• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New guy here Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   fiveonomo 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 November 2007 - 08:42 PM

I am new to paintball and just stumbled upon the site and i have to say it is awesome! There is a ton of information here. Anyway I have played a few times and have decided that I am going to buy my own gun/equipment. I am getting into the paintball thing late at almost 37 years old but you are only as old as you act i guess. I think I will enjoy the woodsball stuff more than the other but I love all of it. I had no idea paintball was what it is today. My background is serving in the USMC and after I got out I was a cop for ten years and worked on the SWAT Team for four of those years. I am out of all of that enforcement stuff now (career change) but I miss it sometimes. The Special Ops Paintball gives me a way to be as close to that as I can get without actually doing it for a living. Anyway I will be looking for a used marker (X-7) so if you know of any deals please let me know. Thanks for an awesome sight and I look forward to learning as much as I can from you guys. Thanks, Scott.

#2 User is offline   06shocker&ion 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:06shocker&ion

Posted 22 November 2007 - 08:50 PM

Welcome to the sport, the X-7 is a great marker, isn't this website great!? Also, you are not too late into the sport, I know many fellow paintballers your age and older who are great at it.

enjoy!

#3 User is offline   Bone37 

• The Chicago 37th S.P.S. Heavy Gunner
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Bone37

Posted 22 November 2007 - 08:50 PM

Welcome.
Posted Image

37sps.com

#4 User is offline   DvS21 

• Duct Tape; saving lives since 1942
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Raiden21

Posted 22 November 2007 - 08:51 PM

well you need a marker to play, what is your price range?

PBN Feedback AO Feedback SOP Feedback
"We could do a raffle, I've got some random bowling trophies somewhere. Everyone needs a bowling trophy." - DigitalPirate
"No, Puzuma, please tea bag me for free......actually....after that statement....I don't even care"- Deuce
"So what? She had sex in your bed... Somebody had to, and obviously you dropped the ball..." - Jones

#5 Guest_LONGBOW_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 22 November 2007 - 08:52 PM

Look in the Buy/Sell/Trade section and maybe create a Want Add for a cheap X-7.

#6 User is offline   Bone37 

• The Chicago 37th S.P.S. Heavy Gunner
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Bone37

Posted 22 November 2007 - 08:52 PM

Welcome.
What the! not sure why this came up twice, but again, welcome.

This post has been edited by Bone37: 22 November 2007 - 08:54 PM

Posted Image

37sps.com

#7 User is offline   fiveonomo 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 22 November 2007 - 09:01 PM

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I have already sent a few messages off of the buy/sell page. As far as the $$$ go I am not really sure, if it strikes me I will probably buy it.

#8 Guest_LONGBOW_*

Posted 22 November 2007 - 09:04 PM

If you ever want a little backup C02 tank PM me.

#9 User is offline   DvS21 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 November 2007 - 09:08 PM

Well I have a super sale in my sig, that has a nice Q loaded SP8 if you are looking for something milsim. I also reccomend looking over at airgundesignsusa.com for the Tac One automag, an amazing and great performing marker with a milsim touch.

"We could do a raffle, I've got some random bowling trophies somewhere. Everyone needs a bowling trophy." - DigitalPirate
"No, Puzuma, please tea bag me for free......actually....after that statement....I don't even care"- Deuce
"So what? She had sex in your bed... Somebody had to, and obviously you dropped the ball..." - Jones

#10 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 22 November 2007 - 09:21 PM

Welcome to the forums. In my opinion, you have just found one of the best paintball forums on the internet. Not only do you want a nice marker, remember your other gear you may need. You should definitely look into getting a decent mask. If your mask fogs in the middle of a game it can ruin a good time. A pod pack or vest is always nice to have, but definitely not a requirement. And things like that. The X7 is a nice marker for mil-sim. Is there any particular reason why you are getting that marker?

#11 User is offline   Kontract Killa 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kontract Killa

Posted 22 November 2007 - 09:32 PM

Welcome to the greatest forums on the internet! Good marker choice, too. Really, once you get the gun, all you need is a good mask and CO2. Everything else is optional. I suggest a Vforce mask, or a JT Elite Headshield if you really hate headshots. I use the JT. I would suggest a pod pack next, depending on your setup. What are you gonna style the X7 after?

Oh, by the way, you are not too old. My dad is 43 and there is this 50-60 year old that plays at the local field. They are good.
The Free 19th.

#12 Guest_LONGBOW_*

Posted 22 November 2007 - 09:39 PM

Just remember to practice tons.

#13 User is offline   DvS21 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 November 2007 - 09:51 PM

yeah practice makes perfect, Vest work well for hauling gear, I hate to be a self plugging jerk but check my thread for a good vest, and other needs, trust me buying used is always a great option.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users