#1 User is offline   Ka1iBuR 

• The swagger of an EMPEROR!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Ka1iBuR

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:10 AM

http://uk.eurosport....arage-door.html

Discuss?

"The 32-year-old Catalan rider was in his car on the way to training when he suffered the incident with the door of the garage," the team said in a statement....

...Earlier this year, he blew the whistle on a doping ring when he alerted authorities after receiving emails in which he was offered banned substances.

Does anybody else notice an uncanny similarity to a mafia hit? Killed IN his car, BY his garage door... This is exactly how they do these things.
B)

This post has been edited by Ka1iBuR: 23 May 2011 - 09:11 AM

#2 User is offline   MejorQueNada 

• it is better to watch something than to do something
  • Pip

Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:06 AM

Maybe he was in a convertible, and the garage door came down on his head. That kinda stuff totally happens in the movies.
:P

#3 User is offline   Ka1iBuR 

• The swagger of an EMPEROR!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ka1iBuR

Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:14 AM

Even still, you'd have to be pretty dumb to be killed by a garage door. Aren't they designed to either have weak motors or to automatically stop to prevent such things? I just think it's a bit too odd to be a coincidence.

#4 User is offline   Private Silver 

• Das poomp
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Private Silver

Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:46 AM

yeah, garage doors are supposed to be designed where if it hits something on the way down with enough force to slow it, its supposed to stop. I know for a fact there are certain brands that you could literally hold your arm out and have your hand palm up, have the door hit your hand, and it would stop. But again, that's newer doors with a specific set up.
Posted Image
SO Feedback +2/ E-bay feedback +14

#5 User is offline   dextonik 

• Grrrrrrr, ARRRG
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:dex.

Posted 23 May 2011 - 02:21 PM

At least it didn't say strangled by wet noodle While on toilet. That would totally have mafia hit written all over it.

This post has been edited by dextonik: 23 May 2011 - 02:22 PM

If you can't hack it, then I suggest you pack it!
I'm on it like white on rice, with a glass of milk in a snow storm.
Doesn't matter what gun you have, as long as you can hit what you're looking at.
Procrastinators of the world unite...TOMORROW

#6 User is offline   stinky 

• Pull My Finger
  • Pip

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:16 AM

haha. I think the mafia wants people to know when they "hit" somebody, they don't hide it or disguise it. It is intended to send a message and intimidate, so I don't think they would find a "cutesy" way of doing it, but who knows about the spanish mob. Some garage door openers have a torque feedback system that senses a change in the force of the motor to run and will either stop or reverse itself. I don't think that these settings are adjustable, they come factory set, but maybe the newer ones are. Other ones have photo eyes that can tell when an object is in front of the opening and will not close. The article said he was crushed between the car and the automatic door, but nothing said where he was at, in the vehicle with the top down, or laying on the hood. It does seem wierd that one of the failsafe over rides would not have kicked in if the garage door had been in auto. Maybe he has a really heavy garage dor and it was not engaged and just came down hard across his neck or head or something.

#7 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:47 PM

"tornado killed by garage door..."

anyways...as far as Tondo being killed by garage door, sounds a little absurd, but not the most absurd thing I have heard.
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users