Special Ops Paintball: Will this fit the rails on my sp1? - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Will this fit the rails on my sp1?

#1 User is offline   Corey112 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:51 PM

Hey, I just bought a Smart Parts sp1 and was wondering if a sight like this would fit the rails.
Red dot sight

#2 User is offline   Spektre 

• Forum Stalker
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SPEKTRE

Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:03 PM

Well, Bidding has ended for the item, so you're a little late with the questions... lol To answer your question, however, yes, that sight will fit the rails on your SP1, but unless you have an offset rail you'll have to mount it on the side rail (which may very well be what you want to do).

This post has been edited by Spektre: 02 April 2009 - 09:05 PM

SPEKTRE, Recon Element
Grim Reapers Paintball

#3 User is offline   Corey112 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:08 PM

Yeah, I won the sight last night. :rolleyes:. And would it be very effective mounted on the rear side rail?

#4 User is offline   Spektre 

• Forum Stalker
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SPEKTRE

Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:16 PM

Well, that depends on your definition of "Effective." It should be fine, though. Your biggest problem will likely be getting your eye close enough to the marker to see down the sight (challenged, in most cases, by the mask). It will also be awkward to look down a sight that is so close to your trigger hand. To be honest, a sight on an SP1 is kinda goofy; but to each his own. I would recommend looking into an offset rail or other method of mounting. Or you could do what one guy did with his SP1 and make it into a longbow.
SPEKTRE, Recon Element
Grim Reapers Paintball

#5 User is offline   focus 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Focus

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:30 AM

I've had my SP-1 since they were first released, and use a red-dot sight like that is pictured.

With no modifications to the SP-1, that sight will fit.. The options being:
a. on the side rail. However with the sight here, it feels like you have to hold the marker too high up for the sight to be effective.
b. on the top rail, directly behind the feedneck,
-- This actually works pretty well, just keep both eyes open, and the dot will superimpose on your target automatically. (Human brain in dealing with eyesight convergence is pretty cool).

However, for me, I bought a 45degree rail (same one that is used for BT markers), which offsets the sight so that is it's high enough on the marker to be used, yet not directly behind the feedneck. This is the most comfortable setup for me and I'm able to very quickly aquire the dot.

Spektre:
Because the sight has no magnification, the eye relief is infinite, meaning, you don't have to have your eye close to the sight to see the dot. Works just as good with your mask on.

Work hard, play hard.. In that order.

#6 User is offline   Corey112 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:30 PM

I put it on the side rail, I use my tank as a stock so it's the perfect height, right at eye level.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users