Special Ops Paintball: Has anyone heard of or brought from Sniper Paintball Gun Pro? - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Has anyone heard of or brought from Sniper Paintball Gun Pro? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Cross-Aim 

• Cross-Aim
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:GT Condor

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:29 PM

Just wondering if anyone has heard from or bought from Sniper Paintball Gun Pro. I saw that they had posted up here a few days ago. And went to their site. Anyone with any info would be greatly appreciated.

#2 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:57 PM

That post was the first time I have heard of them.

Looked around their site, but nothing there really interests me. I couldn't tell you either way about their reputation.
Member of Team Akkadian

#3 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:01 PM

I would stay away just based on all their products could be had from the manufacturers or more reliable sources.

Also half the crap they have in the FAQ makes no sense; for instance (edits in bold):

An M4 Real Action Paintball Marker or RAP4, also known as M4 RAM is a mechanically accurate paintball gun replica of a US military and Police machine gun. Really, so firearms (real steel) use Co2 to fire bullets now? The RAP4 operates in the same way the real military firearm does except it will only shoot PAINTBALLS. Not so much, but okay..The paintballs are fitted in metal alloy shells or biodegradable plastic shells. The M4 RAM is powered by an environmentally friendly CO2 tank. The RAP4 ejects each spent paintball shell after it is fired just like a real M4 machine gun. The RAP4 is a paintball marker designed specifically for realistic combat simulation, including magazine capacity (20 rounds), function, and form. It features a fully automatic firing mode.

The rest of their FAQ's don't make all too much sense either (namely the "can I use this at a field section, though it may be true at some fields).

Their "sister sites" are: http://www.sniperpai...unpro.com/links

Its basically all rap4 products, if you were to buy just go to RAP4's website and do so from there. That way you can't get screwed (well, except owning a cRAP4).

#4 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:55 PM

How is a CO2 tank enviormentally friendly?? :huh:

But i agree, just buy direct from the manufacturer. Unless they put their own custom parts (which probably aren't quality) on there, it is almost always cheaper to buy direct from the manufacturer and cut out the middle man. As the middle man needs to add markup in order to make cash on the deal...and yes...avoid cRap4 products. They are far from quality
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#5 User is offline   headshot4you 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:19 PM

Hey there, I bought from that site before. They were very helpful and I got exactly what I ordered with no issues at all. I would definitely go back!

#6 User is offline   headshot4you 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:29 PM

View PostCross-Aim, on 06 December 2010 - 02:29 PM, said:

Just wondering if anyone has heard from or bought from Sniper Paintball Gun Pro. I saw that they had posted up here a few days ago. And went to their site. Anyone with any info would be greatly appreciated.

I should also mention that I do the home work on my purchases, I could find things any cheaper on google merchant center.

#7 User is online   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:35 PM

How is a CO2 tank environmentally friendly??

I rarely defend cRAP4, but...
Given the general lack of technical knowledge shown in the article, I think that mean "enviormentally friendly" when compared to real firearms - with smoke, chemical propellants etc. CO2 isn't nearly as polluting as cordite.

I hope. Or the author just doesn't know what they're talking about...

#8 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:25 PM

View Postheadshot4you, on 07 December 2010 - 10:19 PM, said:

Hey there, I bought from that site before. They were very helpful and I got exactly what I ordered with no issues at all. I would definitely go back!

You should go back ... you work there. Come on Nate. Let's not play games. Don't push my buttons.

#9 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:32 PM

View Postshadow_772, on 06 December 2010 - 11:01 PM, said:

I would stay away just based on all their products could be had from the manufacturers or more reliable sources.

Also half the crap they have in the FAQ makes no sense; for instance (edits in bold):

An M4 Real Action Paintball Marker or RAP4, also known as M4 RAM is a mechanically accurate paintball gun replica of a US military and Police machine gun. Really, so firearms (real steel) use Co2 to fire bullets now? The RAP4 operates in the same way the real military firearm does except it will only shoot PAINTBALLS. Not so much, but okay..The paintballs are fitted in metal alloy shells or biodegradable plastic shells. The M4 RAM is powered by an environmentally friendly CO2 tank. The RAP4 ejects each spent paintball shell after it is fired just like a real M4 machine gun. The RAP4 is a paintball marker designed specifically for realistic combat simulation, including magazine capacity (20 rounds), function, and form. It features a fully automatic firing mode.

The rest of their FAQ's don't make all too much sense either (namely the "can I use this at a field section, though it may be true at some fields).

Their "sister sites" are: http://www.sniperpai...unpro.com/links

Its basically all rap4 products, if you were to buy just go to RAP4's website and do so from there. That way you can't get screwed (well, except owning a cRAP4).

Say WHAT??! LOL at spent paintball shells :P I guess you could say it "ejects" them...from the barrel. :D

#10 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:45 PM

View Postslinkyaroo, on 08 December 2010 - 12:25 AM, said:

You should go back ... you work there. Come on Nate. Let's not play games. Don't push my buttons.

yeah that is just cold...making a dupe account to promote your site... Not cool in the slightest.:angry:
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#11 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2010 - 08:52 AM

View Postslinkyaroo, on 08 December 2010 - 12:25 AM, said:

Classic.

:laugh:
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#12 User is offline   headshot4you 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:46 AM

So what if I work there! Does that not entitle me to an opinion on the subject for some reason? You obviously work for/with this website and seem to be able to offer your opinion on it just fine. Just because I work some place doesn't mean that I have to buy their products. I might work at a Ford dealership and drive a Chevy. Fact of the matter is that I wanted a paintball landmine and they had it. I also looked around at other places and they had the best price. I bought it, it showed up and it worked. If for some reason I can't talk about that it would be news to me.

#13 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 08 December 2010 - 11:01 AM

View Postheadshot4you, on 08 December 2010 - 10:46 AM, said:

So what if I work there! Does that not entitle me to an opinion on the subject for some reason? You obviously work for/with this website and seem to be able to offer your opinion on it just fine. Just because I work some place doesn't mean that I have to buy their products. I might work at a Ford dealership and drive a Chevy. Fact of the matter is that I wanted a paintball landmine and they had it. I also looked around at other places and they had the best price. I bought it, it showed up and it worked. If for some reason I can't talk about that it would be news to me.

Point being you did not give a disclaimer that you ARE an employee first...

Reminds me of that Anodizer website that just had NO credibility and was posting on various websites saying they had done all sorts of stuff but had no pictures OR references.

This post has been edited by cdrinkh20: 08 December 2010 - 11:01 AM

#14 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2010 - 11:04 AM

View Postheadshot4you, on 08 December 2010 - 11:46 AM, said:

So what if I work there! Does that not entitle me to an opinion on the subject for some reason? You obviously work for/with this website and seem to be able to offer your opinion on it just fine.

1. It is dishonest to create a second profile to be a "customer" for your company. It is also dishonest to provide a review of the company without specifying the disclaimer that you work there. People expect a degree of bias when one is attached or connected to an organization, and it helps to know that going into it.

The forum staff here are not paid by Special Ops, or by anyone else, to moderate and administer this forum. They volunteer to do so to help better the community. They can offer their opinions because it is simply that, their opinion. Nobody expects them to be collecting a paycheck depending on whether or not Special Ops sells goods.

(Come to think of it, I cannot recall the last time a staff member offered a review on any SO products, but that's getting off topic)

2. Check out the rules

12. You are allowed ONE (1) account. Multiple accounts are not allowed. If a second account is found it will be permanently suspended. Any and all infractions on the new account will be transfered to the original, plus the penalty for the dual account itself.

The rules are the rules are the rules, and that one isn't open for interpretation or a difference of opinion.
Member of Team Akkadian

#15 User is offline   headshot4you 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 08 December 2010 - 11:36 AM

I am done talking about it.

For anyone else that cares, here are the facts. I do work for SPGP and I am also a customer of the site. What I ordered came as described and without any issues. I am not paid to write this and if you want to go to the website that is fine, if you don't that is OK too.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users