Special Ops Paintball: what do you belive is the best hopper/loader for under $100. - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +

what do you belive is the best hopper/loader for under $100. Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Weigel21 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 November 2008 - 03:08 AM

View PostStealingYerMail, on Nov 22 2008, 01:14 AM, said:

My experience with hoppers is kind of limited since I mainly use gravity hoppers like the Archon or Cyclone hoppers... although when I don't rock the Archon on my Mag I use a Ricochet AK. Probably under-powered for your uses, but I really like the Ricochet design and how they work... no eyes, no sound, the balls just have to put pressure on a piece of extending plastic. Not sure if all Ricochets are like that, but the higher end ones seem like they'd make a good hopper unless you need a faster feed rate or don't like them for whatever reason.

And didn't someone stand on a Pulse when they first came out?

Currently, I have four standard gravity hoppers, one Archon's dual feed hopper, a Ricochet AK, and a Ricochet Apache. I really liked the AK until I got electic markers, then it just wasn't fast enough. The Apache does a pretty good job, but I bought the LCD version and soon found out I'd been better off with the LED one. I though it had a ball counter like the 2K and also figured the timer would be useful. Sadly it didn't have a counter and I found I haven't got a need for the timer. It rarely misfeeds, but I kinda wished it had a larger capacity. It operates the same as all the other Ricochets except the G2k and the A5 variants as they are gravity feed.

Yeah, there are videos of people standing on Pulse hoppers and even using one as a hammer, but many people have said that the shell easily broke on theirs when shot. I'm wondering if perhaps it is only the clear and smoked ones with this issue.

#17 User is offline   RogueShooter 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:roguefaktion

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:37 AM

Kingman Fasta.

No, really.... Ignore the Kingman name, it appears to have been built for them by Apache (or whoever actually makes Apache loaders). Same "tongue" activation, much higher feedrate. In fact, from the vids and pics I've seen of the much-hyped Pinnokio, it appears to use the exact same internals as the fasta (same tongue, same paddes, same battery door, can't confirm100% the board and motor).

I have used mine at 20 bps on my TM7 and Ion for some time yet and have had NO problems with the loader. In fact, I've owned it for at least 6 months, played with it for at least 6-7 scenarios in that time (minimum 1-2 cases each game), and JUST had to change the batteries the last time I was out. Never had a break inside, or a jam, even when really lopsided paint was jamming in the bolt of my Ion, it was flowing free through the hopper. You can typically get them for about $60-$70 on ebay and other places, and it also has a 230 round capacity.

Of course, you can't go wrong with the viewloader either, so it comes down to your preference.. Either will keep up, but the Vlocity has a smaller profile and capacity, but I think it actually weighs more than the Fasta (in fairness, the VL IS built a bit better also, not to take away from the quality of the fasta, but the fit and finish of the VL is definitely better).

Edit- Note I'm referring to the 18V LED Fasta....

This post has been edited by RogueShooter: 25 November 2008 - 06:39 AM

"Use humility to make the enemy haughty. Tire them by flight. Cause division among them. When they are unprepared, attack and make your move when they do not expect it." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Jay, AKA Rogue... Chairman, Imminent Threat Scenario Paintball Team Proudly Sponsored By Urban Ops Paintball and Cousin's Paintball NJ

#18 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2008 - 05:10 PM

i havea fasta and would reccomend it to anyone .... cheap and fast. vl jr is nice but costs more . I have had pulses, halos and velocitys, but for the price, my fasta is nice, and like you said .. lightweight

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users