Special Ops Paintball: Weaver/Picatinny Iron Sights - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Weaver/Picatinny Iron Sights Where to find some good ones?

#1 User is offline   Apexius 

• The Omnipotent
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Apex

Posted 11 July 2007 - 10:09 AM

Anyone know where to find some good front and rear flip-up sights, weaver/picatinny style?

Cheap price is good, but I'd like to find some quality ones.

-Apex
Your Mom wants to ride the Bull.....

#2 User is offline   splntercell 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:splntercell

Posted 11 July 2007 - 04:48 PM

Try checking on ebay. I picked up a carry handle with an iron sight on the top of it with wind and distance ajustments that was made out of aircraft grade aluminum for around $40. Its a little overkill but it looks great on the weaver rail on my T9.

#3 User is offline   Gobo Fongo 

• Master of Awesome
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Gobo Fongo

Posted 11 July 2007 - 04:54 PM

I'd try http://www.cheaperthandirt.com first, they usually have good stuff, and usually cheaper than dirt :D

try here:
http://cheaperthandi...sights_bbae.htm

here:
front, rear
those aren't cheap, but they may be the best you'll find, there's other cheaper but not like those

This post has been edited by Gobo Fongo: 11 July 2007 - 05:01 PM

"On the other hand, I WILL buy a Viking, and every time I shoot it I will be symbolically sticking it to Smart Parts."
Me Feedback ALL MY STUFF FOR SALE Multicam Headwrap Sale

#4 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 11 July 2007 - 06:22 PM

Those are pretty expensive for iron sights... this rear and this front sight. Not too sure if they'll line up properly, though, and it might not look great when you use them, but it's still much cheaper than the other set.

-Z3R0
Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#5 User is offline   splntercell 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:splntercell

Posted 11 July 2007 - 06:44 PM

View PostZ3R0, on Jul 11 2007, 09:22 PM, said:

Those are pretty expensive for iron sights... this rear and this front sight. Not too sure if they'll line up properly, though, and it might not look great when you use them, but it's still much cheaper than the other set.

-Z3R0

That rear sight is identical to the one attached to the carry handle i purchased. I like it being mounted on the carry handle because it raises the sights a few inches above the gun wich makes it easy to get my mask behind it.

#6 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 July 2007 - 06:52 PM

Theres no point in having a Front and Rear Site on your marker, unless youre wanting them to compliment the looks of your Milsim Marker and actually thats Truly a Waste of Money.

#7 User is offline   Gobo Fongo 

• Master of Awesome
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Gobo Fongo

Posted 11 July 2007 - 07:23 PM

View PostZ3R0, on Jul 11 2007, 08:22 PM, said:

-Z3R0

Those may work but they're not made for each other; one's an AR-15 rear sight and the other a UMP front sight, I'm not sure that they'd line up properly, and neither flip up.

View Postsplntercell, on Jul 11 2007, 08:44 PM, said:

That rear sight is identical to the one attached to the carry handle i purchased. I like it being mounted on the carry handle because it raises the sights a few inches above the gun wich makes it easy to get my mask behind it.

If you do get an AR-15/M-4/M16 carry handle, it will most certainly have the peep sight (like the one you and I linked to) in it, but you'll need a raised front sight, that triangle shape you see on M-4/16s barrels, and to line up properly you'd need ones made for paintball, which you can find from BT or others.

I posted the links to the ones I did cause they are what you asked for, and if you look around on cheaperthandirt you'll find much cheaper ones. I think your best bet for cheap over quality is to find some plastic ones off an airsoft gun and mod them to fit.

And evil he didn't ask if it was practical, he asked where to find them and your point is arguable, I use my sights all the time. Why you gotta be so negative?

What gun are you putting them on by the way, I can't think of one that doesn't come with sights that would need them.

This post has been edited by Gobo Fongo: 11 July 2007 - 07:29 PM

"On the other hand, I WILL buy a Viking, and every time I shoot it I will be symbolically sticking it to Smart Parts."
Me Feedback ALL MY STUFF FOR SALE Multicam Headwrap Sale

#8 User is offline   Warwitch 

• Unconventional
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 July 2007 - 10:01 AM

I have the UMP front sight on my E-tac and its sweet. I had an Armson OEG but I like the UMP better. Less obstructive, really quick target aquisition and less weight.

I went from this:
Posted Image
Posted Image

to this:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Now before you even ask: NO the feedneck does not affect the sight. You dont look "through" an OEG sight. You keep both eyes open and it superimposes the red dot almost like a laser but only you can see it. That aside, I still like the UMP sight better. Much lower profile than if I put the Armson on the top rail and having it on the left rail puts it too close to my goggs.
When "pretty good" just isn't good enough...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users