Special Ops Paintball: 3d Camo! - Special Ops Paintball

Jump to content


  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3d Camo! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Oregon HydroGraphics 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10
  • Joined: 08-July 08
  • Location:Oregon

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:27 PM

Want to go to the next level of camo! Blend in with the surroundings even more!

Posted Image
Mike Cole
Oregon HydroGraphics
2187 South F Street, Unit B
Springfield, OR. 97477
541-746-8660
Oregonhg@yahoo.com
0

#2 User is offline   Mobles 

  • Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,921
  • Joined: 23-August 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tennessee/Alabama state line
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:36 PM

that looks pretty good
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

0

#3 User is offline   Maj Tom 

  • This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Posts: 5,986
  • Joined: 02-September 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Davisburg, Michigan
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:42 PM

Nice, keep the advertising to a minimum please.
0

#4 User is offline   Oregon HydroGraphics 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10
  • Joined: 08-July 08
  • Location:Oregon

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:46 PM

View PostMaj Tom, on Jul 8 2008, 01:42 PM, said:

Nice, keep the advertising to a minimum please.


Will do, I'm not here to spam my services! Just wanted to put one out there to see what kinda of response I get!
Mike Cole
Oregon HydroGraphics
2187 South F Street, Unit B
Springfield, OR. 97477
541-746-8660
Oregonhg@yahoo.com
0

#5 User is offline   Mobles 

  • Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,921
  • Joined: 23-August 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tennessee/Alabama state line
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:49 PM

View PostOregon HydroGraphics, on Jul 8 2008, 03:46 PM, said:

View PostMaj Tom, on Jul 8 2008, 01:42 PM, said:

Nice, keep the advertising to a minimum please.


Will do, I'm not here to spam my services! Just wanted to put one out there to see what kinda of response I get!

Good deal!
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

0

#6 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

  • Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,465
  • Joined: 17-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Athens, Ohio

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:52 PM

Looks really nice. Might I ask how you do it?
Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper
0

#7 User is offline   Maj Tom 

  • This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Posts: 5,986
  • Joined: 02-September 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Davisburg, Michigan
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:57 PM

View PostOregon HydroGraphics, on Jul 8 2008, 04:46 PM, said:

View PostMaj Tom, on Jul 8 2008, 01:42 PM, said:

Nice, keep the advertising to a minimum please.


Will do, I'm not here to spam my services! Just wanted to put one out there to see what kinda of response I get!

Just giving you a heads up

View Postblackcellsniper15, on Jul 8 2008, 04:52 PM, said:

Looks really nice. Might I ask how you do it?


Unless they use a different method, most hydro printers print the pattern on the surface of water then dunk the item into the tank. The pattern adheres to the marker then they bake it.

This post has been edited by Maj Tom: 08 July 2008 - 01:59 PM

0

#8 User is offline   Oregon HydroGraphics 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10
  • Joined: 08-July 08
  • Location:Oregon

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:03 PM

View PostMaj Tom, on Jul 8 2008, 01:57 PM, said:

View PostOregon HydroGraphics, on Jul 8 2008, 04:46 PM, said:

View PostMaj Tom, on Jul 8 2008, 01:42 PM, said:

Nice, keep the advertising to a minimum please.


Will do, I'm not here to spam my services! Just wanted to put one out there to see what kinda of response I get!

Just giving you a heads up

View Postblackcellsniper15, on Jul 8 2008, 04:52 PM, said:

Looks really nice. Might I ask how you do it?


Unless they use a different method, most hydro printers print the pattern on the surface of water then dunk the item into the tank. The pattern adheres to the marker then they bake it.


You are close! The image is on a Starch based film carrier, After prepping the item: IE: Marker, it is painted then baked, then the film is laid on the water and activated which disolves the film and leaves just the ink on the water. Then the Marker is dipped thru the image, after it is washed of to remove any contaminates it gets a protective coating then is baked again to cure all the processes!
Mike Cole
Oregon HydroGraphics
2187 South F Street, Unit B
Springfield, OR. 97477
541-746-8660
Oregonhg@yahoo.com
0

#9 User is offline   LoopyDood 

  • Evacuate the Earth
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 554
  • Joined: 22-September 07
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:44 PM

That's amazing! I'm just curious, how much did you charge before asked to take it down?
0

#10 User is offline   Ehko 

  • LDS guy who had name that was a bad word..
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 64
  • Joined: 26-June 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:75092
  • Brigade Name:Ehko

Post icon  Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:49 PM

its a little bit enviroment specific; but overal a good paint job!

9/20-looks
6/10-playability
<insert awsome signature here>
"Yea...It's kinda like... my herpes has herpes.....wait...does that mean I have herpes sqaured!?!?"-Sean Francks
"Rehab?Rehab is for quitters and panzis!"- Sean Francks
0

#11 User is offline   CON*RAD 

  • Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 514
  • Joined: 04-June 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Indiana
  • Brigade Name:CON*RAD

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:53 PM

looks very nice. I'd like to have a phantom in that camo, but cant find any, darn :laugh: Looks cool 9/10
AGD- "because quality always shoots straight"

pump player

SOUP
0

#12 User is offline   Charlie Echo 

  • Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 345
  • Joined: 14-November 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:30752
  • Brigade Name:Charlie Echo

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:54 PM

View PostEhko, on Jul 8 2008, 03:49 PM, said:

its a little bit enviroment specific; but overal a good paint job!

9/20-looks
6/10-playability


Environment specific?! If you don't like it, send them your own pattern of your choice that you make.
The cool thing about it is that you can send any digital image to them and they can print it on to your gun. It's brilliant. I have come accross you guys before. But when I was researching this out, I was thinking it was a bit pricey. Besides, most of the users here are under the age of 16 and are not working or get their parents to pay for the gear, unfortunately most are not willing to go that extreme. I would say that out of everone here, only 5% would go to the expense of a premium paint job. I on the other hand am a parent that loves paintball and the finer things in paintball. A sucker for custom stuff. My son does not complain.

My V-force grill has a soft rubber lower that is flexible. Does it stick to soft rubber?
Couldn't find any pricing. What does it cost to apply a pattern? to a typical paintball gun.

This post has been edited by Charlie Echo: 08 July 2008 - 10:03 PM


0

#13 User is offline   Oregon HydroGraphics 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10
  • Joined: 08-July 08
  • Location:Oregon

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:52 AM

View PostCharlie Echo, on Jul 8 2008, 09:54 PM, said:

View PostEhko, on Jul 8 2008, 03:49 PM, said:

its a little bit enviroment specific; but overal a good paint job!

9/20-looks
6/10-playability


Environment specific?! If you don't like it, send them your own pattern of your choice that you make.
The cool thing about it is that you can send any digital image to them and they can print it on to your gun. It's brilliant. I have come accross you guys before. But when I was researching this out, I was thinking it was a bit pricey. Besides, most of the users here are under the age of 16 and are not working or get their parents to pay for the gear, unfortunately most are not willing to go that extreme. I would say that out of everone here, only 5% would go to the expense of a premium paint job. I on the other hand am a parent that loves paintball and the finer things in paintball. A sucker for custom stuff. My son does not complain.

My V-force grill has a soft rubber lower that is flexible. Does it stick to soft rubber?
Couldn't find any pricing. What does it cost to apply a pattern? to a typical paintball gun.


I need to clear this up real quick! We have like 300 set patterns available, we can not do digital image transfers, I know of the process you are talking about, but we are a little different! The one you are talking about is Sublimation, which is a digital image wrapped around the part then baked at 450 + degrees to vaporize the image. Ours is a ink on a starch film that floats on water and then is submerged into the tank of water to transfer the images!

Ya I have been looking at a few sites that offer this process to you guys and I agree they are too pricey! A typical Frame, Barrel, and Body (dm6 style) will run you $100, plus return shipping.

Soft Rubber, No it won't adhere for various reasons, one the rubber is generally real oily, and if you strip the rubber of the oils to paint them they become brittle. Also the paint can only flex so far even with flex additives, before it will crack
Mike Cole
Oregon HydroGraphics
2187 South F Street, Unit B
Springfield, OR. 97477
541-746-8660
Oregonhg@yahoo.com
0

#14 User is offline   Charlie Echo 

  • Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 345
  • Joined: 14-November 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:30752
  • Brigade Name:Charlie Echo

Posted 09 July 2008 - 01:51 PM

I see. 300 set patterns. And...$100 sounds very reasonable to me. Well, everyone here knows my favorite is MultiCam. Do you have that?
That is a much more reasonable price than I thought. How durable is the ink? I am a little partial to duracoat, but the advantage of this process is you are not limited by painting by hand.

0

#15 User is offline   Oregon HydroGraphics 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10
  • Joined: 08-July 08
  • Location:Oregon

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:51 PM

View PostCharlie Echo, on Jul 9 2008, 01:51 PM, said:

I see. 300 set patterns. And...$100 sounds very reasonable to me. Well, everyone here knows my favorite is MultiCam. Do you have that?
That is a much more reasonable price than I thought. How durable is the ink? I am a little partial to duracoat, but the advantage of this process is you are not limited by painting by hand.


Would this be the one your looking for!!!! Yes it is Film #297!!!

Posted Image

The ink is sandwiched inbetween 2 other steps, 1st the basecoat of paint, then the ink, then depending on what you want, Matte finish is a polyviynl clear coat that gets 3 coats! It is the same protective coat, Remington, Savage, Marlin all use on their OEM Camo guns! Or if you chose HighGloss, I use Sikkens HS+ Automotive high solids clear!
Mike Cole
Oregon HydroGraphics
2187 South F Street, Unit B
Springfield, OR. 97477
541-746-8660
Oregonhg@yahoo.com
0

Share this topic:


  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users