Special Ops Paintball: Broadsword vest - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Broadsword vest Played all Day at Oklahoma D-Day

#1 User is offline   MIGHTY443rd 

• 2nd commander MIGHTY of the 443rd T.C.U.
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:MIGHTY

Posted 11 June 2005 - 09:25 PM

Played all day and this vest was wonderful. Even went up the atlantic wall with it. Perfect weight distrabution and balance. Heavy with all the paint and air but it performed great.9 out of 10. Any questions?????

#2 User is offline   shibbyshack 

• SHIBBY!
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:super duper dude

Posted 13 June 2005 - 12:54 PM

does it get in your way when laying prone (flat) or what?

#3 User is offline   MIGHTY443rd 

• Pip

Posted 13 June 2005 - 01:08 PM

I took a german bunker on the alantic wall at D-DAY with the vest on wich I used it prone alot. It was fine besides the grenades, I was afraid to squash them. But besides that ill snipe any day in it or crawl any where! It will take some gettin used to but it will be the best investment ever!

This post has been edited by MIGHTY443rd: 13 June 2005 - 01:09 PM

#4 User is offline   flyboy 

• One BPS can still get you out
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:flyboy

Posted 13 June 2005 - 03:34 PM

MIGHTY443rd, on Jun 12 2005, 12:25 AM, said:

Played all day and this vest was wonderful. Even went up the atlantic wall with it. Perfect weight distrabution and balance. Heavy with all the paint and air but it performed great.9 out of 10. Any questions?????

The only question I have is....

I ordered mine on 5/31 and the order still says its on HOLD.
:RANT:

I'm a big guy, I need a vest!!! B)

thanks for the review, I'm looking forward to (someday) getting mine.
Boss Company

#5 User is offline   Digital Pirate 

• Commonwealth Expeditionary Force
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:DigitalPirate

Posted 14 June 2005 - 05:00 PM

flyboy, on Jun 13 2005, 03:34 PM, said:

MIGHTY443rd, on Jun 12 2005, 12:25 AM, said:

Played all day and this vest was wonderful. Even went up the atlantic wall with it.  Perfect weight distrabution and balance.  Heavy with all the paint and air but it  performed great.9 out of 10.  Any questions?????

The only question I have is....

I ordered mine on 5/31 and the order still says its on HOLD.
:RANT:

I'm a big guy, I need a vest!!! :D

thanks for the review, I'm looking forward to (someday) getting mine.

You should have checked out www.cops911.com they'll custom design a vest for you. :wacko:

#6 User is offline   MIGHTY443rd 

• Pip

Posted 14 June 2005 - 07:09 PM

had lots of them at D-Day. Call em and tell em to ship you one...lol

#7 User is offline   Cowboy5811 

• Oregon Tactical/Filthy Few
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cowboy5811

Posted 14 June 2005 - 07:16 PM

Yeah I love mine the only complate I have about it is, as soon as I pull the flap the pod falls out. Unlike other vertical harnesses which hold on until pulled this one just drops. other than that it is an awsome set up 9 of 10.
IPB Image
"Its only funny till someone gets hurt... Then its HILLARIOUS!
My Birgade Page
The White Board

#8 User is offline   MIGHTY443rd 

• Pip

Posted 18 June 2005 - 07:30 PM

I changed my mind. Im givin it a 9.5, because i look so freakin bad a$s in it!!!!!!!!!!!! Walk on players scringe whene they see me and this vest and my tricked out A-5. Most importantly it is veryy comfortable and usefull and bad@ss.............Just thought id drop in.

#9 User is offline   ghostBear 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2005 - 03:49 PM

dose the vest have anny thing u can hang ur gun off of if u have remote
[font=Arial Black] [i] [size=3]They Shall Know No Fear

#10 User is offline   cooperwash2000 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Post icon  Posted 23 June 2005 - 06:55 PM

yes there are a pair of composite d-rings mounted on the vest. They sit to either side of where the zipper stop is up top. Not sure If they hold they weight of the gun(havent tried it yet) but I would assume so.

The broadsword vest (digi camo, LG) I recieved has some minor differences to the one shown on the store site. I'm referring to the actual product page where you place an order

First, the D-rings. they are sewn directly to the mesh layer. I cant vouch for the strength of the D-rings(made of some kinda composite plastic) or the attachment but both seem to be very strong.

Second, there is a large rectangular velcro patch above where the the tank pouch sits, centered on the back. Apparently its for team name patchs, scenario patchs etc.

third the little logo patch above the radio patch was not on mine

and last the mesh of the vest I got seemed to be a darker shade of green but that might be due to the way the photo was taken

other mentionables about the vest not covered on the product page:

the lower 2 pockets are removable. A system of velcro straps hold them in place, very securelyt I might add. when reomved a strap in the camo pattern you picked is left behind so no big black fuzzy thing in the front, very cool. Supposedly COPS911 is making different kinds of pouchs and holder than can be used instead of the ones that come with the vest but for now its use them or have nothing to in their place. I think maybe the speops 2 pod packs MIGHT be able to be put there but dont qoute me on that.

the +2 pod thing are strechy pod holders. they kinda stand out, espercially with full pods of neon green balls or something like that. which defeats the whole camo thing IMO. then again a sharp Knife and voila, no stretchy pod holders

The other 6 have a rigid peice of plastic around the neck of the holder. pods slide in very nice and should take larger pods( I use DYE flip tops wich are a little bulkier than most other pods) The plastic peice is glossy white however. I find the color odd(why not black or OD greeen?) but with a pod in you cant tell

The top pocket right hand pocket is not removable, it is sewn directly to the the mesh. one of the few things I'm kinda annoyed at. word of caution you might snag your remote hose or stock on the pocket if you play with the gun tight to your chest and the pocket sits high enough in might block a flat place to rest the stock when you do bring it up. depend on how your play.

the web support only attchs to the back peice of the vest. on the sides and front its very much like a pod belt. it consist of 4 seperate flaps the can be arrayed in a great variety of lengths. When running the front of the vest will bounce a bit but the back stays compleely put.
(suggestion to the vest makers; figure out some way to velcro the front vest to the belt)

The side adjusts to increase waist size are 3 straps with sliders and yes they were not kidding when it can be adjusted way out. The shoulder adjust for length are velcro patchs and another point of concern. they seem to be very strong but with a gun attched to the D-rings, full pod load(8) and a large tank, I'm not sure if the velcro will hold if the length of the vest is increased, thereby decresing the amount of velcro contact. when I got the vest I assumed it would be some kind of strp system but the velcro works better IMO.

The web belt thing looks like it should work. 4 points 2 in front 2 in back are adjustable to the size of the belt. Dont have a web belt so not much more to say.( another sugggestion to the vest makers. make these detachable using the same sort of clips the are on the tank holder. loose straps flapping around are annoying and not every one will use a web belt)

Last sizing. I'm 6 2, 205. and a LG rides short on me with the shoulder velcro making full contact by 4 inchs or. With the side adjust completelly pulled in the chest waist diameter is around 38, fits me fine but I have to adjust the side straps completely short. IF your over 6 ft get an XLG, 5 6 to 6 get an LG. better to buy this too long and adjust up the too short and adjust down, again taking in consideration the velcro length adjust. It would really suck trotting along and having a shoulder strap pop off. The belt wont let it fall off but youll have to stop, take it off, adjust etc.

Personally I give a 9.25. the velcro shoulder adjust, the nonremovable pocket, and the big black velcro patch on the back(it stands out quite a bit) are the only things that keep it from being a ten

I recommend gettin this to anyone who want a good vest. Its tres comfy, VERY well made, and should last about forever. A lot of my knitpicks can be fixed with a a knife simply be removing the offending peice.

#11 User is offline   ghostBear 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 June 2005 - 11:21 AM

lol dose anny one here havea belly like me and how would it fit around it lol
[font=Arial Black] [i] [size=3]They Shall Know No Fear

#12 User is offline   cooperwash2000 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 24 June 2005 - 02:08 PM

Lol, Ive got one too. Every part of me is rather skinny except my gut ( family trait ). with the slide adjusts to their smallest length, the vest fits just snug. I've got a 42 inch waist at the widest point and I dont have to suck in at all. That and the stretchy support thing will contain the beer belly a bit anyways.

The width adjustments can be nearly anything and the vest can take it. I'd worry far more about the shoulder to waist length, especially if you like to have your pods and stuff ride low on your waist.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users