South Africa that play woodsball? And where do you play and would you mind a walkon ever now and then?

Also why is woodsball so small here, I mean every second dude is a speedballer from what i can tell. Nothing wrong with speedball just we have so much nature here why not put it to good use. To be honest I may still be living under a rock and just didnt hear about them.

How close are you to the border with Mozambique? I'm up here and we have group that are trying to get together a woodsball team. As of now there is about 5 of us that play here against anyone that we can! We are a group of US Marines who rotate in and out of the country. With that being said if you ever find your way up here let us know! Any good placed near the border or places to buy gear near the border?

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users