Special Ops Paintball: just a thought for a position - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

just a thought for a position yes I actually did a search... Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   PUNISHMENT 

• I shoot, I scoot, I just wish I could aim.
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:tripwire_sniper

Posted 20 March 2008 - 04:52 PM

View PostGhillie Monk, on Mar 20 2008, 03:36 PM, said:

If you want to counter a sniper you should send another sniper.

that would use up resources that could be better used elsewhere. besides, in a normal game, a sniper that is moving, is just a rifleman. their skill as a sniper is useless if they are moving. snipers need stealth, patience and little movement to be effective. sending one out to counter a sniper is just like sending a saber out in ghillie.
They call me PUNISHMENT. Care to find out why?
if you let your girlfriend play paintball better than you, put this in your sig.
Soon to be member of the UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS. Where the hardcore kids play.
WTB: Planet Eclipse '07 EGO for $700 or less. must be in great shape.
WTB: a crossfire 68/45 HP tank RED for less than $140 (must be in great shape, still under hydro)
Special Ops Counter-Sniper #1 wanna be one? follow the link.

#17 User is offline   Cesh 

• nerd-shield dancer
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cesh

Posted 04 July 2008 - 08:11 AM

View PostPUNISHMENT, on Mar 20 2008, 04:52 PM, said:

that would use up resources that could be better used elsewhere. [...] sending one out to counter a sniper is just like sending a saber out in ghillie.

Or like sending a counter sniper.

I don't see the merit of an explicit CS position - call me blind here, but why? Any team member capable of identifying a sniper and holding a marker in his hand can accomplish this job, save the MH position who lacks somewhat speed and lower profile. There are no special CS tactics layed out, as there are none in Paintball. You search for the guy, you shoot the guy. What would a designated CS do differently from a Sabre with an accurate marker?

It seems like you had an idea and you are defending it now for it being yours, despite valid contra arguments. While it may look good on paper, it doesn't "out there".

Location: Hamburg, Germany Camo Pattern: German Flecktarn Marker: Tippmann A5 Sidearm: 32 Degrees Delta .68 /w Picatinny rails
MilSim: VLTOR stock, Metadyne RIS handguard & M4 magazine, rail covers, flashlight, fake laser system, flip-up front sight, QD sling swivels
Tech-Mods: APE Board E-Grip, 12'' Lapco barrel, APEX tip, Straightline barrel set, squishy paddles, QEV, red power tube, red dot sight
Propellant: HP System /w remote, 68/4500 Backup Propellant: HP System, 48/3000

#18 User is offline   C9H13NO3 

• Miramar Mafia
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:C9H13NO3

Posted 04 July 2008 - 12:35 PM

I was thinking the same thing. A countersniper, is just...well...a sniper. If he has to be able to identify where a sniper is hiding...he needs to think like a sniper. When there are no snipers to "countersnipe", he's going to be sniping. In the real world, countersnipers are regular snipers. Personally, I don't believe in paintball snipers or the specops positions, but if I did, countersnipers would just be snipers.

This post has been edited by C9H13NO3: 04 July 2008 - 12:36 PM

#19 User is offline   SMARTSHOT 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:SMARTSHOT

Posted 29 July 2008 - 12:56 PM

Aren't you really just playing counter Noob? You said yourself that the snipers a bunch of noobs.

Instead of hunt the Noobs, I'd rather play with them and teach them. But I'm sure there would be a big following for counter Noob positions. I'm just not part of it.

#20 User is offline   Scath an Bhais 

• MSGT. REV. MONGOOSE
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:REV. MONGOOSE

Posted 16 September 2008 - 01:43 PM

Actually, a counter sniper (at least ones that are stationed on military bases) are usually a roof walker or patrolmen, with a rifle capable of medium to long range accuracy, like a G3, (almost perfect example of a true counter sniper rifle). Of course, counter snipers can also simple be a sniper or a team of snipers on a roof, who moniter a bases surroundings, and if theres any "sniping" on the base, they shoot back. Normally one person has to die for the countersniper to do his job unfortunatly.
Same thing with VIP situations or high profile people who are threatened targets (i.e. president, generals, senators/congressmen/women, prisioners). Youll have dispersed team of snipers/counter sniper who moniter the surrounding. If they see someone pull a gun out, they 86 him, then theyre called snipers. But if they see the glint of a scope through a window or a rifle barrel coming out of a window, and they 86 him, theyre counter snipers. The only difference is, they might actually use a sniper's rifle. Mostly though the type of gun the counter snipers use a full size semi auto/full auto rifles (M14/M21, G3) with of course larger rounds than an assault rifle .308 compared to a .223.
Im all for a counter sniper position, still trying to draft my own position, but i totally dig counter sniper, because...like the thread starter, the people i play outlaw with are all stalker/snipers, mainly snipers though. The difference is... most of them are ex-military or offspring of ex-military (not noobs) and can lay in wait for an hour (at least) in a thorn bush (or anywhere) because thats what they were taught/good at.

Of course....i could be wrong.

This post has been edited by Scath an Bhais: 16 September 2008 - 01:50 PM

O'Tuathaigh
Fian. Glaine ar gcroi, Neart ar ngeag, Beart de reir ar mbriathar
Outlaw. CQB.
Played my first game at BHD '09 @ tactical paintball.

#21 User is offline   M.O.P. 

• Group: Penquin Mafia ....... no you can't join.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 September 2008 - 02:12 PM

Well i slightly disagree with slinks post it isnt dieing off but we just arent going by names. There are still those fast kids that are aggresive and run point (dagger) and the others who have more load and firepower but still are guick (medium rifleman) and those big guys with scooba tanks (hammers) we just have stopped going by names
................ Flippy the Wonder Bunny, Ace and MaDuce like ducks with a passion. My color is white. Morrowind addict.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users