• This topic is locked

Apple Can Die Apple Design Flaws 101.

#1 User is offline   Epic_Fail 

• The Mad King
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:*hug*

Posted 21 May 2010 - 04:41 PM

This is not an APPLE VERSE PC LOLOL thread. That is all, no elaborating. Bring that crap in and I'll ask a mod/admin to remove you from the thread.

Mac/ipod/apple owner here.

Apple hardware FRAGing sucks. Today, after buying a magic mouse and getting all excited, my macbook pro decides to lose my bluetooth module. Can't fix it myself, thanks to the unibody design.

When I put my laptop into sleep, it will wake up on it's own randomly, especially if it's moved. Even if a table close to it has a glass of water set down on it. The "shockwave" of setting a glass on a table wake up my laptop, apparently. Cause and fix? Unknown.

A while ago, my macbook decided to lose my webcam connection. I can't fix it myself, thanks to the unibody design.

Worst part? Apple hates you unless your giving them money at that exact moment. And even then, their kindness is dependent on the amount. FRAG you, Apple. This is my update thread, when problems are fixed, I'll post.

Consider this day 0. And the beginning of my retaliation.
How'd you do that, sexy? - Becc asking me a question.

Aaron: Alcohol sucks balls. / Fen: No, that's what I do. / Me - Fen sucks balls! / Fen - Only yours Epic.

#2 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 21 May 2010 - 10:40 PM

My uncles had all sorts of issues with Macs too...lost 2 or 3 hard drives because for some reason his mac had NO fan. What the heck? He taped a PS3 fan on the back after they did nothing useful to fix it; just gave him a new hard drive each time.

#3 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 21 May 2010 - 11:07 PM

Im sorry your having issues...

In my household we have 3 apple laptops ranging from 4 years old to brand new, 2 macbook and 1 macbook pro...3 Iphones...7 ipods...an Imac...and an old G4.

The only problems we have ever had with any of them was a software issue on a macbook that was fixed over the phone. We also had 2 broken screens on iphones and one on an ipod...all those times they just gave us new ones for free.

Currently we have 1 pc laptop that is complete crap and breaks when you look at it funny, all our other PCs were nothing special either and normally were extremely slow after more than a year.

#4 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 22 May 2010 - 02:23 AM

So since this isn't a "vs." thread, I'm just going to say this.
My old iPod died a couple years ago. The Creative Zen that I bought at the same time (to watch movies on), is still running strong.

I do not like using Apple products. They make me :P

I know my PC. I built it from scratch. Can't do that with Macs. I don't put junk onto it. My parents bought a Dell, and it was never as fast as it should have been because of all the junk that was preloaded (any off the shelf PC is like this). I immediately reformatted it and it was noticeably faster. Also, I use my PC for games (less so now that I broke down and got a 360). Up until recently, you couldn't do that on Macs.

Good PCs are like good cars. If you know how they work and you build them right, they will blow you away.

This post has been edited by Pirate: 22 May 2010 - 02:29 AM

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#5 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• 327 G.I.R. Bastogne Bulldogs
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MICHAEL J. CABOOSE

Posted 23 May 2010 - 04:50 PM

In the title, it says design flaw. Honestly i think its not a flaw, but just they way they planned it. gotta send it in? more money for them
Posted Image

Doorbells? Seriously? That's the swear filter?
. -Pirate
"Authenticity bro, everyone voids their bowels when they die."
-Guy at end of paintball movie

#6 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 23 May 2010 - 05:14 PM

View PostCuy, on May 23 2010, 04:50 PM, said:

In the title, it says design flaw. Honestly i think its not a flaw, but just they way they planned it. gotta send it in? more money for them

You are aware thats where the term consumer product comes from right?

They are meant to break so you need to buy a new one...thats how the world works...its not hard to make things that last for 30+ years there is just no business in doing that.

On that note though most apple products can run for many years with only the free software updates they provide.

#7 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• 327 G.I.R. Bastogne Bulldogs
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MICHAEL J. CABOOSE

Posted 23 May 2010 - 05:17 PM

I am well aware.
Posted Image

Doorbells? Seriously? That's the swear filter?
. -Pirate
"Authenticity bro, everyone voids their bowels when they die."
-Guy at end of paintball movie

#8 User is offline   MurderDeathKill 

• Spot 31
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MurderDeathKill

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:03 PM

View PostTeddy K, on May 23 2010, 05:14 PM, said:

View PostCuy, on May 23 2010, 04:50 PM, said:

You are aware thats where the term consumer product comes from right?

They are meant to break so you need to buy a new one...thats how the world works...its not hard to make things that last for 30+ years there is just no business in doing that.

On that note though most apple products can run for many years with only the free software updates they provide.

FRAGing capitalism. What we need are some good high-quality commie products.

I haven't had much of a problem with any mac products. I think it's because they're smarter than I am -- I figure if I tried to out-think my iPhone by "making it better," it would get pissed off at me and break. Long as I don't do anything to piss it off, it seems to treat me like a good serf instead of a bad mindslave...
Go Yoda -- I didn't order that!
Posted Image
T-6 A Texan II -- Vance AFB -- 71OTG Ghostriders -- 8FTS Ballers -- Cobra Flight

#9 User is offline   Epic_Fail 

• The Mad King
  • PipPip

Posted 24 May 2010 - 04:27 PM

I did do something to piss off my bluetooth - I bought a magic mouse.

Aaron: Alcohol sucks balls. / Fen: No, that's what I do. / Me - Fen sucks balls! / Fen - Only yours Epic.

#10 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 24 May 2010 - 04:53 PM

Every single Apple product has a built in "Screw you!" designed to make you spend more money. The iPod? Non-replaceable battery and only works with iTunes. iTunes? It used to be DRM-only, and Apple only changed due to competition. The iPhone? Liquid sensors on the OUTSIDE that can be triggered by sweaty hands, so they can use it as an excuse to invalidate the warranty. The iPhone is also locked to a particular carrier and the Apple App Store (in other words, they TELL you what to think). Apple computers? They charge for OS upgrades that are nothing more than glorified service packs. You have to PAY for the OS support you should have got when you bought the OS or system. Apple notebooks, specifically? They're unibody all-metal construction that dents and warps if the machine is bumped against something or dropped from even a short distance, a distance that a normal plastic and metal-framed laptop could easily handle. They then use this visible damage to invalidate your warranty when something completely unrelated breaks (I have a good friend who had this very thing happen).

And yet, after all of this, people still buy their overpriced garbage? Apple users are sheep, and Apple is the perverted sheperd. People need to wake up and stop being sheepshagged.

This post has been edited by WardenWolf: 24 May 2010 - 04:58 PM

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#11 User is offline   MurderDeathKill 

• Spot 31
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MurderDeathKill

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:17 PM

View PostWardenWolf, on May 24 2010, 04:53 PM, said:

Every single Apple product has a built in "Screw you!" designed to make you spend more money. The iPod? Non-replaceable battery and only works with iTunes. iTunes? It used to be DRM-only, and Apple only changed due to competition. The iPhone? Liquid sensors on the OUTSIDE that can be triggered by sweaty hands, so they can use it as an excuse to invalidate the warranty. The iPhone is also locked to a particular carrier and the Apple App Store (in other words, they TELL you what to think). Apple computers? They charge for OS upgrades that are nothing more than glorified service packs. You have to PAY for the OS support you should have got when you bought the OS or system. Apple notebooks, specifically? They're unibody all-metal construction that dents and warps if the machine is bumped against something or dropped from even a short distance, a distance that a normal plastic and metal-framed laptop could easily handle. They then use this visible damage to invalidate your warranty when something completely unrelated breaks (I have a good friend who had this very thing happen).

And yet, after all of this, people still buy their overpriced garbage? Apple users are sheep, and Apple is the perverted sheperd. People need to wake up and stop being sheepshagged.

baaa, my iPhone is still better than your blackberry and my iPod is the new industry standard of quality mp3/portable media.... baaaa.....

I mean, yeah, I know Apple is the root of all evil. I don't care. The products they make are incredible, so be happy.... baaaa......
Go Yoda -- I didn't order that!
Posted Image
T-6 A Texan II -- Vance AFB -- 71OTG Ghostriders -- 8FTS Ballers -- Cobra Flight

#12 User is offline   Epic_Fail 

• The Mad King
  • PipPip

Posted 24 May 2010 - 07:46 PM

Meh, my friend and sister have dropped their newer macbooks with no problems. I got mine right when they came out with the new stuff. So I've got bugs, just kinda pissed they won't do anything about it without me paying them. Again.

So boo. Apple is an evil capitalist machine - everyone but open source is. We all know and we all move on.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day three, Apple still won't talk. Thinking about going to a Apple Store up in Minnesota. See what they have to say.

#13 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:27 PM

I found a 2G 8GB iPod touch before Christmas. Put ads in the paper and what not, couldn't find the owner. It's a fun little toy but has it's faults.
When I found it the glass was cracked. Cost to replace it? $110.00 Cost for a 3g 8GB touch? $213.00 (prices include taxes).

When it was jailbroken I found it to be much better. Sadly I wasn't paying attention and upgraded the firmware to 3.1.3.
Jailbroken I could place apps in folders (games, TV/movies, gadgets, etc.) and could get a ton of useful stuff free that the app store doesn't even have to buy.

As for having to use iTunes.... To hell with that. Copy Trans is faster and easier. Probably because it's not bogged down with all the Apple ads.

iPhone? I think I might get a Droid instead when I can actually afford one.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#14 User is offline   Mehphisto 

• JUST A SMALL TOWN GIRL
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:33 PM

I really need to jailbreak my iPod.
Damn it feels good to be a gangster.

ELITESPORTS OT
The only original OT team

#15 User is offline   C0N0R 

• whose the guy who horked our clothes eh?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mad Sabre

Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:44 PM

overall im happy with my ipods, have never had a problem with any of them.

the problems come in with itunes though, major suckage. once i get it running right, it seems to be good to go. im just dreading moving it into my new computer.

no comments on the OS' though, ive been meaning to look into dual booting a hackitntosh of some sort and playing around with it, but i really dont want to bother spending hours on something that may or not work. but i have all summer to screw with it if i decide to.

edit- i wont touch the iphone unless it comes to verizon, it's a great phone, but AT&T sucks butt. the droid i'll be getting soon is blazing fast and gets awesome service though.

This post has been edited by C0N0R: 24 May 2010 - 08:46 PM

SO's own Guitar player/luthier (builder), ask me any questions about guitars or guitar building.
brownie points-15
Gear- Jackson DX10D with OFR, Tremol-no, and concentric pots. Schecter omen 6 with... wait.. wrong forum..
Hope you plan on keeping it, resale on big pickups is dropping faster than your mom's skirt-aqua__scummm

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users