• You cannot reply to this topic

Another creation of mine This time, nonpaintball related. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   CptObvious 

• Original Join Date- 29th October 2004 - 04:14 PM
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:CPTOBVIOUS

Posted 06 January 2005 - 04:24 PM

Well, while sitting around one day during shop class, waiting for our spackle to dry on our wall, me and a bunch of kids started playing poker. We must of went through six different types, playing each for a few rounds. Then I got a brainstorm, how about Poker-GoFish? By the time I thought of it, the bell rang and we were out. So, the next day, after applying another layer of spackle over the holes our teacher purposely made in the sheetrock, we began to play cards again, but this time we tried my idear of Poker-GoFish. After some tweaking of the rules, we realized we made a fun game, which I will now share the rules with ya.

Poker GoFish is best played with 2-4 players (you'll see why if you read below).

Each person is dealt five cards to start off with, yet can have no more than seven cards in their hands at one time. The person left of the dealer starts, that person asks a person if they have such-and-such a card. If yes, they get, if no, they pick up. This goes around the table, each player going only four times (thus why best played with no more than 4 players, because then it becomes a long game). In our style, betting took place before each person asked.

You can fold only after everyone goes through their first round. After everyone goes four times, they reveal their hands. The person with the best 5-card poker hand wins. (No wilds are used in this game). A player can use any 5 of their 7 cards to make the best hand possible. If someone needs to discard a card because they have more than 7, then that discarded card goes to the bottom of the deck.

The challenge to Poker-GoFish is that in one round, you may have the perfect hand, but then someone asks you for such-and-such a card and it could ruin your day. It becomes rather addicting, too. It may seem, at first, that the rules are confusing, but after you play it once through, it becomes second nature. Most GoFish rules apply to this game, too, in that you can only ask someone for a card if you have it in your hand.
US Air Force
Posted Image
Proudly Sponsored by: ANS Gear || Pinokio Hoppers|| Stiffi Barrels || ChroniX Radio
[/b]

#2 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 06 January 2005 - 07:13 PM

OK. Now if most Go Fish rules are applied, and I can only ask for a card in my hand, how do you get anything? Do you lay your pairs aside? If I have the J,Q,K,A of hearts in my hand and need the 10 but don't have one in my hand can I opt to draw from the pile or do I have to ask for something?
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#3 User is offline   CptObvious 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 January 2005 - 09:01 AM

Oh, forgot. You can 'pass', which means you don't ask for anything, but instead, you pick up. Thanks fer asking that. But remember, ya can't have more the seven cards in yer hand.
US Air Force
Posted Image
Proudly Sponsored by: ANS Gear || Pinokio Hoppers|| Stiffi Barrels || ChroniX Radio
[/b]

#4 User is offline   ShadoAngel 

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:SHADOANGEL

Posted 08 January 2005 - 08:12 PM

*smacks thread to the top*
ShadoAngel | My BST Feedback Thread

#5 User is offline   CptObvious 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 January 2005 - 08:19 PM

*Helps smack it...oO* What we smackin' for? *smacks it again* :o
US Air Force
Posted Image
[/b]

#6 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 09 January 2005 - 07:27 AM

Because it's SoOpid funky card game.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#7 User is offline   ShadoAngel 

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:SHADOANGEL

Posted 09 January 2005 - 12:36 PM

darn "30 flood control" and whoever invented it. *growls*

In anycase, I "bumped" the thread to the top so more people can see it, so more people can have fun playing it. Savvy?

Also, bump sounds stupid. So I smack threads instead. Esp when I smack it across forums. That's fun.
ShadoAngel | My BST Feedback Thread

#8 User is offline   CptObvious 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 January 2005 - 01:16 PM

Lol. I knew what ya was doing...lol...jus' thought I'd help. Thanks. :D :P
US Air Force
Posted Image
[/b]

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users