Special Ops Paintball: New Propper MARPAT ACU cut review.. pics - Special Ops Paintball

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Propper MARPAT ACU cut review.. pics

#31 User is offline   Duran 

• "Hey, can I borrow five paintballs?"
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Duran

Posted 15 April 2007 - 04:21 AM

View Postgamer, on Apr 12 2007, 10:30 PM, said:

The ACU cut is currently the worlds best pattern (great pockets, mandarin collar, etc.), and it is VERY hard to find woodland marpat in the ACU cut. Proper rules.

That's your opinion, and I know many people love this cut also. But I find it uncomfortable and bulky. I prefer the simplicity of the MCCUU over the ACU. The velcro is annoying to open and close, and the angle is off to me (the MCCUU's slanted pockets are at less of a slant and sit lower).
I guess when it all comes down to it, it's how the uniform fits an individual's body, and you can't say their opinion is wrong. I'm just one of the freaks who doesn't like the ACU very much :rolleyes:

#32 User is offline   Mulletar 

• Emasculator of the puerile
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mulletar

Posted 15 April 2007 - 05:28 AM

not the air force the normal infantry

He isn't the Air Force. US Army 82nd Airborne Paratroopers. You obviously don't know much about what kind of equipment our infantry get.

How are you paying $350.00?!

Probably either a typo or he's a fan of RAID mod BDUs.

94% of the people on this forum have an annoying statistic in their signature. If you think that's ridiculously stupid, or even if you're a part of the 0.5% that couldn't care less, put this in your sig.

#33 User is offline   French 

• Group:Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QC MAD KID

Posted 15 April 2007 - 09:42 AM

View PostSpartanWarrior, on Apr 14 2007, 11:38 PM, said:

Wherever you're shopping for cammies, DON'T! How are you paying $350.00?! I paid $40 for a complete set of MARPAT straight from the Marine Corps warehouse. Did you pay $25 for just the top or bottom also? Either way, you can spend a tad more for an Official set from the Marine Corps which looks a LOT nicer. Not to mention it has the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor.

i only paid 36$ for the trouser

View PostRoanoke, on Apr 15 2007, 04:28 AM, said:

not the air force the normal infantry

He isn't the Air Force. US Army 82nd Airborne Paratroopers. You obviously don't know much about what kind of equipment our infantry get.

How are you paying $350.00?!

Probably either a typo or he's a fan of RAID mod BDUs.

i am not fallowing what Americans soldiers do ,becauze i don't live there

This post has been edited by QC MAD KID: 28 April 2007 - 09:08 PM

INFLUENCE 09 Vaughan Vipers RXL 2k10
WARNING HEAVY METAL click me /Here my feedback
Tdot feedback Group banned# 13 MCB feedback

#34 User is offline   gamer 

• Yes.... it hurts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHADOWOPS

Posted 15 April 2007 - 10:58 PM

I have done more reading on the topic of digital camo than most, and I would not be caught making up stories about how the US military chooses or tests their camo patterns. The truth is, we do not know. I am sure that with a military budget of 419.3 billion dollars a year they can make camo that works and test it accordingly. If one assumes they know why the goverment does what they do in regards to military spending they are simply wrong, as there is no way for a civie to know. One can only guess, and Id hardly stand on a soapbox with an arguement full of guesswork.

I also said the pattern was the best in regards to the "cut" of the BDU, not the colors. The pocket placement and mandarin collar, etc, are superior on the ACUs. Obviously the Crye stuff is amazing, but I hardly count Crye as a BDU, rather a luxury item.

Besides, in the spirit of the topic, someone found cheap BDUs and shared that find with us. Go ahead and speculate what the governement does with its tax dollars, but you gotta admit thats a little bit useless.
- I am Jack's complete lack of suprise. -

#35 User is offline   French 

• Group:Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QC MAD KID

Posted 16 April 2007 - 03:37 PM

QFT i will stop arguing with roanke
INFLUENCE 09 Vaughan Vipers RXL 2k10
WARNING HEAVY METAL click me /Here my feedback
Tdot feedback Group banned# 13 MCB feedback

#36 User is offline   Raziel66 

• What would Chesty do?
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Raziel66

Posted 28 April 2007 - 02:55 PM

Thought I'd add, I purchased a set of MARPAT camo from Henderson Hall the other day and it was made by American Apparel (like my Desert set), not Propper as shown in my pictures from earlier. Didn't see anything made by Propper there.

#37 User is offline   Falconfire 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Falconfire

Posted 12 August 2007 - 11:10 PM

View PostRaziel66, on Apr 28 2007, 05:55 PM, said:

Thought I'd add, I purchased a set of MARPAT camo from Henderson Hall the other day and it was made by American Apparel (like my Desert set), not Propper as shown in my pictures from earlier. Didn't see anything made by Propper there.

Military issue are made by many different companies. They all bid out for it and depending on who wins the contract thats who makes however many are ordered. I know in the Navy we had stuff made by at least 4 different companies including Propper and AA. Was quite a pain in the butt, since while they have to stick to standard military sizes occasionally one size from one company would be just slightly larger or smaller than another companies version of the EXACT same issue. This was notoriously a problem with dress uniforms, as those where the only ones that really had sizes per say, and not size ranges.

This post has been edited by Falconfire: 12 August 2007 - 11:13 PM

#38 User is offline   ring 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ring

Posted 28 August 2007 - 10:52 PM

most of my current camo

left to right
Issue ACU, Issue MCU/marpat "new, unwashed"
Propper Marpat/ACU "new unwashed", Chi-com multicam "washed 4 times", Propper MARPAT/ACU "washed 11 times"
issue DCU-tri color, issue gulf war 1 chocolate chip, woodlen BDU

Posted Image
Ohio paintball members map, add your self and a pic! http://www.frappr.com/clevelandpaintball
Cleveland Akron players find local games here www.clevelandpaintball.com

IPB Image

#39 User is offline   devildog189 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:devildog189

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:50 PM

im not trying to insult anyone, but i hope you guys know that wearing the "official" issue usmc cammies is illegal (with the ega in the pattern), because the marine corps. copyrighted, and trademarked the design, it is also disrespectful, the ones without the ega in the pattern are ok, if you guys insist on wearing them just dont get caught, atleast in public.
HONOR, COURAGE, COMMITMENT

semper fi!!

#40 User is offline   THE Biscuit 

• "...The snozberries taste like snozberries..."
  • PipPip

Posted 16 July 2008 - 10:16 PM

View Postdevildog189, on Jul 16 2008, 08:50 PM, said:

im not trying to insult anyone, but i hope you guys know that wearing the "official" issue usmc cammies is illegal (with the ega in the pattern), because the marine corps. copyrighted, and trademarked the design, it is also disrespectful, the ones without the ega in the pattern are ok, if you guys insist on wearing them just dont get caught, atleast in public.

You do realize that you just resurrected a thread that is almost a year old. :(
"So I'm sorry, but there are some noobs that are just more fun than a barrel of monkeys." -Snatch_Patcherson

#41 User is offline   devildog189 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 17 July 2008 - 02:26 PM

View PostTHE Biscuit, on Jul 17 2008, 01:16 AM, said:

You do realize that you just resurrected a thread that is almost a year old. :)

well, "my bad" just wanted to let them know, didnt know it was that old, what does it matter to you anyway, are you responsible for letting people know how old a thread is? is that what you do? ha! pathetic, get a life

semper fi!!

#42 User is offline   ring 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 17 July 2008 - 06:35 PM

lets set a few things straight..

that wearing the "official" issue usmc cammies is illegal (with the ega in the pattern), because the marine corps. copyrighted, and trademarked the design

no, its not, if you ware a hat that says FBI or SWAT, do you get arrested for impersonating a cop?...
no..

the DESIGN is trademarked "marpat" so others cant make cash off it, it has NOTHING to do with wearing it..

it is also disrespectful

thats your opinion, do you also think wearing a "marine" T shirt or hat with a EGA on it "disrespectful"?...

if you guys insist on wearing them just dont get caught, atleast in public.

again, not a problem, unless plan on walking onto to a USMC base in full uniform and saying "HAY LOOK IM A MARINE!" that u might have a issue.

do you think this is the 1st camo to bare the EGA on it?

USMC BDU's in the 80s had it..
USMC OD field dress in the 70's had it...

since ww2, no 1 ever cared who bought what from a army surplus store and wore it, but now with the Internet we have to all this "fake PC outrage" from people who heard this and that from X site....
Ohio paintball members map, add your self and a pic! http://www.frappr.com/clevelandpaintball

IPB Image

#43 User is offline   devildog189 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 17 July 2008 - 07:18 PM

View Postring, on Jul 17 2008, 09:35 PM, said:

that wearing the "official" issue usmc cammies is illegal (with the ega in the pattern), because the marine corps. copyrighted, and trademarked the design

no, its not, if you ware a hat that says FBI or SWAT, do you get arrested for impersonating a cop?...
no..

the DESIGN is trademarked "marpat" so others cant make cash off it, it has NOTHING to do with wearing it..

it is also disrespectful

thats your opinion, do you also think wearing a "marine" T shirt or hat with a EGA on it "disrespectful"?...

again, not a problem, unless plan on walking onto to a USMC base in full uniform and saying "HAY LOOK IM A MARINE!" that u might have a issue.

since ww2, no 1 ever cared who bought what from a army surplus store and wore it, but now with the Internet we have to all this "fake PC outrage" from people who heard this and that from X site....

yo even real marines are not allowed to wear their cammies off base unless with certain permission from their co, that is why you will see them in their service "C" uniform(non-formal), or dress blues(formal and semi-formal) when off base for any reason

semper fi!!

#44 User is offline   ring 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 17 July 2008 - 07:21 PM

View Postdevildog189, on Jul 17 2008, 07:18 PM, said:

yo even real marines are not allowed to wear their cammies off base unless with certain permission from their co, that is why you will see them in their service "C" uniform(non-formal), or dress blues(formal and semi-formal) when off base for any reason

that is a marine rule for marines... dose not apply to anyone else..

IPB Image

#45 User is offline   devildog189 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 17 July 2008 - 07:25 PM

View Postring, on Jul 17 2008, 09:35 PM, said:

no..

it is also disrespectful

and no i dont think this is the first issue bdu with the ega in pattern, i am saying in general and have nothing to do with what i am saying

View Postring, on Jul 17 2008, 10:21 PM, said:

View Postdevildog189, on Jul 17 2008, 07:18 PM, said:

that is a marine rule for marines... dose not apply to anyone else..

even so it can still be disrespectful because you can get the same bdu's with the same pattern but without the ega in the pattern from the same manufacturer or from an equal quality manufacturer like tru-spec

semper fi!!

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users