• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Help with snipers Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   scottiewashere 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 March 2010 - 02:06 PM

Ive been using my fathers A-5 with a flatline for almost 2 years, Im buying my own gun, but want to make a sniper, always been a fan of sneaking around and pick off people from a distance and with an A-5 thats just not going to happen. I was told a Tac-One could be made into a pretty good sniper. Would like to know what i could buy to make a good sniper. being very detailed would be appreciated, like barrel, stock etc. ty in advance

#2 User is offline   Dr Boomer 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:whiskey

Post icon  Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:34 PM

View Postscottiewashere, on Mar 29 2010, 05:06 PM, said:

Ive been using my fathers A-5 with a flatline for almost 2 years, Im buying my own gun, but want to make a sniper, always been a fan of sneaking around and pick off people from a distance and with an A-5 thats just not going to happen. I was told a Tac-One could be made into a pretty good sniper. Would like to know what i could buy to make a good sniper. being very detailed would be appreciated, like barrel, stock etc. ty in advance

you may want to look into a custom 98 from tippman very good all around marker very upgradable with a cyclone hopper and response trigger probably not an e trigger thou just in case u get down and dirty in the mud and maybe a nice flatline barrel is just a thought but sniper is not about distance as much as patience and concealment oh and a gilly suit is a must have 4 the sniper as is a good wingman

This post has been edited by Dr Boomer: 29 March 2010 - 03:37 PM

#3 User is offline   -SMITTY- 

• one of the original 27,731 members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-SMITTY-

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:21 PM

I guarantee that a lot of people are going to tell you there is no such thing as a sniper marker, and that you will just have a lot of useless weight and such.

However, I'm not a lot of people. While I acknowledge that all markers shoot the same distance(exception-APEX and First Strike), I believe there is a difference, and you can adapt a marker to fit a "sniper like" play style. You're going to want a decent electro marker, and a good barrel. If HPA is an option for you, i'd go with that.

I say an electronic marker, because most are generally more quiet and efficient than mechanical markers. For a budget, I would suggest a Smart Parts SP-1, or ion(if you want mil sim, you'd want a tactical body kit)

If you have a little more money, a BT TM15, or a tippmann X7 Phenom would be excellent choices. There are lots of other markers to choose from too.

A decent barrel is your next step. Anything between 14-18 inches. I myself use a 18 inch All American barrel, and I love it. CP barrels are a good choice, as are deadly wind and stiffi, and the special ops C series barrels if you can find them. J&J ceramic barrels are excellent for their low price. If you've enjoyed the flatline, you could look for a barrel that will accept an APEX barrel tip.

Many people will tell you that sights are a waste of time as well. I would tell you to do what you want. Red dot sights are most practical for paintball, but you can also use sights with a zoom. Any scope with a low power(i wouldnt want to go higher than like 3.5 or 4 power) will be able to zero where paintballs usually hit. I have a 2.5x shotgun scope, zeroed for around 75 feet.

There's a lot more that I could tell you if I had time. I'm sure someone else could add barrel or marker choices?

#4 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:30 PM

well, the key to sniping is to be unseen, and unheard. the unseen is not to bad ... but unheard is a whole other thing ... as you mentioned, you arent gonna hide from anybody with that elefant gun ... by far the quietest marker i have ever heard ( or not .. haha ) is a cocker ... but they can be tempermental .... the tuning and timing is sometimes a handful. but if you post asking for how to build a cocker sniper, i believe that there are a few on the forum that have done it or tried it .. maybe legato , or maj tom

#5 Guest_Schecter_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:51 PM

May I make a suggestion? You will never be able to make those long distance shots from 100 yards away and they never know where you're coming from. However, if you want to keep secret you're going to need something small.
Posted Image
This is called a phantom, I played with it for 2 years. Woods ball, speedball, I was deadly with it. If you see it's a pump gun. It's very small, I used to play with one, it was stock class, had a 15 round feed tube, 11'' barrel ran off 12 grams, and weighed only 4lbs with a 12g and full paint.(compared to your standard semi setup of 20lbs or more. It was very small and since it didn't have any internal moving parts when it fired, it was quiet and there was no kick to it.
It was pretty accurate, and as I got better I could hit a moving target with only one shot. My favorite part was it let me move quickly and didn't get in the way when playing like a full sized setup does. You also only use maybe 200 rounds in a day, so you can afford to play with marbalizer and evil premiums all the time.
You can get them from 2 places
http://www.whitewolf...com/phantom.htm
http://phantomonline.com/

When you are waiting to ambush someone you want to be able to pop out quick and retreat quick, with a 4lbs gun you can get in and out quick. Plus it's very customizable. I suggest you get the vertal stock class with a 15 rnd feed tube and a 3.5oz CO2 tank.(changing 12grams can be a real pain in a pinch)

When I was going for the silent hunter, there was no better gun.

#6 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 12 May 2010 - 11:00 AM

Sometimes you have to think outside the box...

Posted Image

...my T68 pistol makes a nice sniper marker. Some people have likened it to a poor man's longbow.

In my opinion, you want something smaller or lighter, and/or something that can be broken down and setup easily in the field. I can show up on the field with an ALICE and my pistol strapped at my side, and people dismiss me as a commander, radio man, etc. However, I stow my ghillie, barrel, scope, and stock in my ALICE, and no one knows a sniper is taking the field. I have sniped with just the pistol, with and without a ghillie, with equal success.

A longer barrel is useful in the brush, and helps concealment, but doesn't add anything in terms of distance or much accuracy. A properly dialed in scope, particularly a red dot, is useful for faster target acquisition, but not necessarily enhancing accuracy. If you get a regular scope, get one with low magnification.

Some markers are quieter than others, but may not be as accurate as others, so you may need to make some compromises.

Don't forget to camouflage your marker somehow, either by painting or wrapping.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Gauss 

• God. Guns. Guts.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 May 2010 - 11:38 AM

A sniper.

Seriously.

You know, the Autococker type stuff.

:D
OFFICIAL BROADSWORD RECOGNITION NUMBER: 112
OFFICIAL SABRE RECOGNITION NUMBER: 530
God. Guns. Guts.

#8 User is offline   xrugger 

• I fart in your general direction!
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:xrugger

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:23 PM

If you truely want longer range and accuacy you are going to have to go with a Tiberius 9.1 or first strike modded t9 or t8. Down side to these is the high price and the limited number of FS rounds you can carry. (8 per clip). If you went up to a tiberius T4 that number goes up to 14 per clip but that gun carries a price tag of $900.

The Phantom is a great idea but again you have the limited paint. AS for weight and amount of ammo you can carry I would go with the T9.1 with a sight and get the best of both weight and accuarcy.

If you want more ammo I would next suggest an electronic marker with a q-loader. The qloader is silent and most elecrtos are fairly quiet. The qloader lowers you profile so you don't have that big hopper sticking up in the air. I have an ion (farily cheap used) with a tactical body, a dogleg stock, a qloader, and a 23in JJ ceramic barrel. It is so quiet when I first shot it I thought the velocity was too low. I'll post pics if you are interested.

As for sight I would suggest a truglo crossbow reflex sight. It is an open sight with 4 separated red dots for ball drop compensation.

As for Camo Ghillie all the way! Whichever you prefer either action ghillie or jute.

Hope this helps. Happy Hunting.

This post has been edited by xrugger: 12 May 2010 - 12:25 PM

IF YOU CAN READ THIS.....THANK A TEACHER!

#9 Guest_Schecter_*

Posted 12 May 2010 - 07:04 PM

View Postxrugger, on May 12 2010, 12:23 PM, said:

If you truely want longer range and accuacy you are going to have to go with a Tiberius 9.1 or first strike modded t9 or t8. Down side to these is the high price and the limited number of FS rounds you can carry. (8 per clip). If you went up to a tiberius T4 that number goes up to 14 per clip but that gun carries a price tag of $900.

The Phantom is a great idea but again you have the limited paint. AS for weight and amount of ammo you can carry I would go with the T9.1 with a sight and get the best of both weight and accuarcy.

If you want more ammo I would next suggest an electronic marker with a q-loader. The qloader is silent and most elecrtos are fairly quiet. The qloader lowers you profile so you don't have that big hopper sticking up in the air. I have an ion (farily cheap used) with a tactical body, a dogleg stock, a qloader, and a 23in JJ ceramic barrel. It is so quiet when I first shot it I thought the velocity was too low. I'll post pics if you are interested.

As for sight I would suggest a truglo crossbow reflex sight. It is an open sight with 4 separated red dots for ball drop compensation.

As for Camo Ghillie all the way! Whichever you prefer either action ghillie or jute.

Hope this helps. Happy Hunting.

It is a bad idea to take any advice this man has to offer, just a fair warning. Not trying to be mean, but seriously, it's really horrible advice.

This post has been edited by Schecter: 12 May 2010 - 08:23 PM

#10 User is offline   xrugger 

• I fart in your general direction!
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:xrugger

Posted 13 May 2010 - 06:51 AM

I'm sorry that you don't agree. We all can't be pump shooting gods like you apparently are.

Some of us mear mortals need some extra paint or accuracy.

Have you even used any of the options that I suggested or are they beneath you?

::Edit::

On second thought I don't care if you have or not.

You have your opinion and I have mine and as they say opinions are like a**holes....everybody has one.

This post has been edited by xrugger: 13 May 2010 - 07:26 AM

IF YOU CAN READ THIS.....THANK A TEACHER!

#11 User is offline   TheGhillieMan 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:TheGhillieMan

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:07 AM

The A-5 does work for sniping, although it's not ideal. You'd need to get rid of that flatline and replace it with something that makes less noise.

I'm dumping my A-5 this summer in favor of the Tiberius Arms T9.1. I've shot a phantom before, and I will agree that those are nice too.

In the end, you can go with pretty much whatever you want. Ideally, you're going to want something quiet, and something that you can rely on to be accurate (that's got more to do with your paint to bore match), and something you're comfortable with. The recommendations put out so far have all been good. Poke around for specifics, or feel free to send me a PM.
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2010 - 06:03 PM

T9.1 CQB. Light, small, and no air tank or hopper. Perfect I would think. Nail down your ghillie suit. Learn to crawl. Be patient...

I think I am going to write my own sniper guide soon. Because my name is 5N1P3R.

View PostGauss, on May 12 2010, 01:38 PM, said:

A sniper.

Seriously.

You know, the Autococker type stuff.
:D

I laughed haha

#13 Guest_Schecter_*

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:31 PM

View PostActive Member, on May 13 2010, 06:03 PM, said:

T9.1 CQB. Light, small, and no air tank or hopper. Perfect I would think. Nail down your ghillie suit. Learn to crawl. Be patient...

I think I am going to write my own sniper guide soon. Because my name is 5N1P3R.

I laughed haha

The guy in your sig appears to be defying gravity. Defying gravity isn't tourney legal.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users