Chest rig?? I'm at a loss...

#1 User is offline   Wh0pp3r 

• Squad Marksman
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:36 PM

Hey everybody.

Looking for some help here.
I've had all winter to get a setup ready but so far the only conclusion I've come to is that I need a chest rig.
I want to stay EXTREMELY light, agile and mobile.
I run a Tiberius Arms T9 so I'm gonna need room for mag pouches.
Other secondary or possibly unneeded things are a SMALL dump pouch, something to hold some 10rd tubes.
Also needed are space for a snack bar or 3 and a small/light camelbak.
I'm going to join the Alberta Milsim Group (which the Bugstompers team founded) this summer so that means HARDCORE 10 hour MILITARY SIMULATION scenarios so I need to be atleast semi sustainable.
Color must be OD green or Multicam (Multicam is preferred but is not viable if its MUCH more expensive then just OD)
NOTHING ON MY LEGS, BACK (besides the camelbak), OR WAIST (unless it's tiny and won't impede movement at all).

So far I've been thinking about the:
TT Mini Mav https://dstactical.com/product_info.php?cPa...d754566f33d97a9
Milsig mag pouches (over m4 pouches because of the smaller profile/size) http://www.milsig.ca/store/index.php?main_...products_id=343

But that still leaves:
snack bars
water (small/light camelback)
small dump pouch
10 rd tube ?holder?

And will I even be able to fit all of that on the rig? Is there a SLIGHTLY bigger chest rig available in Canada?

(As a side note I have heard of the ExtremeStitchworks/FEAR P3 pack and even though it looks like a great product I'm not interested because it is still a podpack (which isn't even allowed at the AMG [Alberta Milsim Group]).

I need all of this from a small chest rig. Suggestions??? xD Help would be VERY, VERY much appreciated.

This post has been edited by Wh0pp3r: 24 April 2010 - 01:29 PM

-Vinny
T9 Longbow

#2 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:45 PM

Contact Extreme and talk custom work. They can make it fit your need exactly.

#3 User is offline   TeleFragger 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 20 April 2010 - 02:18 AM

View PostWh0pp3r, on Apr 19 2010, 10:36 PM, said:

Hey everybody.

Looking for some help here.
10 rd tube ?holder?

well when i was looking... i found somewhere a video of a guy that made his own by piecing different parts together..
for the 10rnd tube holders... he used a shotgun shell pouch...cut the flap off and puts it on his vest upside down..

the 10rnd tube holders then slide up into the shotgun shell holders and viola....

i didnt go that route yet.... will see what i got when it gets here.. but having 10mags I dont see a need for 10rnd tubes on me...... ;)
*********Feedback**** click on a link below
-------Specops-------------MCB

#4 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 April 2010 - 02:53 PM

Scout, a member here, from Armor of God Paintball did a great video:
ef8gy3pod7w
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#5 User is offline   Wh0pp3r 

• Squad Marksman
  • PipPip

Posted 24 April 2010 - 01:40 PM

Bump.
Any more ideas?
-Vinny
T9 Longbow

#6 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 24 April 2010 - 02:11 PM

Have you looked at the Special Ops Forge vests? http://shop.specialopspaintball.com/catalo...amp;x=0&y=0
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#7 User is offline   TeleFragger 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 24 April 2010 - 08:14 PM

sorry i drank too much tonight to really remember.. but..
extreme stitchwork.... pistol players pack... i think that was it... seemeed.. nice..
on back.. 3 mags on left and 3 on right... holds pod tubes in middle... grr gonna go look...

#8 User is offline   TeleFragger 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 24 April 2010 - 08:19 PM

ok started typing in google and autofill put
extreme stitchwork Primary Pistol Player Pack

so searched and got...
FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.x7og.net/vests-packs/23808-extr...layer-pack.html

ok time for more beer....
helping someone in need is a tiresome and thurst deprived deed!!!!

#9 User is offline   Wh0pp3r 

• Squad Marksman
  • PipPip

Posted 24 April 2010 - 10:13 PM

Thanks for the suggestion telefragger but I've already mentioned in my initial post that I'm not interested in it because 1. I hate podpacks wrapped around my waist and 2. these are not allowed at the milsim scenarios I'm going to be attending.

Your excused though since you've been drinking though :tup:
-Vinny
T9 Longbow

#10 User is offline   TeleFragger 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 25 April 2010 - 06:15 AM

View PostWh0pp3r, on Apr 25 2010, 01:13 AM, said:

Thanks for the suggestion telefragger but I've already mentioned in my initial post that I'm not interested in it because 1. I hate podpacks wrapped around my waist and 2. these are not allowed at the milsim scenarios I'm going to be attending.

Your excused though since you've been drinking though :)

wow i never thought scenario games would actually have those kinda rules!!!! no pods?!?!?!? what are you supposed to do then??

#11 User is offline   Wh0pp3r 

• Squad Marksman
  • PipPip

Posted 25 April 2010 - 10:09 AM

Well telefragger, is people are using 30/50/100 rd pods they usually put them in M4 or AK pouches.

I'm planning on joining something called the Alberta Milsim Group (AMG) and it is as milsim as paintball can be.

I'll just say some of the rules so you get an idea of what they're about:

-markers must be deemed 'milsim' enough so 99.9% of speedball guns are not allowed. It is encouraged to mod your marker to look similar to a real-steel weapon.
-all players must wear BDUs and generall all players must get a Multicam set. The STARS team within the AMG also wears Marpat. Blue force (good guys) must wear Multicam (or light colored BDUS like coyote brown etc) and the Red force (bad guys) must wear Tiger Stripe (which the club has a few sets they lend out when needed) (or darker, green based camo like Cadpat).
-you must have military footwear
-you must have a military vest, chest rig, webbing etc
-you are allowed to wear goggles only (if you are 18+) (Unless the AMG is at a conventional pay field where full masks are required)
-limited ammo. 100 rd or less loader/hopper. tac-caps, magfed, 50rd hoppers are encouraged.

-rifleman: max 15bps full auto, and 100rd loader. Can carry up to 500 rds i think?
-gunner: max 30bps, 200rd loader. Carry as much paint as possible. Teammates should give them paint if needed. Treated as assets from the headquarters and sent where needed.
-scout/sniper team: must pass a course run by an ex US Special Forces soldier. Only snipers use First Strike rounds. Main role is recon. Scout provides security for sniper, and spots for him, both must decide to make a shot (only trained for body shots) granted that the shot is safe and will not anyone else. Ghillie suits are encouraged. Treated as assets from the headquarters and sent where needed.
-leadership positions
there are also secondary roles of:
-medics (hits to arms and legs leave you wounded, they must wipe the hit and place a bandage on you)
-engineers (special roles per the scenario, hits to your marker render it broken and cannot be used til fixed by engineer or eliminated)

When you are eliminated you do the usual (call out your hit, raise your arms, let everyone know your out) BUT instead of walking to a dead box you lie on the ground and place a red piece of cloth on your head/chest, and wait 5 minutes (you need someway of telling this like a watch). This allows time for the enemy to search you for props. Then you reinsert pn spot or head to a designated area (ie a defending team retreating back to a new area)

Generally when you start out if you don't have all the necessary gear you can still go as long as you don't exploit that for too long.

The AMG hosts their own milsim scenario games that can last 10 hours straight, a whole weekend, etc etc (they are also going to host their first night game in June.)
They also attend local scenarios as a large group dressed in Multicam all on one team.

Within the AMG there are also two teams:
-The Bugstompers. A very well known milsim team who founded the AMG last summer. Based out of Calgary.
- STARS (Special Tactical And Recon Squad). Newly formed team. Based out of Edmonton.

Well... That was a mouthful. Hopefully everyone has an idea of what I'm getting into.

(Excuse my spelling mistakes)

This post has been edited by Wh0pp3r: 25 April 2010 - 10:13 AM

-Vinny
T9 Longbow

#12 User is offline   jtpaintball70 

• Stock-Class player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JTPaintball70

Posted 25 April 2010 - 10:43 AM

The no mask thing would make me walk the other way quickly. I won't play with anyone just wearing goggles

This post has been edited by jtpaintball70: 25 April 2010 - 10:44 AM

☻/ This is Muhammad.
/▌ 
/ \ Copy and paste him

#13 User is offline   Wh0pp3r 

• Squad Marksman
  • PipPip

Posted 25 April 2010 - 11:04 AM

Its not no masks. Players can, if they choose to, wear goggles only. These goggles must still pass all the proper safety requirements and must be securely on the head.

Players that wear only goggles also usually wear a shemagh (covering the neck and most of the face) and or a helmet.

There is no worry about bonus balling either as all are playing limited ammo and are all trained at the Training Camp in fire discipline.

Since everyone knows each other anyway, no-one will intentionally shoot at people faces if they're wearing goggles and will avoid close range, dangerous situations.

Snipers using First Strike will not take a shot unless both they and the Scout deem the shot safe and will aim only for the chest. They both have to pass a sniper/scout course and must be seemed responsible.

If people choose to wear only goggles and are worried about their teeth they are encouraged to wear a mouth gaurd.

So far, yes there has been the occasional hit to the face but there has been no complaints, no blood, and no injuries.

This isn't just some disorganized outlaw ball. The AMG is registered with the Alberta Government and has insurance.
-Vinny
T9 Longbow

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users