• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Chest Protector necessary?

#16 User is offline   BLACK MAMBA 

• Living Luxerific
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 January 2008 - 06:20 AM

well they are not bulky if you get the right one...empire ground pounder is a very nice one to get, fits like a t shirt with lil bit of padding in all the right places...as for playing with no shirt on do you want a metal of honor for that? thats just stupidity right there.....

This post has been edited by Beast02: 24 January 2008 - 06:21 AM

Posted Image
MM PB /VALKEN / FLASC / CCC / COMPULSIVE / MSS / TIBERIUS / GUERRILLA

#17 User is offline   Tu_Padre 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:West Staines Massive

Posted 24 January 2008 - 06:27 AM

as for playing with no shirt on do you want a metal of honor for that? thats just stupidity right there.....

not cool

I play without a shirt occasionaly but thats becuase I live in georgia and we play in 100 plus degree weather on regualr occasions.

It takes more guts to play with a hoody down here than without a shirt.

I really don't think its stupidity.

This post has been edited by Tu_Padre: 24 January 2008 - 01:43 PM

Group:banned #16 Feedback: SpecOps +14/-0 MCB: +2/-0

#18 User is offline   Kirikin 

• Take the walk or take the welt!
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:-Vulcan-

Posted 24 January 2008 - 07:55 PM

View PostTu_Padre, on Jan 24 2008, 08:27 AM, said:

as for playing with no shirt on do you want a metal of honor for that? thats just stupidity right there.....

not cool

I play without a shirt occasionaly but thats becuase I live in georgia and we play in 100 plus degree weather on regualr occasions.

It takes more guts to play with a hoody down here than without a shirt.

I really don't think its stupidity.

Exactly. You have no idea where I'm coming from. Keep your malicious comments to yourself.

#19 User is offline   mongoman 

• mongoman
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:104914

Posted 24 January 2008 - 08:17 PM

Chest protector sure if you bunker alot or get bunkered alot or if you plan to reff at all. Like the post above the ground pounder fits like a t shirt and the pads are light but good enough to take some of the force off the ball. I also always wear a neck protector when I play after a 3 week nasty scar from a shot from 3 feet.

This post has been edited by mongoman: 24 January 2008 - 08:17 PM

#20 User is offline   BLACK MAMBA 

• Living Luxerific
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2008 - 08:26 PM

definately not a malicious comment....
Posted Image
MM PB /VALKEN / FLASC / CCC / COMPULSIVE / MSS / TIBERIUS / GUERRILLA

#21 User is offline   SureShot 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 25 January 2008 - 07:45 AM

Not really, unless you have boobs.

#22 User is offline   yak07 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:yak07

Posted 25 January 2008 - 08:28 AM

Ive never wore one but have seen people wear the empire one and others like it. They are not bulky at all just a little bit of padding the should fit tight to preform like they are suppose to. Im sorry but safty first playing with no shirt is not safe. Im in Maryland where in the summer 90 - 100 degree with 90 - 100% humidty is normal and I have never seen or know of a field that would allow you to do that.
www.myspace.com/marylandpaintballplayers

#23 User is offline   Chicken Nuggets are pretty 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 25 January 2008 - 09:15 AM

theyre ok if all u wear is a t shirt but dont wear it if u are wearing hoodies

#24 User is offline   Tu_Padre 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2008 - 12:42 PM

View Postyak07, on Jan 25 2008, 10:28 AM, said:

Ive never wore one but have seen people wear the empire one and others like it. They are not bulky at all just a little bit of padding the should fit tight to preform like they are suppose to. Im sorry but safty first playing with no shirt is not safe. Im in Maryland where in the summer 90 - 100 degree with 90 - 100% humidty is normal and I have never seen or know of a field that would allow you to do that.

Ok, I respect that, but down here I have never been to a feild that won't let you play without a shirt.

I also have a question. What is unsafe about it. I've never heard of injury coming from contact with a paintball on bare skin. What about arms, legs, backs of heads?

That is a serious question, if there is a hazard I might stop, I don't want personal injury.

As for wearing chest protectors, its all personal preferance. I've met some people who are afraid they'll get bashed for wearing one and on most occasions that is simply not true. You may use one for a while and find that you like it better with out one. But is it nessecary, no.

#25 User is offline   yak07 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 25 January 2008 - 12:56 PM

I dont think its a major hazard. I just dive and slide alot and say there is somethng on the ground that wont go through your shirt but may jab your skin. I know that may sound funny but you may be able to slide over a piece of glass or wood with your shirt on but the same piece of glass/wood may penatrate your skin. Yes I know that it can still happen when wearing a shirt but Id rather have a thin layer of protection. Also one of the fields I play on has wood Spools as bunkers and if a piece is sticking out and you run aginst it with a shirt on it may snag now if it was your skin and it "snags" you are going to have a nice scrape or perhaps a nice deep splinter. Again its not the serious and I doubt anything serious is going to happen but Id just rather have something there so protect me. Oh also if your playing in the woods and the field has wood pallets as bunkers. A nice rusty nail cutting the skin is not fun and the needle for thr tetnis (sp) you should get if you hadnt had one in 5 years sucks to.

#26 User is offline   Tu_Padre 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2008 - 01:06 PM

Ok yeah, I get you.

Yeah, depending on where you play it's probably best to wear a shirt. And on most occasions I do. But if we go to the speedball or plains field where there is no shad whatsoever, I'm most likley taking it off. but you are right.

And beast, while your comment was not entirely malicious, it wasn't the best way to say it. Saying "What you want a medal of honor" is making it sound like he was trying to be tough or something when he was just trying to state his opinion.

But yes, Yak and beast you make good points but there is deffinatley circumstances.

#27 User is offline   yak07 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 25 January 2008 - 01:09 PM

oh yea... and I burn easy and sunburn SUCKS too!! lol

#28 User is offline   Tu_Padre 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2008 - 01:13 PM

lol, that would suck getting hit on a sunburn area. I don't really burn easily. I have lived in GA all of my life and hate shirts. Some might call me redneck but if I don't have to wear a shirt I don't, lol.

Oh, and I looked at some of the empire chest protectors on action village. If your looking at getting one I would get that one. They look pretty cool, its built right into a t-shirt, plus (some) are fairly priced.

#29 User is offline   Galihad 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Galihad

Posted 25 January 2008 - 03:49 PM

props to being willing to play shirtless, but even in Oklahoma in June I wear at least a shirt, nipple shots hurt bad enough think about a shot there without a shirt, it would probably swell up and poke out for a good week

The Empire one looks ok, I still don't really like the idea. I would go for some underarmor before that, some padding and its nice to have clothes that wic sweat away from your body
Christian paintballers -beating the hell out of satan with tiny balls-
Sabre #117
My feedback!:click here

#30 User is offline   JKLNHYD 

• OG Newb...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2008 - 03:59 PM

View PostTu_Padre, on Jan 25 2008, 12:06 PM, said:

And beast, while your comment was not entirely malicious, it wasn't the best way to say it. Saying "What you want a medal of honor" is making it sound like he was trying to be tough or something when he was just trying to state his opinion.

Wow, it did sound like he was trying to be tough. No harm done though. Take it from me, it is cool being tough. :D

And beast02 was stating his opinion also. He was not flaming or attacking the member, but the decision. It wasn't maybe a compliment but it hardly should have caused an uproar.

If someone IS handing out medals, I want one too...
My senior member list, Pm me if you think you should be on it. PUZUMA Tyler MurderDeathKill Animal Mother BlackOpsghost Evil Finger Uwannago Weapso Tyger Dr. Wiggy The Stuntman Cops911 Riddick Twistedpsyche Custom Cowboy CamoDeafie Redleg64 ClumsyNinja DigitalPirate Slinkyaroo The Dirty Samurai Neo Enhander AirHOg shadow 772 LONGBOW deltapaintball Styro shadowlord Gunslinger7 Enders War Prodigy evillepaintball Deus Wolf Rifleman ghost93 luke-inator
My New Homie List. PM me
agentM192 nos4atu florentine PhantomAssassin thebostinian T-Freak Ka1iBuR StealingYerMail Not You
My Profile Friend's List, who wants on?
"Calm you down? Done. Enjoy your vacation."- PuzumaClick the link

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users